collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

heavymetal

Dot Guests: 128 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 12732
  • stats Total Posts: 126246
  • stats Total Topics: 17606
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Gear Pan

Author Topic: hammermill  (Read 709 times)

Online heavymetal

• Province/State: mid vancouver island
  • Kudos: 1
hammermill
« on: February 12, 2018, 08:14:32 PM »
hello gang say I am in need of a hammermill to work my hard rock gold properties. What would you recommmend for a one person sized unit? Thanks <_miner_>

Offline jobinyt

• PPT Invited
  • Kudos: 19
Re: hammermill
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2018, 07:48:41 PM »
I ran a 200 HP hammer mill for over 10 years  - know a little about them. I think you might have a bit of an unusual operation/requirement that causes you to seek one. They are usually rated in tons per hour for specific material and size input -  not usually rated in persons per mill.

Offline mcbain

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: hope bc
  • Kudos: 109
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2018, 07:46:04 PM »
Hi.When you say one man are you looking to sample or crush a lot of material.For sampling a small motorized rock crusher would do .If you plan ondoing a lot of rock crushing you may have to build your own.Commercial builders are not looking at very small ops.Takes Humongus money to build a rock crusher.Luck Mcbain.
I started out with nothing Istill have most of it.

Offline sawdust

• Province/State: Fraser Canyon/British Columbia
  • Kudos: 8
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2018, 04:18:26 AM »
I ran a 300 HP hammerhog for 16 years, each hammer was 90 lbs, with 24 of them. The most crucial thing to attain is balance. You`ll shake the hell out of the machine without it. We weighed each one individually and got them to within 1/2 a hard surfacing rod of each other. Also, the contact face of each hammer is important, the wear can be unbelievable. I used to get this material from a place in Edmonton, It consisted of a flat mild steel plate the size of the striking/wear surface, with a very thick layer of a different material welded/bonded on to it. It cut my weekend maintenance and monthly maintenance times by about 60-75 %. It was miracle stuff,  expensive, but saved in the long run. The bottom sizing screen doesn`t wear as fast, that was a yearly replacement. I also used it on the breaker bar, worked great there, too. When buying a hammermill, look for  excessive contact surface wear, ask how often the main shaft bearings need replacing. Do they get too hot to put your hand on the top of? Of course insist on seeing it run. A good one will have very little vibration. If it`s not direct drive, check the condition of the powerband. Check the heat around the output shaft of the motor. If you have any questions about hammermills, you can P.M. me. <-thinking->

Gear Pan