* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online


Dot Guests: 212 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

  • stats Total Members: 12981
  • stats Total Posts: 130387
  • stats Total Topics: 18244
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Gear Pan
The lil Gold Spinner
The lil Gold Spinner
The Pocket Sluice

Author Topic: tools i need  (Read 2246 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline puffnstuff65

  • Jr. Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 46
  • Province/State: ontario
  • Country: ca
  • Kudos: 1
Re: tools i need
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2019, 09:30:34 PM »
ykplacer yep its right there  I thank you man I see the efforts from you appreciated man  you showed me point blank 2 with credit 2020 the rest no credit 2019 yea so other with no credits finishing 2019 with all the permits and water permits and permits for adding  in a road and inspection no way you will have this done before expiry date. I dont even think you can start to dig without the inspection you need that first and that can take 6 month oh well its a 600 $ lost 
I mean why pay the balance thats the scam. yea

Offline ykplacer

  • Full Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 210
  • Kudos: 25
Re: tools i need
« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2019, 10:19:46 PM »
Puff...If you learn how to stake your own claims in the isn't $2000 a claim anymore....

To record a mineral claim:
•    Complete and submit a placer mining grant 
    application form to the relevant mining   
    recorder’s office.

•    Submit the fee of $10.00 per claim to the 
    relevant mining recorder’s office.

As far as work "credits" ,  i would not get too worried about that at all...because

During this one year period, the claim holder
is required to do $200.00 worth of representation
work on the claim
. Representation work can also
be referred to as assessment work
. Representation
work must be completed by the anniversary
date of the claim. For example, if the claim was
recorded on June 1, 2015 the anniversary date will
be June 1, 2016.

So for example if you  headed to your claim with a long as you dig down  2 feet  deep get $20 to $40 dollar "work credit" for every yard  of material you shovel....or if you dug a shaft down into the ground ...3ft x3 ft at the surface and down 6 feet deep..they will give ya a work credit for $200 it is that easy...

If you follow thru buying your claim from Bill, you will need to file for a class 1 notification before ya start working on the claim ...That is easy to do BUT it takes 25+ days for the do it before you go ...

As far as "water use"  ..YOU CAN USE  up to 300  m3  a day. WITHOUT   a permit that is possible.....but you gotta file paper work , that takes a 10 day wait ...So again , do that before you show up....IF you ever wanted to go REAL BIG(big loaders excavators dozers  big wash plant etc)  , yeah then  you gotta get a water license then ,that 's a long wait , and if you pay someone to file the paper work for you etc...cost ya $4-$5 thousand dollars...

Can I use water or deposit a waste without a licence?

A person may use water or deposit waste without a licence if the proposed use or deposit of waste:

    has no potential for significant adverse environmental effects;
    would not interfere with existing rights of other water users or waste depositors;

    uses less than 300 m3/day for Placer and Quartz mining and less than 100 m3/day for Industrial work; and
    satisfies the criteria set out outlined in Section 4 of the Waters Regulation.
Anyone who wants to use water or deposit waste without a licence must fill out a Schedule 3 form and provide a map, at least ten days before starting work.

Offline garth64

  • Full Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 211
  • Kudos: 7
Re: tools i need
« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2019, 07:48:55 PM »
thanks Yukon placer for your responses , lots of food for thought and good info on your part.

Offline puffnstuff65

  • Jr. Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 46
  • Province/State: ontario
  • Country: ca
  • Kudos: 1
Re: tools i need
« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2019, 09:45:17 PM »
yep found out about it yesterday I should of went that way  ykplacer .

Offline GollyMrScience

  • PPT Invited
  • *****
  • Posts: 2951
  • Province/State: Near Edmonton Alberta
  • Kudos: 160
Re: tools i need
« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2019, 03:26:30 PM »
The Yukon is a place you grow into. It can take years to get comfortable and confident that you have a handle on the rules and the ground and the people. Same for pretty well every gold camp but because it is not close to home the distance adds to the cost and time it can take. As others have suggested claim or no claim if the Yukon is on your to do list by all means get up there and enjoy it. It is an amazing place.
Before I would pay that sort of money for a claim that needs work credit I would consider making an offer to carry out prospecting work on the claim to both satisfy the work requirement and your due diligence. If you decide to walk away the owner gets to use your work to cover credit and if you decide to hold onto it then your work goes to the credit on the claim and you pay the fee the owner wants. That way you can both benefit without feeling like you could be buying a pig in a poke. If the owner is unwilling to swing something  to give you a chance to check things out then there is no advantage to you in that deal. You need transparency and candid engagement from a claim holder or you are risking too much.
This claim or another you buy or stake doesn't have to be THE claim, in truth few claims ever work out to be THE claim - more a place to plant your flag in the Yukon, pitch a tent and start growing into it. If nothing else it is a life adventure few people can say they have had and that in itself is pretty special.
What the heck - lets just keep mixin' stuff together till it blows up or smells REALLY bad!


Gear Pan
Gold Rat