collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

Dot Guests: 188 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 13005
  • stats Total Posts: 130833
  • stats Total Topics: 18306
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Gear Pan
The lil Gold Spinner
BC GOLD
The lil Gold Spinner
The Pocket Sluice

Author Topic: Heat exchanger or wetsuit heater recommendations  (Read 2381 times)

Offline Mainbeam

• Province/State: Ohio
  • Kudos: 0
Heat exchanger or wetsuit heater recommendations
« on: November 05, 2017, 11:28:04 AM »
Was wondering if anyone has built their own heat exchanger with success or have any other recommendations for dredge wetsuit heating.

Offline liquidsteel

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Kelowna
  • Kudos: 12
Re: Heat exchanger or wetsuit heater recommendations
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2017, 05:18:25 PM »
Wouldn't waist my time building a heat exchanger, to much work and tuning. Boiler makers make a whack ton of momeynfor a reason. Easiest hands down and cheapest is instant hot water system.  I buy these for the mine site. The product company is called "Ecotemp instant hot water shower" they can be purchased off Amazon for 150 bucks and arrives in a day. They run off of propane and has a garden hose inlet that can be plumbed off your blaster nozzle ouket on a Keene p180. Outlet hose is simple water fittings and adapt it to a drip line system for irrragation. Run the lines through you suit and bam. Instant hot water. Cool thing about the Ecotemp is it has adjustment for heat output.

Offline liquidsteel

• PPT Invited
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2017, 06:11:25 AM »
Wouldn't waist my time building a heat exchanger, to much work and tuning. Boiler makers make a whack ton of momeynfor a reason. Easiest hands down and cheapest is instant hot water system.  I buy these for the mine site. The product company is called "Ecotemp instant hot water shower" they can be purchased off Amazon for 150 bucks and arrives in a day. They run off of propane and has a garden hose inlet that can be plumbed off your blaster nozzle ouket on a Keene p180. Outlet hose is simple water fittings and adapt it to a drip line system for irrragation. Run the lines through you suit and bam. Instant hot water. Cool thing about the Ecotemp is it has adjustment for heat output.

After half an hour in a flooded dive suit you would come out looking like a prune.

Thats how all cold water dredging is done. Doesn't prune you up to bad.  A wet suit is wet anyways when you put it on, it is the thin layer of warm water between your suit and you skin that keeps a guy warm.

Offline liquidsteel

• PPT Invited
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2017, 03:40:13 PM »
Hey Blue Clay. The cheapest one by Ecotemp works killer. It is instant heated water, so nice on the bush!!! Unfortionalty they can not be hooked upto a RV pump. The Rv pumps put out the required PSI and GPM but the Ecotemps do not like the fluctuation of the PSI going up and down and doesn't work. I tried to do it myself for hot water in the trailer for taps and shower and it is a no go. The igniter cant make up its mind to turn on or off. It has to be steady psi. But if you ran a pump to your trailer city water input it works good.

Offline liquidsteel

• PPT Invited
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2017, 07:00:48 PM »
Oh yeah that would work great with a small pump that a guy just turns on.

Gear Pan
Gold Rat