collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

koldunbruno

Dot Guests: 261 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 12916
  • stats Total Posts: 129527
  • stats Total Topics: 18109
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Gear Pan
The lil Gold Spinner
BC GOLD
The lil Gold Spinner
The Pocket Sluice

Author Topic: What Im calling Johnnyville  (Read 732 times)

Offline mentalcoincoin

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: B.C.
  • Kudos: 19
  • Tip Of The $pear
What Im calling Johnnyville
« on: November 12, 2018, 05:00:22 PM »
My prospecting partner of approx 6yrs and childhood friend of 45yrs past away this year. His own stubbornness killed him.Not going to the doctor or having one proved fatal! Anyway he ways always talking of a find that he found aways out from his cabin which is  aways out .I never got to see this find untill yesterday,because of its location. Anyway I was wowed by the size a good 200" in length.appox 30" wide,all heavly altered rock full of  huge amounts of super bright sulphides.pyrite /chalco and I'm hoping some nice surprises. Only an few assays will tell us for sure.  It was a fine day ,he appears to have found a pretty nice find,that I'm calling Johnnyville.

Offline mentalcoincoin

• PPT Invited
  • Tip Of The $pear
Re: What Im calling Johnnyville
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2018, 05:04:33 PM »
Here be a couple pics  DSCF0280.JPGDSCF0285.JPG

Offline snowman18

• Province/State: BC
  • Kudos: 5
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2018, 05:49:47 PM »
Hey that looks just like  my camping spot at Harrison Lake.

Offline snowman18

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2018, 07:41:33 PM »
If you do Harrison just beyond the Bear Creek logging camp there is a mine shaft, goes in a couple of hundred feet before it ends.

Could have run out of pay or maybe shut down for any other number of reasons. I've been in the mine but never sampled it. Always a bit of water trickling onto the floor so you need boots.

Offline mcbain

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: hope bc
  • Kudos: 123
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2018, 10:23:49 PM »
Hi.Guys.There are several old mines on the East side of Harrison.All had gold showings.One of the richest was very close to town.Just above the old tug boat docs.Hell I think they built homes over top of it.One of the most interesting was on the west side.This is where Gord Muccas machine operators were finding gold in the mud they were cleaning out of there tracks.Out towards Doctors point.The rock looked like the above pics and every now and then somebody still goes in to the claim and works it.This was open cut not a shaft.Luck Mcbain.
I started out with nothing Istill have most of it.

Offline mentalcoincoin

• PPT Invited
  • Tip Of The $pear
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2018, 10:51:47 AM »
Thanx mcbain! Every bit of this rock has been altered,its all heavily ladened with different pyrites.Lots of massive pyrite.  The heavy iron oxide staining makes some of the pyrite hard to distinguish the cool gold colors as chalco or stain or maybe even some real gold. lol!!!@* Going to run a couple assays  b4  moving forward? <_miner_> <-good_>

Offline snowman18

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2018, 12:35:20 PM »
Thanx mcbain! Every bit of this rock has been altered,its all heavily ladened with different pyrites.Lots of massive pyrite.  The heavy iron oxide staining makes some of the pyrite hard to distinguish the cool gold colors as chalco or stain or maybe even some real gold. lol!!!@* Going to run a couple assays  b4  moving forward? <_miner_> <-good_>

Lots of rusty color shale up the Harrison we used to get $200.00 a ton from a buyer in Surrey BC who is know in Langley. In the day an installer would get $5.00 to $8.00 a square, the trick is to start from the top of the wall and work down.

This way you spend less time cleaning mud off the face of the stonework.

We called it Mountain Brown. and we often came out with a 3 ton flat deck loaded to the nines.

Cant't do that today.

Offline heavymetal

• Province/State: mid vancouver island
  • Kudos: 2
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2018, 01:47:51 PM »
sorry to hear of your buddy passing away. Glad you continue his dream. I sure hope your assays come back with spalerite and galena . My experience on the island is when you find those you are into gold most of the time. Hoping luck comes your way

Offline Cowzero

• Province/State: SDFSDFSD
  • Kudos: 0
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2019, 01:38:50 AM »
I would like to express my regret. Have successfully

BC Gold