collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

juu907kodibear

Dot Guests: 212 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 13016
  • stats Total Posts: 131036
  • stats Total Topics: 18330
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Mining Claims
Gear Pan
The lil Gold Spinner
BC GOLD
The lil Gold Spinner
The Pocket Sluice

Author Topic: Yukon +NWT metal detecting for nug & exploring for meteorites & stuff 2020  (Read 1056 times)

Offline Computer technician

• Province/State: Ontario
  • Kudos: 3
Re: Yukon +NWT metal detecting for nug & exploring for meteorites & stuff 2020
« Reply #50 on: November 22, 2019, 02:12:39 PM »
Yeap
I though about Nevada or Arizona too.
There are nuggets for sure , small ones probably,  according to youtube clips.
Yukon is a huge  place ,chance is bigger  to find  something bigger  or nothing haha :) <-thinking->
also not familiar with firearms  through the border will be a problem too  &   a lot human traffic and  drugs   around Arizona crossing from Mexico.
It is not save either,  even more headache.
Yes if you know people there , this is a different story then  ;)

Offline JOE S (INDY)

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Trapper Creek, Alaska with Winters in Idaho
  • Kudos: 80
  • Wiser Mining Through Endless Personal Mistakes
« Reply #51 on: November 22, 2019, 02:16:48 PM »
 <~ShOcK~> Exactly So!

Don't forget - many of the little devils can bite or sting right through a Tee Shirt - so in the heat and humidity there you are standing tall in a long sleeved heavy flannel shirt, too.

Been there, done that.   <-unsure_>

Joe
Wiser Mining Through Endless Personal Mistakes

Offline jobinyt

• PPT Invited
  • Kudos: 21
« Reply #52 on: November 22, 2019, 04:23:37 PM »
More on bugs: I have, and when I get old, will again, spend a great deal of time in Ontario. So, it is with considerable experience that I observe one of those minor insignificant things that is an example of, "things in YT are likely not what you expect." In this case black flies. In Ontario - well, in the greater North Bay area anyhow - black flies show first - about 3rd week in May where my place is - followed by mosquitoes 1-2 weeks later. Black flies are amazing critters - very small - usually don't feel a thing - but each one seems to take a bite considerably bigger than itself and it leaves you red and raw and swollen. Ears and eye lids are favorite targets. I've seen eyes swollen shut. BF are likely kin to ticks based on the way they love to work down deep inside your clothing in search of the perfect bite.

Yep - got those same things in YT - but they are a fall pest in YT. About the time the mosquitoes are pretty much done for year, and you're breathing a sigh of relief  - here come the black flies.

Offline jobinyt

• PPT Invited
  • Kudos: 21
« Reply #53 on: November 22, 2019, 05:09:26 PM »
Firearms.

US Customs enforces federal laws. They could not care less about state law. Try to bring marijuana through customs into a state where it is legal - and customs will nail you big time for busting federal law. Also I'll mention, don't bring any game/fish into the US without visiting your local CO office and getting the necessary papers - and there better be wings on birds.

So, finally, firearms. When I declare firearms coming into the US, sometimes they ask if I can prove I didn't acquire those same forearms while I was out of the country. That's it. Well - no automatic firing weapons allowed.  You don't even need a PAL bringing your restricted and unrestricted firearms into the US. Keep it simple, "Self-protection" is sufficient reason for possession under federal law. I suggest you have a list of the firearms - handy if any get stolen - nice to show it to the customs officer - it reduces the questions he may ask. Oh, don't lie about ANYTHING - the fines and penalties for saying something found to be untrue far exceed the penalty/duty on declared items. The US will regard your firearms just as they regard your vehicle - as something you intend to take back to Canada. If not , if you think you might sell/trade it then there will be duty issues. In most states to carry a handgun in a way it can't be easily seen requires a permit. Quite a few states though allow "open carry". Put your handgun in an open holster on a belt or shoulder rig and you are good to go in those states. You can use google to learn which states allow open carry. But, I offer this advice, and there are those who will disagree with me but I suggest open carry gives you the means to carry a handgun, if allowed in that state, in the boonies without breaking any laws. In that same state though, although it may be legal, I think it a BAD idea to carry in town. Not only does it attract attention and create some fear in some people - but while you think it will deter some bad guy, you make yourself his target and loose the element of surprise. Take each states carry laws seriously - your restricted or otherwise PAL is meaningless in the US, and it is the local and state police that enforce whatever the local laws are.

Going back to Canada - you have no registration anymore. Assuming you have a PAL just hand it to the Canada customs agent along with your passport - you know the regulations and again there should be little/no questions raised. If you don't have your PAL - get one - don't leave home without it.

Gear Pan
Gold Rat