collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

Dot Guests: 102 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 12878
  • stats Total Posts: 128692
  • stats Total Topics: 18021
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Gear Pan
The lil Gold Spinner
The lil Gold Spinner
The Pocket Sluice

Author Topic: tools i need  (Read 1374 times)

Offline puffnstuff65

• Province/State: ontario
  • Kudos: 1
tools i need
« on: January 10, 2019, 09:17:59 PM »
Hello guys
I would like ask you i want to get a high banker and a Gold Panning Machine the high banker has a pump and all its a kit
the panning machine is desert fox . plus my had pans and buckets is there anything else i need ? i think that should be it besides the small tools like pick shovel my metal detector. is there something I'm missing trip is in the Yukon in May   ::)

Offline Hardpan82

• Province/State: BC
  • Kudos: 3
Re: tools i need
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2019, 10:40:30 PM »
Extra shovels, pick, prybars, come alongs, axe, first aid kit, firearm. Might be good to do a couple weekend get away trips with all your things packed and see what you might need before heading all the way up to the Yukon. Most of important thing of all is do your research. You may end up travelling a long way and spend a lot of money to go try to dig through a bunch of overburden only to find out pay is deeper then you can dig by hand. Not trying to discourage you but if you are just starting out and are planning on handmining you might want to look into other areas that may be better suited for what you are hoping to do.

Offline puffnstuff65

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2019, 05:20:14 AM »
Ill be panning in the creek first sulfur creek  I was thinking on fedex all my stuff to a locker in Dawson
I'm going to fly down then buy a use 4x4 pickup the road access is good right to claim 34 km from claim to dawson yea so if need be ill rent room 1 a week to shower and all i got my rifle
and when coming back ill store it all in locker till i return.

Offline Hardpan82

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2019, 08:43:51 AM »
With a couple minutes of research I found this about Sulphur creek.  Screenshot_20190111-083307.jpg. The reports say .9m to 18m of overburden. From the diagram looks like you are gonna be digging around 20 feet of overburden. Not gonna happen by hand. You will most likely get discouraged before you find pay. Remember you dig a shaft or a pit and hit a big rock your hole is done. You wont get it out by hand. I'm only giving you this information as I would hate to see spend all this money and time to have a bad experience. Why not look into mining the Fraser river in B.C? For someone just starting out it really doesn't get any better. Pay starts on the surface and you can, in spots, make a small paying wage from day one without digging through a bunch of overburden.

Offline puffnstuff65

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2019, 03:04:30 PM »
Hello thanks for the info
The claim has been studied and the creek has panning gold in it. I paid for the claim so I have to see for myself also if the ground has gold I wanted to use a excavator. I may even pay someone to dig  a trench and see whats there.
If the ground is good then I can just mine the hell out of it and after that well will see then. I always make stupid mistake and learn on the way some times it cost me lots of money but live and learn I guess.
I just want to have my own thing going not looking to make millions just  have an experience is all never know it mite be a good claim. The owner of the claim dug down 6 to 8 feet and exposed the bed rock I dont know if this is true or not but this guy is well none there and I dont think he wants to scrap his name for a shity piece of ground.
Maybe you heard of him his name is bill or yukon bill
Also if anyone want to come see i'm open to that the neighbors  are also from Quebec they will be mining up there as well they sold everything to do this I will still have a house and stuff when i come back so its just a trip for now I can always sell the claim to them or others that want to buy.

Offline ykplacer

• Kudos: 21
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2019, 03:55:30 PM »
Hello thanks for the info
The claim has been studied and the creek has panning gold in it. I paid for the claim so I have to see for myself also if the ground has gold I wanted to use a excavator. I may even pay someone to dig  a trench and see whats there.
If the ground is good then I can just mine the hell out of it and after that well will see then. I always make stupid mistake and learn on the way some times it cost me lots of money but live and learn I guess.
I just want to have my own thing going not looking to make millions just  have an experience is all never know it mite be a good claim. The owner of the claim dug down 6 to 8 feet and exposed the bed rock I dont know if this is true or not but this guy is well none there and I dont think he wants to scrap his name for a shity piece of ground.
Maybe you heard of him his name is bill or yukon bill
Also if anyone want to come see i'm open to that the neighbors  are also from Quebec they will be mining up there as well they sold everything to do this I will still have a house and stuff when i come back so its just a trip for now I can always sell the claim to them or others that want to buy.

You bought this claim right ?...Any other members here at GPEX after
reading the sellers ad  have any comments?

Ad from Kijiji

GOLD CLAIM 4 SALE DAWSON CITY YUKON, GET A SUPER CHRISTMAS DEAL!

GOLD CLAIM FOR SALE.... SULPHUR CREEK, 34 KM OUT OF DAWSON CITY GOOD RD ACCESS RIGHT TO CLAIM. GOOD GOLD TESTS, CHEAPEST GOLD CLAIM U WILL EVER BUY. SELLING FOR SERIOUS HEALTH PROBLEMS, OWN A HOLIDAY PROPERTY FOR LIFE. BEST HUNTING & FISHING IN CANADA! OWN IT FOR LIFE GUARANTEED GOLD.... NO PROPERTY TAXES EVER, U BUY IT U OWN IT! THE CLAIMS BESIDE IT HAVE SOLD FOR $5000 EACH MINIMUM. DON'T MISS THE LAST ONE FOR SALE. YOU CAN USE ALL THE FIRE-WOOD OR LOGS TO BUILD A CABIN OR WHATEVER YOUR HEART DESIRES. WHO KNOWS MAYBE YOU'LL STRIKE IT RICH :).... SACRIFICE ONCE IN A LIFETIME PRICE *ONLY* $2,000 PHONE BILL AT 587-594-9226 E-MAIL: [email protected] SO DONT WAIT U WILL BE TOO LATE!

Offline puffnstuff65

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2019, 04:12:15 PM »
yep thats the guy is e honest who knows is it good i dont know what to expect ?
lets see if anyone else answers that post i feel embarrassed  now  <-unsure_>

Offline garth64

• Kudos: 7
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2019, 04:32:05 PM »
When I may are you going, you don't want to get there too early unless you can afford it.

Offline puffnstuff65

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2019, 04:36:03 PM »
I wanted to go there in mid may like victoria day falls on a monday leave first week of august 1

Offline Hardpan82

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2019, 04:41:59 PM »
You might have just learned your first real lesson in mining.  Only cost you $2000 to learn it. Never ever buy a claim without going to the claim in person and testing it yourself. Never buy a claim in winter. And never believe a word anyone says that is trying to sell you a claim. ...oh yeah and never buy a claim when the ad starts with Super Christmas Deal.

yep thats the guy is e honest who knows is it good i dont know what to expect ?
lets see if anyone else answers that post i feel embarrassed  now  <-unsure_>

Gear Pan
Gold Rat