collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

Dot Guests: 183 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 13005
  • stats Total Posts: 130832
  • stats Total Topics: 18306
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Gear Pan
The lil Gold Spinner
BC GOLD
The lil Gold Spinner
The Pocket Sluice

Author Topic: New to Forum  (Read 1382 times)

Offline kenl

• Province/State: Arizona
  • Kudos: 0
New to Forum
« on: October 13, 2017, 03:07:37 PM »
I'm tight on money whats  the best way to get started?  What kind of  equipment is best to start with? Any advise or suggestions is appreciated.

Offline mcbain

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: hope bc
  • Kudos: 136
Re: New to Forum
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2017, 08:55:28 PM »
Hi.Ken.Do not matter what you buy.If you do not learn to pan before you start you are dead in the water.Get your self a good garret pan and A 1/4 inch classifier.Next watch all the you tube vids can can on gold panning.I highly recommend buying some paydirt.There are many suppliers some better than others.but you get some real gold to play with.If you do this pan in a tub.You will not lose the gold.Pan the material over and over till you feel confident you are getting all the gold.Remember this,if it is bright and shiny and flits around on top it is not gold.Same thing applies out inthe field.Another thing is most states have panning clubs some of these clubs own very good claims that teach panning.some are free and some you join and become a member but all will teach you how to pan.That being said I am in Canada and can not tell you prices stateside.Search and research.Luck Mcbain.
I started out with nothing Istill have most of it.

Gear Pan
Gold Rat