collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

Dot Guests: 140 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 1

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 12920
  • stats Total Posts: 129588
  • stats Total Topics: 18114
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Gear Pan
The lil Gold Spinner
BC GOLD
The lil Gold Spinner
The Pocket Sluice

Author Topic: Panning on a Hard rock/ mineral claim?  (Read 500 times)

Offline Tim Harris

• Province/State: BC
  • Kudos: 0
Panning on a Hard rock/ mineral claim?
« on: March 14, 2019, 03:00:03 PM »
there is a area on a creek that i would like to go panning at, it does not have any Placer claims on it, but there is Mineral claims or hard rock claims on it. Am i allowed to go pan there?

Offline suburbanator

• Adventurer
  • Kudos: 11
Re: Panning on a Hard rock/ mineral claim?
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2019, 03:18:27 PM »
there is a area on a creek that i would like to go panning at, it does not have any Placer claims on it, but there is Mineral claims or hard rock claims on it. Am i allowed to go pan there?

Nope, unfortunately you are allowed no mining activities on that cell.

You can always ask permission however...usually works out!

Offline BC Prospector

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Gold Creek
  • Kudos: 3
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2019, 04:11:00 PM »
You are allowed to pan on a mineral claim, as long as it is not an active mine site, for safety reasons. You can not mine or remove any hard rock  minerals.

Offline Youtuber Dan

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Peachlaqnd, B.C.
  • Kudos: 37
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2019, 05:06:29 PM »
Suburbanator is right.  Here is a quote from the ministry Update #2

Hand panning must not be carried out:
1. On a valid mineral or placer title unless the person has permission from the recorded holder of the mineral or placer title (Section 9(2) of the Mineral Tenure Act);
2. Within a park, conservancy, ecological reserve, or protected area, unless permission from the park warden or administrative agency responsible for the park is first obtained;
3. On a Provincial heritage site as defined in Section 1 of the Heritage Conservation Act;
4. On an Indian Reservation or Treaty Settlement Lands, unless permission is first obtained from the First Nation(s);
5. On private property without the owner’s permission.

Offline suburbanator

• Adventurer
  • Kudos: 11
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2019, 05:56:56 PM »
You are allowed to pan on a mineral claim, as long as it is not an active mine site, for safety reasons. You can not mine or remove any hard rock  minerals.

You can pan on a Mineral claim that you own,  but not someone else's without permission!  #claimjumping

Offline mcbain

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: hope bc
  • Kudos: 123
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2019, 06:41:52 PM »
Hi.Tim.Alot of the claims in your area are Blanket claims (for want of a better term).Large areas tied up by the big boys.All of the above are correct.simply find a way to contact the owner.Most will give you permission.Some may ask you to keep records of your work so they can use that for their reports.that can work out to everybodys advantage.For example a large company could put you on to some good ground just for keeping records.There is another area worth checking out.I can not remember the names of the roads.I have not been there since the early 80s and every thing is changed now but I remember some folks found gold out there.This the best way I can explain it.Draw a line on a map between Smithers and Granisle.Then start looking more to the Babine side of the hills.Hope that helps somewhat.Luck Mcbain.
I started out with nothing Istill have most of it.

Offline BC Prospector

• PPT Invited
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2019, 10:38:01 PM »
Tim, I assumed you had a Free Miners Certificate.  If you don't have one, you should get one. The Ministry Update # 2 applies to recreational panning only.  If you get your  FMC  , this would not apply to you. Then, no permission is required. Good Luck out there.

Offline DharmaSoldat

• Kudos: 2
  • Gadget Guy
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2019, 08:32:02 AM »
Information Update #7 says otherwise about entering mineral claims with an FMC under the section "RIGHT OF ENTRY AND SURFACE USE OF LANDS BY A FREE MINER".

Unless I'm taking crazy pills  nerd$#@

Offline BC Prospector

• PPT Invited
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2019, 07:17:43 PM »
Hi    DharmaSoldat,           Update #7  section 19 of the Mineral Tenure Act ,  applies to Private Land and not to   mineral titles. On the bottom of same page # 4 it reads :  A free miner has the right under section 11 (1)  of the Mineral Tenure Act to enter upon ALL "mineral lands"in order to explore for,develop and produce minerals. ect. ect.  If it were that a free miner could not enter any mineral claims without permission,  it would be a real pain for all of us.  After 45 years of prospecting, I've never heard of  getting permission. Mind you. with all the new regulations, I could be wrong .   

Offline mcbain

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: hope bc
  • Kudos: 123
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2019, 07:59:44 PM »
Hi.Bc prospector.I may be 100% wrong.But I think it is in the wording.You stated mineral lands.that could be any where.You did not say a fmc gives you the right to work a mineral claim butindicated that.A fmc does not give you the right to work on anbodys claim mineral or placer.A fmc simply gives you the rtight to aquire a claim or sell one.A fmc does not give you the right to work any claim with out permission.AFmc can get you banned from certain areas such as recreational reserves.Just saying ,luck ,Mcbain.
I started out with nothing Istill have most of it.

Gear Pan
Gold Rat