collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

Suave

Dot Guests: 171 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 12966
  • stats Total Posts: 130013
  • stats Total Topics: 18185
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Gear Pan
The lil Gold Spinner
BC GOLD
The lil Gold Spinner
The Pocket Sluice

Author Topic: Making a living hand mining  (Read 1363 times)

Offline garth64

• Kudos: 7
Re: Making a living hand mining
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2019, 10:59:26 AM »
mini hoe from princess auto and a powered wheel barrow into wash box I have permit in place, pm me if you like, I have an area of interest.

Offline DirtHogg

• CGPF Sponsor
  • Kudos: 26
    • DirtHogg Paydirt
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2019, 12:14:15 PM »
I for one commend you on your courage to do a kind of adventure like this.I just hope you have some money put aside for food ect.Because you are in for some heartache.But this i hope is just you and your not dragging any dependents down this road.I would hate to see a wife or kids attempt to live off handmining anywhere.For a summer adventure i can see nothing better than this for a young strong guy.I wish you all the luck in the world!!!
DirtHogg

Offline JOE S (INDY)

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Trapper Creek, Alaska with Winters in Idaho
  • Kudos: 71
  • Wiser Mining Through Endless Personal Mistakes
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2019, 02:55:16 PM »
So, here's a word or two from 'ole Joe:

"Never Risk What You Can't Afford to Loose."  Sweet and to the point.

Many of us have fancifully considered what you are hoping to do - but you are, it seems, relying on others to blaze the way for your direction. 

It could be a better idea to do what Top Cat suggested - start slow to learn exactly what you really are attempting before going whale fishing. 

Just remember that if it was as simple as some think, we'd be hip deep in rich mining companies.

'ole Joe
Wiser Mining Through Endless Personal Mistakes

Offline kodibear

• Province/State: Canada
  • Kudos: 3
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2019, 06:23:01 PM »
I have watched most of Dans videos & I was pretty impressed with how much gold he was getting from the Fraser until I watched the one where he showed his entire take for 10 yrs (7.5 ozs ) & then I realized that most of what he does is to promote the claims he has for sale. I once found over 14 ozs in 3 mths working 20 hrs a week but mostly I find a lot less. The big difference between you & me is that I have 40 yrs of experience to rely on. When I first started out I barely made gas money, having said that I wish you all the luck in the world having been there &  done that. I never got rich but I never starved & if I had it to do over, I wouldn't change a thing.

Offline mcbain

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: hope bc
  • Kudos: 130
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2019, 07:29:35 PM »
Hi.Fredrick I wish you luck.You must have a  amazing claim.All the above posters would love to have a claim they could make a living from.If you can work non stop 10 hrs a day,you may make welfare for the few months you can work.Now if your job pays less than welfare You may do O.K. 2-3g aday sounds o.k. but you got to give up 30% to the gold buyer and the tax man.Even Dan would shake his head.If you could do a ounze a day,Well maybe I would quit my job to.Just saying,Luck Mcbain.
I started out with nothing Istill have most of it.

Offline suburbanator

• Adventurer
  • Province/State: BC
  • Kudos: 11
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2019, 06:52:16 AM »
A gram an hour panning is good.

I can get a Gram an hour HIGH BANKING on several of my Fraser claims,  sadly I'd say that its impossible to maintain that pace,  but panning? That would be tough IMO.

If you need any help let me know,  your welcome to try one of my claims before you set out.

Offline goldseeker1

• Province/State: Alberta
  • Kudos: 1
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2019, 08:59:19 AM »
suburbanator... can you give us  a title number of 1 of your cells so we can see where you are at on the fraser...if not asking 2 much...ken

Offline Youtuber Dan

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Peachlaqnd, B.C.
  • Kudos: 37
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2019, 10:16:06 AM »
There are FAR more <.25g days than there are >1g days. However my YouTube viewers have spoken VERY loudly that they don't like watching the "dud" days. So I usually make the videos the viewers want. I could never make a living panning or highbanking. Even those videos I did on a VERY good claim I was clear I could not keep up that pace for more than an hour. I have got 1 ounce in a day Twice in my ten years. And both those time there were 3 of us reading the high banker. So really only 1/3 of an ounce. And those were very special spots.

Offline JOE S (INDY)

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Trapper Creek, Alaska with Winters in Idaho
  • Kudos: 71
  • Wiser Mining Through Endless Personal Mistakes
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2019, 10:34:14 AM »
I think Dan meant to say

"... feeding the high banker".   <~ShOcK~>

He gets Sooooo excited sometimes  <-hypnotized->
Wiser Mining Through Endless Personal Mistakes

Offline garth64

• Kudos: 7
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2019, 11:04:24 AM »
For sum of us that don't know, the new phones will auto correct. I my self will be happy with 1/8 ounce a day thrilled with 1/4 ounce a day with my little operation , Im getting to old to shovel, im one step above hand work.

Gear Pan
Gold Rat