collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

poncho

Dot Guests: 154 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 12581
  • stats Total Posts: 125026
  • stats Total Topics: 17252
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Author Topic: Curved spacetime and neutron stars collision, origins of supercial gold deposits  (Read 425 times)

Offline mcbain

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: hope bc
  • Kudos: 83
Hi Pascal.Very interesting.But me being a simple mind have too ask simple questions.On earth gold melts at 2000 degrees.Heat it to 3500 degrees and you can evaporate it.Poof Gone.Now is my question.Gold travelling billions of light years at 10 million degrees should have evaporated long before penetrating the earths crust  and what form would it have to be to hit earth.Solid or vapour?Solid is out.Vapour would burn up on entry of the atmosphere.This is were simple things baffle the brains of the best scientists.If I was putting this question to one of these guys they would be stuttering for another 50 years.Just my thoughts.Luck,Mcbain.
I started out with nothing Istill have most of it.

Offline pascalfortier

• Kudos: 12
Temperature of the universe is around -270C I think near absolute Zero. Everything goes in cycles I would think just like witwatersrand conglomerate paleoplacers. Does make sense all the heavies goes in the center of the earth and the gold comes from whatever blew up somewhere.

Offline mcbain

• PPT Invited
Hi Pascal.I believe that all planets were stars at on time or pieces of one and may have been moved long distances by a explosion or a collision such as the above mentioned.Trillions of years ago they tell us the earth was a molton ball of fire and molton minerals.The earth would have in a molton stage pickup every thing in its path.that would explain the heavy concentrates of precious metals in the North and the south and the odd metorite impacting the surface would have been absorbed but this is while we were still in a molton stage.The earth cooled and evolved into a planet. of solid rock.I do not believe that gold could get 7km below the surface once the surface cooled.Just my  simple mined opinion.Luck Mcbain.

Offline jobinyt

• PPT Invited
  • Kudos: 12
Wow - this is heavy ;)

Offline mcbain

• PPT Invited
Hi.Job.Not really.Like I said I think simple and could be totally wrong.Try to picture  sombebody sending a mega neotron missile into space. the nose loaded with5 tons of gold,It comes back to earth at a zillion miles per hour.It hits the rockies,solid granite.Yea a big boom might create a massive crator.and scatter gold allover the surface.but it will not deposit gold down threw that granite.In my simple way of looking at things.I see a lot of scientists like I see doctors.They got the answers but no concrete evidence of anything.Just my opinion.Luck,Mcbain.

Offline kcm

• Province/State: NW Minnesota
  • Kudos: 30
A ZILLION miles per hour?!?!?  My brain cells can't work that fast anymore.  :o

kcm
The life of the nation is secure only while the nation is honest, truthful, and virtuous.

The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a person's determination.