collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

Dot Guests: 190 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 12938
  • stats Total Posts: 129756
  • stats Total Topics: 18147
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Gear Pan
The lil Gold Spinner
BC GOLD
The lil Gold Spinner
The Pocket Sluice

Author Topic: Best sluice box set up for very fine flour gold ??  (Read 701 times)

Offline Suave

• Province/State: British Columbia
  • Kudos: 17
Re: Best sluice box set up for very fine flour gold ??
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2019, 06:14:33 PM »
Joe,
You made some very good points. On a final note, I would like to add a few more comments.

Why use a high banker in the first place?

The high banker was designed to replace the dredge, which is becoming illegal everywhere, to efficiently move more dirt, or because there is not an available water source. There is a common misconception that a high banker, because of its ability to move more dirt, will get you more gold. It will only get you more gold if there is gold in the dirt in the first place!

I have seen many, many times guys shovel dirt all day long to end up with very little to show for their efforts. If you watch youtube videos of guys that prospect on a regular basis, how many times do they use a high banker versus not? They will only use a high banker when they know they are on consistent pay. Sample, sample sample!

Another very important factor is not necessarily what type of mats you are running, but how far in you have to carry it. A few months back, CL Haddon posted his DIY mini backpack version. It was perfect for the terrain and the claim he was working, as it was too cumbersome to trek in a traditional high banker and pump.

Whatever system or method you use, whether it be a high banker or a pan and shovel, you can only get as much gold as there is gold in the dirt.

Keep On Diggin'_Suave

Offline mcbain

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: hope bc
  • Kudos: 126
Re: Best sluice box set up for very fine flour gold ??
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2019, 07:28:05 PM »
 lol!!!@* lol!!!@* lol!!!@* lol!!!@*.Hi suave you are absolutley right.So many think it is the eqipment they buy that gets the gold.The equipment for sale amazes me.This was brought to me yesterday.A couple guys spent 500.000.00 on equipment and worked a claim they never tested.They never found gold. and are now broke.I do not feel sorry for them.You can not fix stupid.Just happens that they where funded by you and me.Do not think I need say more.Your point is well taken.Every body should know how to do a simple pan before jumping in to the fire.Luck,Mcbain.
I started out with nothing Istill have most of it.

Gear Pan
Gold Rat