collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

Woodspirit

Dot Guests: 124 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 12977
  • stats Total Posts: 130236
  • stats Total Topics: 18221
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Gear Pan
The lil Gold Spinner
BC GOLD
The lil Gold Spinner
The Pocket Sluice

Author Topic: Lurker finally registers  (Read 784 times)

Offline Hephaestus

• Province/State: Alberta
  • Kudos: 0
Lurker finally registers
« on: July 14, 2018, 11:44:41 AM »
Hi all,

Well after watching 2 friends wild prospecting adventures. Trolling/lurking this forum for 2-3 years now trying to digest / learn and not drive you guys crazy with "where's the damn gold" type questions...

Finally decided I have a question worthy of asking here.

I'm in southern Alberta, I've finally found a nice spot to work where I can consistently pull color in every pan - all very fine flour gold (and we have a nice collection of small crystals too). A solid day of panning out to a good concentrate to finish at home, I can extract around a gram a day.

Of course, it's a pain to get to, all the damn hippies floating by on tubes/rafts/etc littering my banks with alcohol containers - are nice enough to call the Redcoated Camel Mounters. I have to call them now and let them know I'm out - as they get calls / complaints every time I'm out. Apparently taking half the detachment away for half a shift to hike in/out of my honey hole is not considered reasonable. "Yes officer here's my permit, here's a copy of the regulations, yes I'm very legal, you come visit me every time I come here. It's under an hour on a bike - you should get a good mountain bike. Shouldn't you be chasing the guys who keep stealing my neighbours f350, instead of asking me if I'm legally allowed to pan for gold on an Alberta river? This has to be the dozenth visit - do you really need to come out and see me each time with a pan in hand to verify its me?"

Sorry /rant...

Trying to come up with a method to extract the flour, that I can bring in by bike - that doesn't look like a traditional highbanker (as let's face it, I'm clearly catching enough grief as is, just with basic pans) where I can process more material faster within Alberta regulations (laid off for the rest of the summer, EI sucks, I can think of worse ways to spend a summer vacation!)

Offline Craig1

• Province/State: BC
  • Kudos: 3
Re: Lurker finally registers
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2018, 01:55:02 PM »
Hey there I've done alot of recent research and to my knowledge the best way of capturing small gold is the gold cube. The gold cube can also have a trommel on top and a nugget catcher at the end.  Research it for yourself and see!! 
Gold cube trommel
3 stack
And nugget zone nugget catcher

Offline mcbain

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: hope bc
  • Kudos: 132
Re: Lurker finally registers
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2018, 08:03:34 PM »
Hi.Check out the add at the bottom of this screen.It is expensive but might be what you need.Luck Mcbain.
I started out with nothing Istill have most of it.