collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

liquidsteel

Dot Guests: 160 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 12879
  • stats Total Posts: 128702
  • stats Total Topics: 18024
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Gear Pan
The lil Gold Spinner
BC GOLD
The lil Gold Spinner
The Pocket Sluice

Author Topic: Are most youtube vids believeable  (Read 364 times)

Offline upnorth

• Province/State: yukon
  • Kudos: 3
Are most youtube vids believeable
« on: February 24, 2019, 09:43:26 AM »
I was watching a video about gold mining in Sweden, mostly to see what devices are used in that country. I quit after 90 % of it, don't believe his gold total at the end anyway. I figured he's trying to sell his claim or trying to start a gold Rush in that country. At least on TV half of them admit they are going broke.

Offline diamond jim

• PPT Invited
  • Kudos: 11
Re: Are most youtube vids believeable
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2019, 05:33:11 PM »
I just trust my experience and instincts when it comes to Youtube videos. Most are real, but there are always the people wanting attention, and posting finds that my instincts scream are phony. Trust your gut!
Jim

Offline mcbain

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: hope bc
  • Kudos: 121
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2019, 07:57:47 PM »
Hi.I agree with Jim.Some are so blantly phony it is sickning.I forget the name of the one out fit.But they supposedly work the world.All their vids show humungus nuggets and gold  littering the river banks.First one was in Russia. Nuggets the size of a shovel.If it were true Pueten would not let them out alive.i have great sport with these low lives in the comments section.they never reply.Luck Mcbain.
I started out with nothing Istill have most of it.

Offline sunshine

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Ontario, but also prospect in BC
  • Kudos: 32
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2019, 08:33:29 AM »
I am pretty sure the Russia video(s) in question are just clickbait - to collect ad revenue for views. 
See my YouTube channel for fun amateur video:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnz8kX6AZOeZbRt0F9XqVJA

Offline JOE S (INDY)

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Trapper Creek, Alaska with Winters in Idaho
  • Kudos: 69
  • Wiser Mining Through Endless Personal Mistakes
Wiser Mining Through Endless Personal Mistakes

Offline Youtuber Dan

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Peachlaqnd, B.C.
  • Kudos: 36
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2019, 04:24:56 PM »
I get countless complaints on my videos because I keep things honest.  Every video people are yelling at me because I don't show more gold.  Or insult me because I only pulled a gram out in a day.  Every video people commenting are try to make me falsify my results.  So far I have kept to my morals and kept thing honest.  My wife keeps telling me I have to stop reading the comments because so many just make me mad.

Offline beav

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: NS
  • Kudos: 9
  • Keep yer pan wet, and Butt dry!
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2019, 04:57:18 PM »
Well, if you read no more comments Dan, read this one.... DON'T WORRY ABOUT ALL THE NAY SAYERS!
You are doing a fine job in my opinion. HONESTY is ALWAYS the best policy.
Too many people who make negative remarks have been feed a diet of "reality" gold shows for the past decade, which are FAR from reality, so they want youtube artists like yourself to
continue feeding them the hideous garbage (BS) they are used to.
The reason I continue to enjoy your video's is that they ARE REAL with no BS added.

I have to tell it like I see it - no apologies! Keep up the great work and keep being honest.
Beav
(right coast)

Offline sunshine

• PPT Invited
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2019, 11:29:55 AM »
The worst thing you can do as a Youtuber is to fake a find.  You will lose (and deserve to lose) your audience as soon as they realize your content is BS.  People pay attention to everything, including the background, reflections, compare one video to another, etc.  One mudlarker in the UK got busted because he bought something online that he later "found".  Someone in the US showed the same nugget twice.  Whoops.  ;-)

Offline Lanny

• Province/State: Alberta
  • Kudos: 1
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2019, 10:13:50 AM »
I get countless complaints on my videos because I keep things honest.  Every video people are yelling at me because I don't show more gold.  Or insult me because I only pulled a gram out in a day.  Every video people commenting are try to make me falsify my results.  So far I have kept to my morals and kept thing honest.  My wife keeps telling me I have to stop reading the comments because so many just make me mad.

Stick to your guns; don't buckle to the pressure; people that sincerely chase the gold appreciate that.

As for the click-bait videos, they lure in the uninitiated, the gullible, the ignorant who are totally unschooled about the real pleasure of the genuine hunt to find where Mother Nature has stashed her gold.

Now, as for those comments, either disable them so the trolls can't have any more fun, or do as your wife suggests. After all, you're posting the videos because you enjoy what  you're doing, right? Why let someone else's troll agenda ruin what you enjoy. Instead, keep posting so the truly initiated to gold hunting can enjoy the adventure with you. Be more of a thermostat (set your happy temperature) and less of a thermometer (zipping up and down depending on what others [especially haters and trolls] have to say).

Keep on keepin' on . . .

All the best,

Lanny

Offline sunshine

• PPT Invited
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2019, 02:29:12 PM »
Dan.  I bet most of your trolls have never wet a pan  but still think they have an opinion worthy of sharing.  Some want to see "Parker" results, as if that is normal for hand mining.  Dumb or mean comments will happen more often as your channel grows.  "Illegitimi non carborundum."  Keep doing what you are doing.  You have a loyal fan base, who watch your videos because they like the story, your character and see something they probably will never have a chance to do. 

Gear Pan