collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

Dot Guests: 146 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 12757
  • stats Total Posts: 126564
  • stats Total Topics: 17656
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Gear Pan
The lil Gold Spinner
The lil Gold Spinner

Author Topic: Could this be gold bearing formation?(photos)  (Read 912 times)

Offline mcbain

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: hope bc
  • Kudos: 112
Re: Could this be gold bearing formation?(photos)
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2018, 07:31:53 PM »
In BC.the price of everyting just went up 40% to everyworking  tax payor.The restget a free ride.surprising how many voters show up when they are promised a free ride.Oh well just something we have to live with before they cut thier own throats again.Just saying,Luck,Mcbain.
I started out with nothing Istill have most of it.

Offline tonofsteel

• Province/State: SK
  • Kudos: 7
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2018, 11:14:49 AM »
I wouldn't be doing many assays at $600 a piece, that much I do know.  I only checked on the 3 element one so now I am curious as what the pricing would be for full element at the lab I went to....

What has changed with the XRF analyzers?  The last I heard is that they could be useful kit for some applications but not the best thing to rely on.  The calibration and targeted industry for the analyzer could lead to errors in the results, maybe the new ones for mining are better in this aspect?  Don't they just look at and analyze what it can see, which is a small window into the sample?  So in this small window it could look like 1000ppm gold but actually the sample contains 1ppm overall?  Or it could show that nothing is there but if you crush and pan the rock there is gold there as the windows it was pointed at had nothing to see.

Maybe I am missing something here but I would sooner buy a Falcon MD-20, or crush and pan, or assay before I would go down the XRF road, but that's just me.

Offline moonshot5

• Province/State: Ontario
  • Kudos: 0
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2018, 10:18:41 PM »
The photo in the link is from a grass roots project in Red Lake. It looks a bit more compelling than what you have.

http://frontlinegold.com/i/photos/RedLake/RL_Sulphide-rich_QuartzVein.jpg

You must be in an interesting area. I'd keep looking around.

If you do decide to get assays some at some point, don't rule out base metals either.

Gear Pan
Gold Rat