collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

Dot Guests: 332 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 1

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 13016
  • stats Total Posts: 131029
  • stats Total Topics: 18328
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Mining Claims
Gear Pan
The lil Gold Spinner
BC GOLD
The lil Gold Spinner
The Pocket Sluice

Author Topic: Conveyor Belt Matting - BC  (Read 673 times)

Offline placermaster

• Province/State: British Columbia
  • Kudos: 7
Conveyor Belt Matting - BC
« on: April 09, 2019, 08:51:10 AM »
I have some top conveyor belt matting for sale, comes in whatever size you require. Let me know the size I'll provide you a  price.  Based out of the Fraser Valley so pickup or drop off would be in that area.

57661151469__B98CB122-D080-4B9D-A3F3-C616E9A7EDDA.jpg

Cheers,

PM

Offline mcbain

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: hope bc
  • Kudos: 138
Re: Vortex Matting - BC
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2019, 07:56:41 PM »
Hi.Pm.Does not look like conveyor mat to me.almost lookks like one of the Docs desines.I can see where the vortex action would work.Luck,Mcbain.
I started out with nothing Istill have most of it.

Offline placermaster

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2019, 09:13:05 AM »
Hi Mark, I sell it at work, it's just a rough top conveyor belting . It is probably the same stuff that Gold Hog sells, he's not making that..it's a purchased product. I have a bunch if you want to try some out. 

Offline JOE S (INDY)

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Trapper Creek, Alaska with Winters in Idaho
  • Kudos: 80
  • Wiser Mining Through Endless Personal Mistakes
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2019, 10:33:28 AM »
PM,

Gold Hog mats are only extruded black rubber - not reinforced conveyor belting.    The extrusion width is 6 inches and is cut by the manufacturer to slightly over 36" lengths (crosswise orientation in the sluice width).  Obviously that 36+" length is then custom cut by the user to reflect the width of the receiving sluice box.

The Gold Hog mats are copyrighted by Gold Hog and made, under contract to them, by a manufacturer.

I pulled some information from the net to show "Vortex" style conveyor belting - no endorsement or affiliation intended.   {cool^sign}

https://www.globalindustrial.com/g/motors/power-transmission-belts/conveyor-belts/industrial-conveyor-belts?trackType=null

*** OOPS, I should have said Patented rather than Copyrighted.
Wiser Mining Through Endless Personal Mistakes

Offline placermaster

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2019, 02:24:40 PM »
Thanks Joe, I know & understand fully what Gold Hog is making...not comparing what I have to his mats, Mark did. He used to have a vortex matting on his site, which now seems to be gone, but I put a link below to a video of him testing it.

What I should have said in response to Mark was, "it is probably the same material Gold Hog used to sell as Vortex Matting but no longer appears to."

What I do have is a cheap rough top conveyor belt for people who don't want to buy expensive mats.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYQ10IipVTc

Thanks for your two cents :-)

PM

Offline mcbain

• PPT Invited
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2019, 07:10:37 PM »
Hi.Guys seems to be some confusion here.I have never seen v ripped conveyor mat.The conveyor mat I refer to is the stuff I use on my shop floor,It is as smooth as a babys bottom.I use it as a shock absorber.That being said I know what PM and Sub use.Luck,Mcbain.

Offline suburbanator

• Adventurer
  • Province/State: BC
  • Kudos: 18
  • https://youtu.be/RhFRkgpURW0
    • youtube channel
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2019, 08:37:42 AM »
Hi.Pm.Does not look like conveyor mat to me.almost lookks like one of the Docs desines.I can see where the vortex action would work.Luck,Mcbain.

I cut up a piece of this to fit our new MINI Highbanker and we will test it on some really fine gold today!!! 

Offline mcbain

• PPT Invited
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2019, 08:26:07 PM »
Hi.Guys.Was out with Sub.And Placer master today.Seen the Mat.It is exactly as described.V ripped conveyor matting and it does catch gold.That being said it is not VORTEX mat.And only gets some of the gold.Real vortex mat creates a suction over angled rubber ribs that will actually suck gold and blacksand backwards into the groves and hold it there.Watch gold hog vids.That being said the little prospector Mini did very well for its size and uses goldhog mat.The only thing that sucks is the FRASER river water.Almost impossible to really separate black sand and fine gold  on the river.Alland all was a great day on the river.Luck,Mcbain.