collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

pascalfortierJohnnydangerDhodgins

Dot Guests: 189 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 12963
  • stats Total Posts: 129993
  • stats Total Topics: 18182
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Gear Pan
The lil Gold Spinner
BC GOLD
The lil Gold Spinner
The Pocket Sluice

Author Topic: Hello from London Ontario  (Read 241 times)

Offline Thinkofsomethingkwik

• New user
  • Province/State: ON
  • Kudos: 0
Hello from London Ontario
« on: March 18, 2019, 06:44:33 AM »
Hi everyone,

I'm a new member from southern Ontario. 

My dad is the one who got me into prospecting, as a kid he had a gold brick he saved up years for. My grandmother hated that he had so much money invested in a brick of gold and made him sell it. It would be worth a small fortune in today's money.

My dad's always wanted to get into prospecting and has never got around to it as life unfolded around him.  As life holds lots of surprises and snags along the way, my father was diagnosed with end stage prostate/bone cancer last year.

My dad's an amazing man who loved all 4 of us kids very much and is the kindest and hardest working soul I've ever met.

So to make it short, I'm interested in taking my dad up prospecting somewhere in northern Ontario to prospect and make some memories that I can hold on to forever. 

Should anyone have any tips I'd be more than happy to hear them and I'd be more than happy to pay for some info on any public lands that we could pan on that would even produce one grain of gold (just enough to say we got it & go home happy)

All the best

Riley

Offline JOE S (INDY)

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Trapper Creek, Alaska with Winters in Idaho
  • Kudos: 71
  • Wiser Mining Through Endless Personal Mistakes
Re: Hello from London Ontario
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2019, 08:44:03 AM »
Good Morning Riley, and Welcome!   <-party->

As a suggestion, please make a second forum posting (the contents up to you) as this is a forum requirement for you to be "settled in" as a full member and therefore able to send and receive Personal Messages (PMs) here.  With that new capability you will quickly and easily be able to answer any response PMs (like emails on the forum) and begin to allow you to respond one on one about specific information you receive. 

Of course, a general posting to the world wide membership is always at your option and I urge you to follow up with not only your request but further achievements on both your and your father's mining experiences.

Best of fortune on this simple request for some help - lets see how it all shakes out.    [-1st-]

All the best to you and your father.

JOE S (INDY)
(Moderator)

Wiser Mining Through Endless Personal Mistakes

Offline sunshine

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Ontario, but also prospect in BC
  • Kudos: 35
Re: Hello from London Ontario
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2019, 10:44:13 AM »
Sorry to hear about your Dad. 
See my YouTube channel for fun amateur video: