collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

mcbainPrinceGeorgeGoldGuy

Dot Guests: 157 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 12939
  • stats Total Posts: 129765
  • stats Total Topics: 18148
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Gear Pan
The lil Gold Spinner
BC GOLD
The lil Gold Spinner
The Pocket Sluice

Author Topic: Garrett ATX Deepseeker bundle advice needed please  (Read 364 times)

Offline Davidloc

• Province/State: Ontario
  • Kudos: 5
Garrett ATX Deepseeker bundle advice needed please
« on: January 06, 2019, 12:52:03 PM »
Hi ,

I currently have a T2 classic with a Detech UItimate 13 coil and the stock coil with a pair of Nugget Busters NDT phones. I am looking to add a higher end machine to my kit.

I have been gravitating towards this package because it seems to have the most bang for the buck and is still sub 4000$ with taxes in. I will be using it to prospect in northern Ontario (Timmins , Kirkland and that area) and the soil is heavily mineralized so auto tracking is not something that I need or want.

Does anyone have any comments on this or a better solution for around the same price ? The kit comes with the stock DD coil and a 20" mono coil. Any other coils that would add a lot more usage for this MD ? How does it work in shallow fresh water with moderate mineralisation ? Do my NDT headphones work with the ATX if I get the adapter cable or will it take a specific set like a Gray Ghost ? 

Any help would be appreciated.

Offline Davidloc

Re: Garrett ATX Deepseeker bundle advice needed please
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2019, 04:16:49 PM »
I decided to go with the Garrett ATX Deepseeker bundle with the 20" Deepseeker coil and the 11X13 mono coil with the adapter cable for 1/4 headphone jack. Total was $3783.24 CAD taxes and shipping in and I will most definitely being doing a review of the rig once I familiarize myself with PI detecting and this unit in particular.

Offline Davidloc

Re: Garrett ATX Deepseeker bundle advice needed please
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2019, 06:28:47 PM »
An additional 58$ CAD added to the total , Garrett added the spanner tool to the order (DON'T buy from unauthorized sources unless you have the detector in hand and verify the serial number with Garrett) . I asked for additional photos from an E#$% seller and she complied. The serial number was in one of the 8 pictures and Garrett confirmed that it wasn't not only not in their database but was 2 numbers too long.  It's an investment so make sure that it's worth investing in.