collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

Dot Guests: 155 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 13003
  • stats Total Posts: 130781
  • stats Total Topics: 18301
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Gear Pan
The lil Gold Spinner
BC GOLD
The lil Gold Spinner
The Pocket Sluice

Author Topic: pumps  (Read 874 times)

Offline goldseeker1

• Province/State: Alberta
  • Kudos: 1
Re: pumps
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2019, 07:27:28 PM »
tks 4 ur input luck mabain

Offline scar420

• Province/State: BC
  • Kudos: 7
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2019, 09:10:51 PM »
i have a 2"pump..can i reduce the intake to 1.5" without hurting the pump itself.i reduced the out take to 1.5"...ken

It wont hurt it at all, you will get more pressure just because of the pump housing/impeller size combined with the extra horsepower. I had a 2" hyundai reduced on both ends on the pump with cast aluminum fittings (the kind that neck down gently). It worked great, except those 2" pumps are so heavy. I ended up buying a brand new 1.5" honda  wx15 off a friend who didn't need it and sold my 2" hyundai. I can tell you with absolute certainty the 2" hyundai necked down to 1.5" on the outlet and intake was able to move more water uphill at a higher volume than my wx15 is capable of.
I could have run 2 highbankers with the reduced hyundai at near full throttle, whereas the wx15 im only running 1 .

Offline goldseeker1

« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2019, 11:05:26 AM »
also...lol...how long of a intake hose do most miners run.should u run just enough hose u need 2 reach the water or does it matter...ken

Offline Davidloc

• Province/State: Ontario
  • Kudos: 5
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2019, 11:10:04 AM »
The big factor is the height of the lift to the pump. The internal friction of the hose will slightly lower the water flow but not enough to really notice even with a 50 ft run to the water source.

Offline goldseeker1

« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2019, 11:13:23 AM »
just read my message...from now on no shorthand....ken

Offline Davidloc

• Province/State: Ontario
  • Kudos: 5
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2019, 11:20:35 AM »
Don't forget that your pump is rated for DUAL 2" discharge and you will be necking this down to single 1 1/2 discharge so your max flow will drop considerably and don't throttle at max trying to get more out of it all that will do is put more pressure on the impeller and bearings with no appreciable difference in water flow. Test it with a tank and a water source and max out the throttle until the water flow stops increasing and use this as your new max to run the pump at. The only time to throttle it up is if the lift is close to the max of the pump but your pump has  really high total head already.

Offline goldseeker1

« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2019, 01:05:10 PM »
this pump is going on a 12"highbanker..so ill try it out first ..i think i can still run it...im going to take a few pictures and have the wife try to post them.is there any info on this form on how to do this....ken

Offline garth64

• Kudos: 7
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2019, 01:46:04 PM »
One way is to open an account on Google drive load pics of vids from  there and then just post a link to there.

Offline mcbain

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: hope bc
  • Kudos: 136
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2019, 07:34:49 PM »
Hi.2 points to consider the shorter you intake the better.The closer the pump is to the water the less the pump has to work to push the water.Pumps are designed to push the water.I call it the drag effect.If the pump hasto drag water a long distance it is going to loose on the discharge.Next down load Post Image .org  it is free.Resize your pics as small as possible.Create your file.Next right above all the smiley faces where you are making your post are some blue colored boxes.The one on the left right above the smiley says insert image.If it keeps coming up as a Error you may have to use a image resizer.Takes some playing but should work.Mcbain.
I started out with nothing Istill have most of it.

Gear Pan
Gold Rat