collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

pascalfortiercamper1

Dot Guests: 55 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 12650
  • stats Total Posts: 125205
  • stats Total Topics: 17430
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Author Topic: Listen to McBain... Smart Dude... New High Banker Setup...  (Read 410 times)

Offline KnuckleBuster

• Nugget Head
  • Province/State: Langley, British Columbia
  • Kudos: 1
    • U Can Fix It
So I met Mark yesterday and had the pleasure of hanging around with him and picking his brain for a few hours.... he convinced  me to go and get some keene miricle mating for the high banker and scrap all the other crap I had in there and after seeing his setup it made sense.  So thanks again Mark! I'll see you out there as soon as that damned snow is gone!

sluice1.jpg

sluice2.jpg

sluice3.jpg

sluice4.jpg

Offline mcbain

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: hope bc
  • Kudos: 89
Re: Listen to McBain... Smart Dude... New High Banker Setup...
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2018, 07:20:10 PM »
Hi.Clint.Much better.thanks for the compliment.I give it about 10 minutes of run time and you will toss the punch plate too.Your spacing on the grizzley bars are much bigger than the punch plate holes.all the bigger material will pile up on the plate and be a chore to clean out.I have another set of grizzly bars that may also work better than the light stuff you have.Get your hose connections hooked up and we can run it at my claim.Looks good just got to get some yellow in there and you are all set.Luck,mcbain.
I started out with nothing Istill have most of it.

Offline Fraser Raised

• Province/State: Alberta
  • Kudos: 3
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2018, 07:22:30 PM »
So is that Keene matting better then hog mat?

Offline mcbain

• PPT Invited
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2018, 07:41:25 PM »
Hi.Fr.Keenes is not better but works just as well for fine gold.It does not reguire the water flow that gh does.I used it for years and still do in some of my other boxes.I use GH when I am doing things that reguire large amounts of water.Things we do not discuss in public ;D.Luck,Mcbain.

Offline KnuckleBuster

• Nugget Head
  • Province/State: Langley, British Columbia
    • U Can Fix It
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2018, 09:12:58 PM »
Thanks mark!  Would love to give it a go at your site if the snow doesn't frig off soon!  Maybe next weekend if the family allows me time to get away but I'll let you know.

C

Offline beav

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: NS
  • Kudos: 8
  • Keep yer pan wet, and Butt dry!
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2018, 03:19:34 AM »
.I use GH when I am doing things that require large amounts of water.Things we do not discuss in public ;D.Luck,Mcbain.

McBain - I love your choice of words here. Nice job! I can read between the lines but the "granola crunching tree-huggers" can't! LOL

Beav

Offline suburbanator

• Adventurer
  • Province/State: BC
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2018, 05:51:35 PM »
So I met Mark yesterday and had the pleasure of hanging around with him and picking his brain for a few hours.... he convinced  me to go and get some keene miricle mating for the high banker and scrap all the other crap I had in there and after seeing his setup it made sense.  So thanks again Mark! I'll see you out there as soon as that damned snow is gone!

This is a lesson I also learned from Mark...    Saved me $1000 at least on wasted equipment after some classic over-thinking.
Will likely see you up at Marks place at some point,  seems like the local gathering spot for all the newb's like myself.

#Mark.saves.the.day.again

Offline JOE S (INDY)

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Trapper Creek, Alaska and Idaho in the Winter
  • Kudos: 60
  • Wiser Mining Through Endless Personal Mistakes
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2018, 07:24:00 PM »
Not only Newbies.  A couple of years ago I had the pleasure of spending a few hours on Mark's claim.  Peaceful and outright fun.  He even got me to shovel for quite some time.

Time like that is ever so valuable in just the new ideas that spring up from little half mumbled thoughts.

Joe
Wiser Mining Through Endless Personal Mistakes

Offline mcbain

• PPT Invited
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2018, 08:24:39 PM »
Hey Joe.Thanks but I did not show you a thing you did not already know Yet.I am hoping to send one of my gravel scoops to alaska with you.A simple home made tool I have never seen in any of the you tube vids.I simply saved a few members a lot of money by responding to them and showing them a few simple things that can save a lot of wasted money and heart ache.Alot of other members could do the same but for some reason do not.Every member I have helped out helps me in one way or another.Luck,Mcbain.