collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

garnetsootheranFisserDhodgins

Dot Guests: 158 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 12963
  • stats Total Posts: 129991
  • stats Total Topics: 18181
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Gear Pan
The lil Gold Spinner
BC GOLD
The lil Gold Spinner
The Pocket Sluice

Author Topic: New Members  (Read 458 times)

Offline mcbain

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: hope bc
  • Kudos: 130
New Members
« on: February 09, 2019, 08:54:56 PM »
Hi.Guys if tou are new and want to sign up.Simply read the rules in the new user section.   Make 2posts to become a member.Over the past 90 days I have seen 90 new signups.Not one even made one post. <~ShOcK~> <~ShOcK~>.Until they make a post they do not excist.Just saying.Luck,Mcbain.
I started out with nothing Istill have most of it.

Online placermaster

• Province/State: British Columbia
  • Kudos: 6
Re: New Members
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2019, 09:56:11 AM »
They're just lurkers Mark - a lot of people are shy about posting online...lets face it members on forums can be pretty opinionated and cruel to new folks.  Read back on posts by a few banned members.

Offline JOE S (INDY)

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Trapper Creek, Alaska with Winters in Idaho
  • Kudos: 71
  • Wiser Mining Through Endless Personal Mistakes
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2019, 02:00:13 PM »
Placermaster,

New members come here from every corner of the world, and with all levels of mining experience.   <-shock_>    What Mark probably didn't know about those 90 members who did, successfully sign up is that 10 or 15 others also signed up, lied on their application and in having done that were quickly found out and decisively shown the door.  That is the first hurtle here - being truthful.  The second hurtle is the requirement to play well with, and respect, the other members here.   <-yes_>

We have a good group of active members here - as well as a very large and very quiet group of folks who merely want to read on the internet about mining.  Call them trolls or just interested or something else but they are all welcome to join in the conversations (although I, too, wish they would contribute to the discussions).  Even simple, no experience questions have a place here - because each and every one of us had to start out somewhere.  None of us was born knowing 'it' and so we all learn as we go along. 

So, for those who only read - isn't there something that you would like explained?  Our forum does not tolerate members getting belligerent with one another (they also, reluctantly, are removed from the forum) - so give it a go!  If your English isn't so strong then just give it a try and we'll help you get over the awkwardness.  Do you have any experiences with mining and have a question about them - then just make a post and ask.  This forum is NOT a place for just experienced miners to chat between themselves but rather it's a place to ask questions and  freely share information on old or new topics. 

If there is something you wish to ask in confidence then just click on a link with my "Screen Name"   {{which would be JOE S (INDY)}}    and send me a PM or Private Message.  Sort of a forum email.  Don't be shy - get your feet wet!  Make two posts and you can PM any other member as well.   <-yahoo_>  We all start just making a post or two and asking something we are curious about.

Joe S
Wiser Mining Through Endless Personal Mistakes

Offline sunshine

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Ontario, but also prospect in BC
  • Kudos: 35
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2019, 03:34:02 PM »
here! here!
There are some very nice people on this forum and many have deep knowledge that they are happy to share.  It is recognized that everybody starts somewhere and we learn from each other.  Don't be shy.  Jump in and add to the conversation. 
See my YouTube channel for fun amateur video:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnz8kX6AZOeZbRt0F9XqVJA

Gear Pan
Gold Rat