collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

pascalfortiercamper1

Dot Guests: 54 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 12650
  • stats Total Posts: 125205
  • stats Total Topics: 17430
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Author Topic: Noob question about work reports?  (Read 282 times)

Offline ShooterMcGavin

• Province/State: Bc
  • Kudos: 0
Noob question about work reports?
« on: April 16, 2018, 11:43:04 AM »
Howdy.

I'm brand new to this.  Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I just got my FMC the other day, and purchased a claim the same day.  The claim is a couple hours from home.  I went up to do some panning on Saturday, but couldn't even access the claim, as it was buried under multiple feet of snow.  Can I put my travel time toward my work report?

Thanks.

Offline mcbain

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: hope bc
  • Kudos: 89
Re: Noob question about work reports?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2018, 08:09:04 PM »
Hi.Welcome to the site takes 2 posts to become a member.Not sure if you will get this.Start a diary and be relegious about recording all your activity.Fuel distance traveled meals and actual work on the site.If you plan on working the claim and keeping it for awhile you will find that at report time a day here or there will not matter much to the final out come.It is kind of like income tax returns.The difference between 35,000 and 40.000 is minamal.Hope that makes some sence.Luck,Mcbain.
I started out with nothing Istill have most of it.

Offline ShooterMcGavin

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2018, 07:20:49 AM »
Thanks.

I was planning to keep the claim and work it, but I've since acquired another one and I like the area better, so I'm selling this one.  The problem is that it expires before the end of the year and if it doesn't sell, I'll have to put in some work to keep it from expiring.

So you're saying that a day here and there won't do much to extend the life of the claim?  I was under the impression that it only takes a couple solid days worth of work to have the renewal date of a 1 cell claim extended.  Was I misinformed?

Offline mcbain

• PPT Invited
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2018, 08:34:29 PM »
Hi.Sorry.No.I am talking the long term.Like what you might do over the year.Hope that makes a little more senses Luck Mcbain.

Offline geezir

• Kudos: 37
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2018, 11:27:36 PM »
I'm brand new to this.  Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I just got my FMC the other day, and purchased a claim the same day.  The claim is a couple hours from home.  I went up to do some panning on Saturday, but couldn't even access the claim, as it was buried under multiple feet of snow.  Can I put my travel time toward my work report?
Thanks.
Hope this helps. Read Information Update No. 8  Guide to the Evaluation of Physical Work for Assessment Credit on Claims
As to transportation costs.
Transportation and travel costs may be included but only to a maximum of 20% of the value allowed for the exploration and development work completed on the claim(s).
And exploration and development work completed on the claim(s) refers to valid approved work.
No acceptable work no travel costs.
The Guide to the Evaluation of Physical Work for Assessment Credit on Claims  contains charts of the value of work and equipment rates.

Offline ShooterMcGavin

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2018, 10:46:58 AM »
Thank you all for the replies.  In this case, no actual work was done.  There was too much snow to actually access the claim, so it looks like I'll not be able to submit the four hours of travel time.

Cheers.

Offline ShooterMcGavin

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2018, 10:56:40 AM »
Before you sell your claim that you do not like, I suggest you take pictures and videos of what you find, as people like to see proof of gold found on the claim that is for sale. If you have a Fraser River claim then you don't really need to because it is impossible not to find gold on the Fraser River. But if you are selling it for more than $2000 then pictures and videos would be a smart idea.
Thanks.  I'm hoping it just sells before I'm forced to go and work it, but I will definitely take pictures if I end up working it before it sells.  It's a Tulameen tributaty.  I really prefer the country around the other claim I just bought though, so I hope to spend most of my time there instead.

Offline mcbain

• PPT Invited
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2018, 07:32:46 PM »
Hi.Shooter.If you aquired the claim your self from MTO and did not pay a flipper.It may be easier to just pass it on to someone else.You will not be out much.A bit of Advice when aquireing a claim.Always check the good to date.You are not the first and will not be the last to get bitten by Dates that can not be met due to impossible access.Luck,Mcbain.

Offline ShooterMcGavin

« Reply #8 on: Yesterday at 06:54:48 AM »
I hear what you're saying, but I did purchase the claim from a fella for several times what I would have paid through MTO and would like to get what I'm into it for.  I was just excited to get to work and pretty much bought the first thing I saw.  Oh well.  Lesson learned. 

Offline mcbain

• PPT Invited
« Reply #9 on: Yesterday at 07:42:01 PM »
Hi.Shooter not a dead loss yet.You have the option to try and sell as is or if the good too date allows enough time  when the snow is gone ,let someone else work it for you.Chris is a good candidate.(CMMC).I know of several folks looking for ground in that general area.Pm me the claim number and I will pass it buy some folks if you want.Luck,Mcbain.