collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

vfscooter

Dot Guests: 175 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 12788
  • stats Total Posts: 127134
  • stats Total Topics: 17770
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Gear Pan
The lil Gold Spinner
The lil Gold Spinner
The Pocket Sluice

Author Topic: Need nugget shooting advice for b.c.  (Read 3861 times)

Offline undersc0re

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: kamloops
  • Kudos: 1
Re: Need nugget shooting advice for b.c.
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2017, 10:05:44 AM »
Good info, I had decent results air testing with my atgold and gb2 and even in the back yard. I went to the tranquille area and spent lots of time panning and digging and many days trying to set the damn things sensitivity and threshhold so as to hear some sort of difference etc in all the noise with my different test nuggets and pickers...it is a tough place, compared to the normal soil/silt of the backyard lol. The best I could do was no more than a few inches on a known test target in tranquille. Even the atgold would have to be ground balanced ALL of the time just to get me 4 inches of depth on a 3 grammer with a known target and to somewhat recognize it is most likely a target...I thought maybe you might have tested in most conditions there at tranquille how deep and easy it is to pick out a decent target or found something at a depth you remember. I am sure it would be not much more than a few inches, like you say probably easier to pan the stuff quicklly when you think there is a target. I would be up in the hills with no water if I invested in a detector that could get pick up a target pretty deep in the hot terrain. I have been reading a lot about the gpz7000 and the reviews are all over the place on its abilities and its build quality. Definetly out of the question especially due to price right now.

I was hoping mostly to quickly scan the bedrock of the thompson and fraser including the banks above if conditions allow and find a detector that could reliably do this at a decent pace....of course knowing that if I could do it then someone else surely would have by now....which is why I thought maybe the gpz price range would have kept others away and may be a good advantage. I am highly doubting that now after much reading, probably good in the fact that it would just give me more exercise swinging and digging lol.

I think scraping out cracks and panning is going to have to satisfy my gold fever for now! There is the odd crack that gives up some nice material!

Offline undersc0re

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: kamloops
  • Kudos: 1
Re: Need nugget shooting advice for b.c.
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2017, 03:59:41 PM »
  I broke down and got a Garrett atx with the 11x13 DD coil, an at pro pointer and water proof headphones! I figured if it is no good on the gold at least I can find deeper stuff on the beach than the guys with the vlf's and then I can throw on the snorkling stuff and hit the okanagan and shuswap beaches...in the summer. Now I just need a good solid stainless steel scoop, so many decisions.
I would give a shout out to the guy I dealt with, but I don't think thats allowed.

Gear Pan
Gold Rat