collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

vfscooter

Dot Guests: 307 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 12896
  • stats Total Posts: 129085
  • stats Total Topics: 18064
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Gear Pan
The lil Gold Spinner
BC GOLD
The lil Gold Spinner
The Pocket Sluice

Author Topic: Update on the Squatters and mess at the Blue Chip Mine.  (Read 767 times)

Offline Youtuber Dan

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Peachlaqnd, B.C.
  • Kudos: 37
Update on the Squatters and mess at the Blue Chip Mine.
« on: February 10, 2019, 06:55:11 AM »
Went back to the Blue Chip Mine to see what has happened since the last trip in over 2 months ago.  Here is a video on what I found.

https://youtu.be/_7k8j2fN22Q

tn.jpg

Offline upnorth

• Province/State: yukon
  • Kudos: 3
Re: Update on the Squatters and mess at the Blue Chip Mine.
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2019, 02:43:01 AM »
Good luck Dan, I noticed one of the comments mentioned the hillsbar mine on qualark creek. It looks like it's open for staking. You better grab it bc guys! I see it's 2k ft up in the snow.

Offline mcbain

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: hope bc
  • Kudos: 122
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2019, 07:37:58 PM »
Hills Bar is a dud.It was reworked 2 years back only yielded 2 grams after a months worth of work.So much for paying a 100,000 k for a claim that was worked out over a 100 years ago.The river has changed and hills bar hardly ever sees flood dust any more.Just sdaying Luck,Mcbain.
I started out with nothing Istill have most of it.

Offline upnorth

• Province/State: yukon
  • Kudos: 3
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2019, 11:29:29 PM »
Sorry to talk on your posting dan

This is the hard rock mine up a couple miles on qualark creek. It was called hillsbar creek mine. Not too many people know of it. It is 200 ft long I believe. They found a rich vein but it ended. They were looking for the source of hillsbar placer. It was sunk in 1913 I believe. The mine was buried by a landslide for many years. Now with the logging around maybe you can get get close to it.
I found some more info. During the 1999 field season attempts were made to relocate the tunnel, but due to the
slide all evidence of the workings have been destroyed. The terrain along the creek is
difftcult to traverse, due to dense second growth as (I result of former logging. Subsequent
land slides and debris flows also compound traverse areas. A helicopter was utilized and
the creek flown at low elevation and a detail air search conducted for both of the tunnels,
but without much success, due primarily to hindrance of dense undergrowth. The Hillsbar
tunnel was eventually relocated on foot. Its portal entrance is obscured by trees, and most
of the tailings washed away by the creek fi-om repeated floods.

Offline CMMC

• Province/State: Delta, British Columbia
  • Kudos: 21
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2019, 09:27:49 AM »
MTO is having a meeting soon. One of their topics will be "cleanup" from others' messes on your claims. If MTO decides to allow hours of cleanup then you can put those hours towards your SOW. Basically the MTO person who I was talking to quoted, "It won't include picking up a piece of garbage here and there, but anything from structures, to a lot of debris can be used for hours towards your SOW if we decide to allow it. Pictures must be taken, before and after,  to prove what was there before you cleaned it up."

I said to him great idea along with, lots of people go to their claims to prospect for gold etc and will not want to waste their valuable time cleaning up somebody else's crap. I suggested that for an incentive if people do have lots of crap on their claim left by others then they should be credited for 3 to 1. So, they spend 10 hours cleaning and removing an old shed along with other garbage etc then they should be credited for 30 hours. Also, dump fees (If you need to go there due to too much garbage) should work like this, they keep the receipt and can put it towards their SOW (Which is also a 3 to 1 value since claim owners are now spending their own money for this). Pictures and videos must be taken to prove any removal on a claim.

I now await his reply after their meeting.

Offline suburbanator

• Adventurer
  • Province/State: BC
  • Kudos: 11
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2019, 07:01:59 AM »
MTO is having a meeting soon. One of their topics will be "cleanup" from others' messes on your claims.

It is funny that you say that,  I actually submitted cleanup and reclamation on one of my work reports this year for a mineral claim and nobody said anything.  I billed 4 hours and included details in my written report.  I am not advising others to it until its advised by MTO,  but its a valid point,  we are fairly cheap labour by the Forestry and Parks standards if they have clean something up.

A couple of my claims (CMMC you know them..lol) are full of campers all Summer and the mess makes it unbearable.

Offline Youtuber Dan

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Peachlaqnd, B.C.
  • Kudos: 37
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2019, 07:04:30 PM »
I'm almost afraid to clean this up myself.  If they were druggies I don't want to accidently get stabbed by a needle to touch something that could potentially kill me because of the chemical residue from cooking drugs.  I still don't know what I'm doing about this.

Dan

Offline mcbain

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: hope bc
  • Kudos: 122
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2019, 08:00:11 PM »
Hi guys.I find it awfull funny on how MTO is looking at this.Or all the provincial mins for that matter.If mto was to give a claim owner a credit (thats all it would be) for cleaning up garbage at your own expense,it would solve some problems that none of them want to deal with and would cover claims only.That is about 1% of the garbage.When I was contracting to the various ministries I collected evidence.Ex. Licence plates and registration from abandoned or burnt vehicles.Bags of garbage full of personal mail,Pictures of construction companies,employees trucks and plates all dumping stuff like gyprock and asbestos into gulleys and creeks.I was told not to bother as none of the evidence was permissible in court.If that do not blow your socks off.If a logging contractor looses 1 oil bucket he is fined 50,000.00.! lunch bag left in the woods can go a easy 25,000.get got having a bowel movement on your claim,easy 10,000 and the list goes on.They only go after the working stiff and do the best they can to destroy him.Here is a good example of what happens.I was working on Church mtn years back.I came onto a camperised van upside down in a creek.All the oils were puking into the creek.I got the plates and registration.the forestry wanted nothing to do with it.enviro wanted nothing to do with it,So I went to the RCMP thinking it was most likely stolen.I told the cops I was also passing on the info to ICBC.Did not take a hour for them to call me and tell me to back off.But I had already contacted ICBC.Turned out the vanwas not stolen and belonged to a local goverment official.That was 30 years ago and that van is still there.Talk about corruption.That is not the point.The point is the courts today find theft under 100,000 a misdemeaner. Murder is a total waste of time unless it is a cop. and nobody give a damn about pollution and garbage.It will get tossed out of court.Luck Mcbain.
I started out with nothing Istill have most of it.

Offline graeme1955

• Province/State: chilliwack bc
  • Kudos: 6
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2019, 10:17:35 AM »
Yep, pretty soon we are all going to see big yellow gates every where a person would like to go. thats the mentality that will be used to try and stop this kind of thing, and who does it affect ? the honest guy who would just like to explore orcamp in a spot in an out of the way place. We will all be forced to use a sanitary government campsite at x amount per day. 

Offline suburbanator

• Adventurer
  • Province/State: BC
  • Kudos: 11
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2019, 01:23:32 PM »
I'm almost afraid to clean this up myself. 

Dan

Understandable,  your mess is a bit more of a homeless type,  the mess at my claims has tended to be camping chairs,  mattresses,  tents,  bbq's and the such....

Gear Pan