collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

pascalfortierSlatcofishboy3@telus.net

Dot Guests: 201 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 13054
  • stats Total Posts: 131624
  • stats Total Topics: 18399
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Mining Claims
Gear Pan
The lil Gold Spinner
BC GOLD
The lil Gold Spinner
The Pocket Sluice

Author Topic: Way off topic but be aware.  (Read 1248 times)

Offline mcbain

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: hope bc
  • Kudos: 145
Way off topic but be aware.
« on: April 27, 2018, 07:16:24 PM »
Hi.Guys.Be aware if you plan on travelling Hwys 1,3,5 Threw hope and surrounding areas.The police Have a huge blitz on right now.Watch your speed and keep the phones out of site.They are working to Rule.10k over is a impound.Use of a mobile device is a impound plus the same as a impaired charge.They are out for blood and a huge cash grab.Be aware.Luck,Mcbain.
I started out with nothing Istill have most of it.

Offline ShooterMcGavin

• Province/State: Bc
  • Kudos: 0
Re: Way off topic but be aware.
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2018, 12:19:38 PM »
Savage...

Thanks for the heads up!

Offline ShooterMcGavin

• Province/State: Bc
  • Kudos: 0
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2018, 12:22:40 PM »
Impound for 10km over and cel phone use?  I've never heard of that before.  Are you able to provide any more info on this? 

Offline mcbain

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: hope bc
  • Kudos: 145
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2018, 08:14:38 PM »
Hi.Shooter.I got this second hand .It is a ICBC thing.They usually hit one area for a week then move on to another.They are really out to hit Distracted driving with all the new laws coming out.In town they really like to work schoolzones etc.Out on the Hyway they concentrate on construction zones,Tow trucks working and any emergency vehicle pulled over.Also any changes in the posted speed.limit.Most folks do not know if a cop has somebody pulled over on the Freeway,they are supposed to slow to 70km and try to move into the left lane.Same applys to tow trucks.Another thing folks do not know is 10km over is a accepted practice,It is not law.So when ICBC tells them to blitzs a area there are no exceptions to the laws.The posted limit is the law.Here is a good one I was witness to 2years ago they were redecking the bridge at Othello.Single lane down to 50 km and down to 30 km on the bridge.They had one of those sing boards out that tells you your speed.I was watching in my mirrors a sports car coming very fast from behind me it was knocking down the cones in and out like crazy.She passed me about 60feet before the speed sign.She passed that sign board at 187km on the bridge.The cop on the other side Did not see the humour in that.Bet she does not see a drivers licence for 20 years.I drive the COQ. every weekend and see this crap every time.The point I am trying to make is the distance I drive 25 km.The diff between 100k and 120k is under 2 minutes and I save a lot at the pump.Sorry did not mean to go off on a tangent.Luck Mcbain.
I started out with nothing Istill have most of it.

Offline Fraser Raised

• Province/State: Alberta
  • Kudos: 5
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2018, 10:55:00 PM »
I see absolute stupidity on the highways on Grand Prairie county every day. I drive an hour to work on 7 miles of gravel back roads then around a 100km on secondary highway 722 then highway 43. If you don't know how Alberta works their roads all gravel roads are county roads and secondary highways are 2 lane highways like highway 7 in B.C. Highway 43 is 4 lanes. Anyway they drive like total fools here. When the limit was 100 they did 110 to 120. Now the limit is 110 so they go 120 to 140. They seem to have this built in inability to obey speed limits. And no where near enough enforcement on the roads. Sometimes there's a couple mounties out and about but not often. And we don't get to many highway sheriffs in our area.

Gear Pan