collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

BLACKPEARLDhodginsDoftheNorth

Dot Guests: 282 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 1

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 13064
  • stats Total Posts: 131804
  • stats Total Topics: 18417
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Mining Claims
Gear Pan
The lil Gold Spinner
BC GOLD
The lil Gold Spinner
The Pocket Sluice

Author Topic: Yes they do dredge the fraser river  (Read 4603 times)

Offline mcbain

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: hope bc
  • Kudos: 145
Re: Yes they do dredge the fraser river
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2018, 07:25:00 PM »
Hey gold one,that was a little more than 15 years ago.I remember it well.C.N.Rail was getting all geared up to put in new sidings and loading facilities.The plan was to ship 400 cars a day of sand and gravel to Portland Oregon.It was a grand idea and the Americans really wanted that sand and gravel.But like so many of these deals,There were to many hands fighting over the ownership of said land.And the American buyers went elsewhere for the gravel.Until they quit fighting over Their territory nothing will change.Luck,Mcbain.
I started out with nothing Istill have most of it.

gold one

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2018, 08:34:18 PM »
Ya  I guess it was 2003. I wonder if hillsbar was ever mined for gravel,  guess not its still there.   <-laugh->  I read that it was drilled around that time for gold content.  Gold as a biproduct.   According to the records it was the richest bar in the world at one time.

Offline mcbain

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: hope bc
  • Kudos: 145
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2018, 07:45:42 PM »
Hey goldone.Avery good miner spent over a month on hills bar last spring.He worked from dark to dark.He dug holes every where some 12 feet deep.He came away with less than 2 grams.The china boys cleaned it up and the river has changed.Some poor sucker paid over a 100,000.00 for that claim [^Crazy!#] [^Crazy!#] [^Crazy!#] [^Crazy!#]luck,Mcbain.
I started out with nothing Istill have most of it.

gold one

« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2018, 09:56:05 AM »
Ya the previous owner Mel died. I checked the records he still has over 200 mineral and placer titles.  Most of them he's 50% owner.  He had some claims beside me in yukon.  Id sometimes see him at the only coffee shop in Keno city.  Nice man he was. Over 200 claims and not a flipper.  I was hoping he wrote a book on mining...didn't see any.