collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

mcbain

Dot Guests: 71 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 12799
  • stats Total Posts: 127436
  • stats Total Topics: 17824
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Gear Pan
The lil Gold Spinner
The lil Gold Spinner
The Pocket Sluice

Author Topic: 117 Guests and 1 member (me)  (Read 769 times)

Offline JOE S (INDY)

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Trapper Creek, Alaska with Winters in Idaho
  • Kudos: 63
  • Wiser Mining Through Endless Personal Mistakes
117 Guests and 1 member (me)
« on: April 13, 2018, 11:26:42 AM »
Hello there everyone, Good to see you visiting.   <-wave->

The name of this string comes from the fact that right now there are 117 Guests visiting here and only one "user", meaning myself.   <~ShOcK~>

The prime objective here at CGPF  is to share knowledge - and on this General Board that is oriented specifically to Gold and Platinum questions, answers and comments.  Common sense is one of the major tools here, as well as courtesy and it's cousin, respect.  There are some forums where "lurking" is frowned upon and everyone is assumed to be a repetitive contributor while those who silently observe are actively pressured to "Man-Up" (or "Woman-Up") and post something to "keep the ball rolling". 

Of course there are many valid reasons to not post (or regularly post)at all here.   For example we have many members who live in countries and regions where English is, at best, a second , third or even a rare language.  We certainly understand that type situation and are pleased that you go through the difficulty to translate our thoughts into your usual language.     <-hypnotized->    We do not have any problem with less than "perfect" English here - rather we actively encourage all who visit to read and if they have thoughts (or questions) on the subject to post.  That way we all learn from each other.   {cool^sign}

For others who are new to mining, prospecting and all that they entail - well - please remember that we all started out just like that, as "Newbies" - because none of us were born knowing this 'stuff', we all learned it.   <-dont~know->

This board, The General Board, is and was designed for Gold and Platinum questions and answers.  We tolerate some wanderings, since we all are just humans and wander in our thoughts from time to time, but that being the case we are supposed to "Wander Back" to the general topic again.     <-yes_>

Sometimes a topic seems to not relate, specifically, to Gold or Platinum ---- take for instance the string about "Ticks".     <-dont~know->    Nothing to do with Gold or Platinum but very relevant to Gold and Platinum mining in temperate forests and fields.  For those who live in deserts the problem of those little insects doesn't exist - but there are other dangers from other things to miners there.    That is where postings about Scorpions, Snakes Bears, Wolves and the like fall on the shoulders of miners in other regions - not only in North America but also across the rest of the world as well.  Remember, we all learn from each other.

After a while the same old (not in age) posters might begin to repeat themselves.  After a while the readers might say to themselves "I already know that".    <-unsure_>   That is the point where others need to pick up the activity level and voice their thoughts.    <-idea->  If the English is a bit weak then that is exactly how to strengthen it.  Test us, we won't break! 

So, don't be shy,  just join into the conversations, we'll all learn that way.     {-applause-}

Joe
Wiser Mining Through Endless Personal Mistakes

Offline suburbanator

• Adventurer
  • Province/State: BC
  • Kudos: 9
Re: 117 Guests and 1 member (me)
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2018, 12:13:03 PM »
You scared some away,  there us now 94 Guests and 2 Users... I am guessing you and I..

Haha.. 

Stop Lurking,  join the fun!
HIGHBANKER FOR SALE,  PM ME OR CHECK OUT
FOR SALE SECTION!

Offline poncho

• Happy Trails
  • Province/State: chase bc
  • Kudos: 11
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2018, 03:22:23 PM »
Yes Joe  so true when Larry's genius created the CGPF he covered everything under the sun   as of today i count 29 sections or category  a perfect gribbage  hand  Joe you are up holding the rules set out and i commend you for that plus your selfless free time thank you
ONWARDS AND UPWARDS

Offline alleyoop

• Province/State: med Oregon coast
  • Kudos: 4
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2018, 01:54:38 PM »
@ 152pm here and i am the only member.......... <-dont~know-> <-wave->

Offline PascalGold

• Kudos: 16
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2018, 09:12:24 AM »
I get my quick fix about gold worldwide on facebook.  If I want to find something about professionnal/technical placer mining I go on GPEX or Zolotobd (russian gpex)

Offline MrDexter

• Province/State: New Brunswick
  • Kudos: 1
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2018, 04:30:16 PM »
I'm guilty of being a member of the "117 Guests" club!  I would like to thank everyone who does post regularly!   

I'm a Newbie so hopefully during this season I will have something meaningful to post!

Offline JOE S (INDY)

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Trapper Creek, Alaska with Winters in Idaho
  • Kudos: 63
  • Wiser Mining Through Endless Personal Mistakes
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2018, 07:56:28 PM »
MrDexter,    <-shock_>

You, sir, are a shot in the arm to all of us here.  You (or other new folks) ask the simple questions (usually centered on simple logic) that lead to some of the best strings.     <-yahoo_>

Simple (or seeming to be simple) questions help us all to see more clearly, over achieve and discuss the things, including theories, that really are important for all of us to go over from time to time.

Why do you do so-n-so, what makes this technique good here but worthless there?  How do you deal with -----?   <-dont~know->

Questions on simple, or later more complex concepts, force us all to logically present answers - and then discuss the various alternatives. 

You might ask a very basic question that dozens of others, from around the world, have been wanting to know more about.  Don't think that only one-on-one questions and answers are the rule here because when someone asks and someone else answers there are many, many who learn - both right there and then and also later in the archives way back in the dusty corridors in the "Way Back Area".

So, ask away - if you have something to ask just one of us there is always the PM feature here.  PMs are used often here to deal with questions one-on-one with a cyber buddy.  It won't take long until you are posting, reading replies and PMing away.  Email addresses and other more personal 'things' are best not posted on the open, public forum, but better shared by PMs.

One great thing is that shortly you will make friendships here.  Some of those friends will mine in your region and the opportunity to go out for a day with an experienced miner means that you will pick up more and more knowledge.  After a while others will start asking your opinion on "things".  Just hold on - it's a life long hunt with only one person to answer to - yourself.

So read away, learn, ask a question or two if something doesn't make sense to you and travel on.

All the best!

Joe
Wiser Mining Through Endless Personal Mistakes

Offline Fraser Raised

• Province/State: Alberta
  • Kudos: 5
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2018, 10:27:20 PM »
I find the forum to be my number 1 source for information and knowledge. When ever I am looking at a product I ask for opinions on it from those who may have one or have used one. I always get feed back. I have mentioned the forum to the woman who owns the prospecting supply store in Grand Prairie and she may look into it. She is an experienced prospector and knows her equipment. She has claims in B.C. to. My forman at work has just got into prospecting and I mentioned the forum. He would have questions and the store owner would bring knowledge as well. These are the kinds of people you are talking about I think Joe. I think the forum is a valuable tool that all prospectors should use.

Gear Pan
Gold Rat