collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

Dot Guests: 142 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 12992
  • stats Total Posts: 130653
  • stats Total Topics: 18283
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Gear Pan
The lil Gold Spinner
BC GOLD
The lil Gold Spinner
The Pocket Sluice

Author Topic: Greywolf (Eric)  (Read 242 times)

Offline Hi Lo Silver

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Calgary
  • Kudos: 25
  • '84 CJ7 owned since '85
Greywolf (Eric)
« on: October 06, 2019, 09:18:28 AM »
Sadly I'm posting in memory of one of the most colorful, helpful, and most active members this forum has seen at the time.  He left here to start his own forum board and many members  from here were quick to sign up for that board.  You just have to do a greywolf search on here to find over 40 pages of threads his name comes up on because of his passion for prospecting.  He joined here in 2009 just a few months before me but his experience in the mining field was appreciated by so many people on here.   His highbankers are seen throughout the mining community and his videos have been enjoyed by many.  He was quick to help anyone with questions sometimes with a sharp tongue but always respected.  Don't know how many hours I've spent in various chats with him for many reason.  Only met him in person one time on an Alaska loop my wife and I took. At that time we met up with 3 of the members from here.  Ju907 and Joe whose is now moderator and both will know Eric fairly well thru the boards.

He passed away Friday night and will be missed by everyone that got to know him. When you looked beyond his abrasiveness you'd realize he was one good person and friend.

RIP Eric Brigden.
Wood Pecker by Trade but wouldn't trade my wood pecker.
Prospecting....I dig it.

Offline graeme1955

• Province/State: chilliwack bc
  • Kudos: 6
Re: Greywolf (Eric)
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2019, 11:28:54 AM »
        Wow , its a bit of a shock to hear of Erics passing, My condolences to all his family and friends. I only had met him once in person at the gold show in Quesnel a few years ago, his forum when he had it was a great source of information for me and thousands of other people on the web. He was straight forward and to the point, and called bs when he saw it! but he was as genuine a person as could be! May you be up at the Motherlode and having great time Eric, you will be missed. G

Offline mcbain

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: hope bc
  • Kudos: 134
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2019, 06:52:21 PM »
Hi.Silver I never met Eric/Grey wolf .But what I know of him he deserves better.Luck Mcbain.
I started out with nothing Istill have most of it.

Offline juu907

• PPT Invited
  • Kudos: 16
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2019, 09:39:52 AM »
thanks for the heads up Gunther.  you told it like it was. a rough and tough ole cahoot but fair and truthful.  i spent a lot of time on the land line with Eric and always enjoyed  our mini battles and good times. never met him in person but felt like i knew him  since the damning of time. he was a great and  passionate ole koot.  i have tee shirts, a jacket and a couple of his hats  from his forum.   REST IN PEACE OLE BUDDY.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Bout time for you and Brenda to make another trip this way HiLo.  and Joe if you can tear yourself away fron all of those tourists in talkeetna and  show back in cache creek might just see you.  Ken stopped in last week and they are shut down and outta there. j Joan and i are headed up there today to check out a claim. unless the snow gives us too big an argument. 

TAKE CARE  ALL KEEP SAFE   AND ONCE AGAIN ERIC YOU WILL BE GREATLY MISSED.  JERRY                                                       

Offline deadwood

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Wells BC
  • Kudos: 37
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2019, 02:31:10 PM »
RIP Eric.
To think of all the great forum members that have gone on to Golden Pastures.I do believe you were among the top.I'll never forget the rants about ole JJ  Bond .It brings a smile to my face even now.Maybe you and Larry can now see eye to eye. but i bet Larry's already got all the best ground tied up.I'll never forget the stories of taking care of your Mom.You were something Special for sure!You will not be forgotten.

Offline iPillage

• Kudos: 0
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2019, 09:54:05 AM »
Rip GreyWolf,my condolences to his family and friends, I definitely enjoyed the time we had talking on the phone and having good laughs and some interesting ideas  bouncing off of each other, you'll be greatly missed Eric GreyWolf.
V.S.