collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

PrinceGeorgeGoldGuy

Dot Guests: 175 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 12938
  • stats Total Posts: 129750
  • stats Total Topics: 18146
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Gear Pan
The lil Gold Spinner
BC GOLD
The lil Gold Spinner
The Pocket Sluice

Author Topic: Suburbanator Field Trip March 10 KANAKA  (Read 541 times)

Offline suburbanator

• Adventurer
  • Province/State: BC
  • Kudos: 11
Suburbanator Field Trip March 10 KANAKA
« on: March 11, 2019, 02:40:22 PM »
Well we finally got a real day out there... Nice sunny Day.. 1 degree on the water.
We saw some posts about Kanaka and someone was saying that it was mined out,   I believe Suave corrected them.

Lots of good chunky gold,  and we could only dig a few inches down thanks to the frozen ground!  Anyhow enjoy the scenery!

Thanks for reading.

KANAKA CHUNKY.JPG
KANAKA PARKING.jpeg
KANAKA VIEW SOUTH.JPG
KANAKA BEDROCK LOOKING NORTH.JPG

Offline Suave

• Province/State: British Columbia
  • Kudos: 17
Re: Suburbanator Field Trip March 10 KANAKA
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2019, 03:28:22 PM »
Hey Chad,

Nice photos. Our claim is five cells up from yours. A buddy of ours claim is right below us. This is a great time of year to get up there. From now until May before the spring melt. I can't tell from the photos how high up the shale bedrock goes on your claim. On our claim, we don't dig near the water. Too much sand. We get up higher and gleen the bedrock. We are probably up fifty or sixty feet from the water. Good gold. The moss on the bedrock up higher yields unbelievable gold. Hope to make it up there again next week-end. It's calling for rain Sunday.

Keep On Diggin'_Suave

Offline suburbanator

• Adventurer
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2019, 03:41:17 PM »
Hey Chad,

Nice photos. Our claim is five cells up from yours. A buddy of ours claim is right below us. This is a great time of year to get up there. From now until May before the spring melt. I can't tell from the photos how high up the shale bedrock goes on your claim. On our claim, we don't dig near the water. Too much sand. We get up higher and gleen the bedrock. We are probably up fifty or sixty feet from the water. Good gold. The moss on the bedrock up higher yields unbelievable gold. Hope to make it up there again next week-end. It's calling for rain Sunday.

Keep On Diggin'_Suave

Thanks for the heads up,  Yeah I know where you are. I hiked that whole 2-3km stretch as the cells above and below mine are for sale and I wanted to sort out access. 

Funny enough hardly any sand on the claim,  there is a large back eddy that seems to change  the traditional "sand and gravels" behind rocks.
Claim North of me has a massive sand bar...and has all the old Mining equipment still from WAY back... pretty neat walk actually if you haven't seen it all.

Our claim has a massive bedrock outcrop as well with some deep valleys. 

Here is a photo better showing the terrain.  It looks like alot of rock slide action...

KANAKA LOOKING EAST2.jpg

Offline Suave

• Province/State: British Columbia
  • Kudos: 17
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2019, 05:07:06 PM »
Looks like that is going to keep you out of mischief for awhile. Appears to have some good potential.

Keep On Diggin'_Suave

Offline suburbanator

• Adventurer
Re: Suburbanator Field Trip MAY 4 - Texas Creek Road.
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2019, 12:59:52 PM »
Wow... so who says the Fraser is too high?  We lucked out checking out  of our newest claims up Past Lillooet.   This is Grizzly bear country so our next trip WON'T be without protection and my early warning system (My Dog!).    Couple pickers and a couple bears... plus some large bear prints all over the beach.....

Also can't believe the number of deer tracks I have seen,  with Cat tracks in hot pursuit!! 

JEREMY TOW.jpg

PICKERS TOW.jpg

Offline ykplacer

• Kudos: 24
Re: Suburbanator Field Trip MAY 4 - Texas Creek Road.
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2019, 05:35:18 PM »
Wow... so who says the Fraser is too high?  We lucked out checking out  of our newest claims up Past Lillooet.   This is Grizzly bear country so our next trip WON'T be without protection and my early warning system (My Dog!).    Couple pickers and a couple bears... plus some large bear prints all over the beach.....

Also can't believe the number of deer tracks I have seen,  with Cat tracks in hot pursuit!! 

JEREMY TOW.jpg

PICKERS TOW.jpg

Real nice spot ya got there  suburbanator.

Although ya was there with no protection, in an emergency situation of last resort(being attacked),those big rocks under your feet , start throwing' them..

But some Griz ,well they can throw rocks too..be careful..lol

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2551051/Flexing-muscles-Athletic-grizzly-bear-picks-rocks-pond-near-home-throwing-like-shot-put.html

Just like humans..getting  hit by rock  or a punch in arm is one thing ,easy to shake off.....but getting hit square in the nose with  a rock or punch  is a different feeling.In a fight for your life ,just like this guy vs a Griz.,sometimes it works.(go for the nose) with a rock ,pipe. hammer  what ever ya can get you hands on ..

https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/man-punches-bear-in-the-nose-in-fight-for-survival-during-b-c-beachcombing-trip

Offline suburbanator

• Adventurer
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2019, 07:17:11 PM »
I was not completely ill Prepared....  I was 50' from Jeep,   shovel,  had bear spray and was going to count on some bad music from my iPhone as a deterrent.

Offline mcbain

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: hope bc
  • Kudos: 126
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2019, 08:56:07 PM »
Good Luck.A case of dynamite and some thermolite igniter is the ticket.The dynamite will deter the bear and if placeded properly will create a nice hole to work.The bear does not get to eat your dog or your jeep and you get to look for gold for awhile. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D.Luck,Mcbain.
I started out with nothing Istill have most of it.

Offline Xplore

• Kudos: 9
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2019, 12:24:33 AM »
Great pickers, Suburbanator!
North Vancouver, BC