collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

pascalfortier

Dot Guests: 161 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 1

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 12921
  • stats Total Posts: 129596
  • stats Total Topics: 18117
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Gear Pan
The lil Gold Spinner
BC GOLD
The lil Gold Spinner
The Pocket Sluice

Author Topic: Chasing the gold with Lanny  (Read 2773 times)

Offline Lanny

• Province/State: Alberta
  • Kudos: 2
Re: Chasing the gold with Lanny
« Reply #80 on: May 17, 2019, 10:49:15 AM »
Hi.Lanny loving it.A couple more trips and she will have it down pat.But never ignore the bad signals.There is more than gold to found.One of the best signals I got with my garret AT was apiece of gum wrapper.My claim is loaded with iron rocks but this spot was just dirt.I had to dig 2 ft.to find it.And that still has me scratching my head.Last fall we buried a 5.7g nugget at about 6 inches in the same kind of dirt no rocks.The signal was so faint,I could not believe it.Do I chalk it up to a fualty tool or just a stupid operator?Me thinks the operator.Luck,Mcbain.

Mcbain, as always, thanks for your comments, and thanks for the advice about the bad signals as I've found some really bizarre things that way, and some downright interesting things as well.

When it comes to chasing aluminum foil, the decay rate of the signal is longer than gold, and that's why it always sounds so good, but never is.

I usually find that when the detector is acting strange, it's usually something to do with me as well . . .

All the best,

Lanny

Offline mcbain

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: hope bc
  • Kudos: 123
« Reply #81 on: May 17, 2019, 08:11:07 PM »
One thing I was told about detectors is they do not Lie.The signal readings can be wrong but the detector is picking up something and it does just not be what we want.I have watched many vids where a  dedector rights it off to a bottle cap and some one else that puts a little more work into digging gets a damn good find..Just saying Mcbain.
I started out with nothing Istill have most of it.

Offline Lanny

• Province/State: Alberta
  • Kudos: 2
« Reply #82 on: May 18, 2019, 02:48:20 PM »
One thing I was told about detectors is they do not Lie.The signal readings can be wrong but the detector is picking up something and it does just not be what we want.I have watched many vids where a  dedector rights it off to a bottle cap and some one else that puts a little more work into digging gets a damn good find..Just saying Mcbain.

You're sure on the money with your idea.

For instance, while nugget shooting I'll often get a reading that says iron as well as non-ferrous, and that's because of the ironstone that lays in the bedrock with the gold on top of it, beside it, underneath it, etc.  That's why I dig those questionable targets too.

All the best,

Lanny

Gear Pan
Gold Rat