collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

Dot Guests: 189 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 13063
  • stats Total Posts: 131778
  • stats Total Topics: 18417
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Mining Claims
Gear Pan
The lil Gold Spinner
BC GOLD
The lil Gold Spinner
The Pocket Sluice

Author Topic: Alberta Class A, B,C and D waters  (Read 6357 times)

Offline theiggy

• Kudos: 0
Alberta Class A, B,C and D waters
« on: March 17, 2015, 03:17:43 PM »
Hello everyone from Edson.

I tried a search but could not find any answers about identifying bodies of water and the link someone supplied was a dead link. What identifies the classes of rivers and are there any restrictions? Moving from panning to Jobe Yellowjacket and I am interested in learning this tool.

Where does everyone buy there supplies from in Alberta and should I get more gold, where does everyone sell it?

Thanks
Iggy

Offline theiggy

Re: Alberta Class A, B,C and D waters
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2015, 04:15:22 PM »
Thanks HiLo

I read the whole reg and the code but it only has a list of the maps but not actual maps nor does it describe what identifies each type of water body.

Eric

Offline theiggy

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2015, 04:59:21 PM »
yup stopped by and picked my licence up today in Edmonton and there was nothing included that described the waters and when asked they said I would have to go to another agency. I have been on the Queens printers so the regs I have read (I am not new to reading regs) but the maps are missing. I will look else where I guess.

I had to move from the Ipad to the big computer and now I can open the links. Thanks.

Offline MrDave

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Central Alberta
  • Kudos: 8
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2017, 07:44:09 PM »
Happy to have achieved Dirty Old Man status. Finally a goal achieved.

Offline Fraser Raised

• Province/State: Alberta
  • Kudos: 5
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2018, 12:24:42 AM »
As for buying supplies there are 2 places in Grand Prairie I know of but that may be to far for you if your in Edson. Edmonton has 2 I know of but one barely sells anything. It's called Bedrock Supplies if I recall but they cater to jem hunters. Very little for prospectors . Atleast they didn't last I was there. I can't remember the other outfits name but if I recall they are only open weekends and I never got in to see them. Was down during the week. Look up suppliers for Edmonton on Google.  That's how I found them. It seems the best suppliers are in Kelowna and other parts of B.C. I'll hit them this summer when I'm over there.