collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

Dot Guests: 103 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 12735
  • stats Total Posts: 126261
  • stats Total Topics: 17611
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Gear Pan

Author Topic: Dry washing / blowing  (Read 1410 times)

Offline ben2363

• Province/State: vic
  • Kudos: 0
Dry washing / blowing
« on: June 05, 2018, 04:15:37 PM »
has anyone try drywashing damp or moist ground. the ground i have found is damper then im used to.

Offline caribooguy

• Province/State: Caribou, BC
  • Kudos: 1
Re: Dry washing / blowing
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2018, 05:43:43 PM »
We do dry washing in Arizona with a puffer, some guys  use a blower. It does not work when the ground is damp. It must be very dry. A few times we ran it through three  times to dry the gravel/sand out but it's a slow process. Dry washing is not as good as using a good sluice but there's not much water in the desert.  Good luck.

Offline diamond jim

• PPT Invited
  • Kudos: 9
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2018, 06:43:14 AM »
I have developed a new type of gold recovery unit. It works either wet, or dry, and even works on damp material, providing it's mostly sand or gravel. I ran it at an LDMA/GPAA outing a couple of weeks ago. For the dry test, I mistakenly tried material that was tailings from other outings, and damp. I still recovered a lot of black sand and some flour gold. You can see the unit running wet at Bonanza Bar on the Snake River here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=no5R5hs1SgM
 Or, running dry here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yy-TxzQKOv8
These videos are of the prototype, which were built from  a cut off 55 gallon drum. The units now being produced are made from LDPE pipe, stainless steel, and aluminum. The recovery on these is almost 100% on flour gold. On the wet test at the outing, we re-ran the tails and found zero black sand or gold. The unit is powered by a 12v gearmotor, and in wet mode requires very little water.
P5130003.JPG

Jim

Offline diamond jim

• PPT Invited
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2018, 06:48:17 AM »
Here's another pic of the unit. All-up weight is 19 lbs.  U.S. Patent Pending
P5130001.JPG
Jim

Offline mike(swWash)

• PPT Invited
  • Kudos: 4
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2018, 02:29:59 PM »
Sorry jim, the videos won't play for me

Offline diamond jim

• PPT Invited
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2018, 07:11:07 PM »
Sorry jim, the videos won't play for me
Aaah, heck...I had the links messed up, Mike. Try it again. This is an entirely new concept in gold recovery. I applied for the full utility patent in January. That process usually takes a couple of years. I'm hoping to get over to your area in August. I want to try the machine at the beach.
Jim

Offline mcbain

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: hope bc
  • Kudos: 109
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2018, 07:25:31 PM »
Hi.Jim.Nice build.Luck ,Mcbain.
I started out with nothing Istill have most of it.

Offline mike(swWash)

• PPT Invited
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2018, 01:19:53 PM »
 {cool^sign}
I think the beach will be the hardest test possible.  Using water to keep it liquefied and a very slow feed rate might be the key. That stuff is extremely slow to separate since it's all heavy black sand and tiny gold where I'm at. 
Good luck and keep us posted.

Offline diamond jim

• PPT Invited
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2018, 03:14:45 PM »
{cool^sign}
I think the beach will be the hardest test possible.  Using water to keep it liquefied and a very slow feed rate might be the key. That stuff is extremely slow to separate since it's all heavy black sand and tiny gold where I'm at. 
Good luck and keep us posted.

I think it'll handle beach sand just fine, Mike. it does very well on the sub 200 here on the Snake. far better than any other machine I've tried. Generally, the beach gold is somewhat coarser than the flour in the Snake, so easier to recover. Certainly the black sand will pose some headaches, but we have it on the Snake, too, and the unit still holds onto the gold. This unit is the nuts...wet or dry in one unit, and does very well on flour, with low water requirement when running wet, and all for less than $600 + shipping...what's not to like?....LOL
 While I have you here...what's the name of the famous beach in southern Washington that has lots of gold? Benson, or Benton, something like that...I couldn't find it in my maps.
Jim

Offline mike(swWash)

• PPT Invited
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2018, 06:52:18 PM »
Yep, the North end of Benson Beach has mostly black sands. Look at the N. side of the mouth of the Columbia river. It's best toward the base of North Head.

Gear Pan