collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

Dot Guests: 205 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 12828
  • stats Total Posts: 127915
  • stats Total Topics: 17906
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Gear Pan
The lil Gold Spinner
The lil Gold Spinner
The Pocket Sluice

Author Topic: tools i need  (Read 1009 times)

Offline White Dog

• PPT Invited
  • Kudos: 5
  • Audentes Fortuna Juvat
Re: tools i need
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2019, 04:45:29 PM »
Rule number one in placer mining......Be very suspicious of anything someone tells you

Offline puffnstuff65

• Province/State: ontario
  • Kudos: 0
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2019, 04:51:41 PM »
Maybe I did didnt pay 2000 though only gave 600 to hold it neighbors paid 5000  my balance is due when I get there
claim has been change transferred to me though  But hey if its a lost and the guy is a thief and will lie about his own son dying from cancer well then hell is a very hot place to be, especially if your holding on melted gold for the rest of time burns
lol

Offline Hardpan82

• Province/State: BC
  • Kudos: 3
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2019, 05:15:13 PM »
I hope it works out for you. Who knows maybe you will really like the claim and it will suit you just fine for what you are looking for.  In consideration 2k is a low price and you usually get what you pay for,  that being said there's lots of claims posted on kijiji right now from 5k - 10k that I wouldnt pay staking costs for. ( Seller from Ontario).  Buyer beware. Hope it works out for you.

Maybe I did didnt pay 2000 though only gave 600 to hold it neighbors paid 5000  my balance is due when I get there
claim has been change transferred to me though  But hey if its a lost and the guy is a thief and will lie about his own son dying from cancer well then hell is a very hot place to be, especially if your holding on melted gold for the rest of time burns
lol

Offline jobinyt

• PPT Invited
  • Kudos: 19
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2019, 05:55:48 PM »
I have no knowledge of your claim or the claim seller, but you may have unanticipated issues: i do know a bit about YT.

1) it is likely you can't ever legally build a cabin on the claim - a tent would be ok.

2) It is likely you don't have a water permit without which you can't do much more than drink the water as it runs by.

3) You want to run that highbanker you'll need to build an APPROVED/INSPECTED settling pond to discharge into .

4) All the necessary paperwork and inspections and such ... they're not usually one trip to town and done activities.

5) Take a lot of money, things cost more in YT than in the Ontario.

6) Weather and stream conditions vary year-to-year;  possibly not friendly to your May schedule.

7) Only 8' to bedrock. that's a lot of overburden to move by hand, or you're going to get some local fellow, during his short work season to dig a trench for you... and then you're going to move the paydirt more than 8' up to the highbanker. And most of the placer miners I've seen  don't just get down to bed rock - they tear out the top foot and more, and I suspect your hand tools and highbanker will be bit strained to run that material.

8) You should read the hunting laws, and a lot about bears, before you go. You might decide your rifle has less utility than you now expect.

Lastly, it's an amusing bit of doggerel,  but if you think a Yukoner is afraid of the fires in hell, you might read The Cremation of Sam McGee by Robert Service.

You can find all the regs - lots of them - and a hundred other sources of good info: the surficial geologist, the Bostoc library, Mine recorders office, etc on the yukon government web site - there's a miner's association too with information.

Good luck.

Offline garth64

• Kudos: 7
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2019, 06:53:37 PM »
Yukon river  broke up may 08  last year your time line might be ok.

Offline mcbain

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: hope bc
  • Kudos: 119
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2019, 07:11:28 PM »
Hi.It is called Buyer beware.Know what you are getting before you get it.There is a carpet bagger under every rock espeacially on the net.You will never get threw 8 feet of perma frost in may.Just saying.On the other hand you may do o.k. in the creek if you are allowed to.Expect to pay 10x over for any thing in the Yukon.I have been there several times.If I was going back I would have a semi trailer loaded to the nines.Good luck on your venture,Mcbain.
I started out with nothing Istill have most of it.

Offline JOE S (INDY)

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Trapper Creek, Alaska with Winters in Idaho
  • Kudos: 65
  • Wiser Mining Through Endless Personal Mistakes
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2019, 12:02:08 AM »
'65,

There seems to be a boatload of well intentioned, experienced and helpful advice here. 

My simple little comment is to not let the light blind you here in this endeavor.  Well controlled enthusiasm is a seriously sought out trait that we all strive for, but, on the other hand, untempered racing toward a partially seen goal is usually followed by serious (you might say devastating)  disappointment.

Others here have also seen, over the years, many folks running straight towards something but not looking where their feet were taking them.

Best of luck.

Joe
Wiser Mining Through Endless Personal Mistakes

Offline suburbanator

• Adventurer
  • Province/State: BC
  • Kudos: 10
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2019, 06:19:28 PM »

Lastly, it's an amusing bit of doggerel,  but if you think a Yukoner is afraid of the fires in hell, you might read The Cremation of Sam McGee by Robert Service.

Good luck.

Now that brings back some memories,  had to memorize and recite that in Grade 7 way back...

Offline mcbain

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: hope bc
  • Kudos: 119
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2019, 06:24:15 PM »
Hi.Sub.I keep a copy on my desk.It is a great read and always reminds me of where I do not want to be ;DLuck Mcbain.
I started out with nothing Istill have most of it.

Offline PascalGold

• Kudos: 17
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2019, 07:35:09 AM »
How to make 100 000$ with 10 000$

Oh no wait I meant How to loose 100 000$ to make 1000$
You have almost no knowledge of mining, you are heading to sulphur creek, which has either frozen muck, has been dredged, hydraulicked, push box sluiced cat skinned  in the 50s, scrapped in the 80s, I sluiced actually next to friday gulch, sulphur in 2013. You are heading to go hungry, I've seen so many wanna get rich bought a claim online coming with a tiny excavator and a high banker.

If you want to learn go overthere with a camping trailer and work for someone, otherwise you are heading for starvation.

Gear Pan
Gold Rat