collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

Dot Guests: 133 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 12550
  • stats Total Posts: 124605
  • stats Total Topics: 17236
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Author Topic: SOW  (Read 398 times)

Offline bruno

• Province/State: Coquitlam
  • Kudos: 8
SOW
« on: October 11, 2017, 08:17:43 PM »
This past summer I've been hard at work digging out an old mine shaft. I dug down 17 feet and moved a couple of tons of dirt rocks and debris, all by hand. Hours and hours of work that I claimed on my SOW. Now today I get an email from the Ministry and they say: "Your above referenced reports are currently being reviewed.  However, please provide us with the results of the work (i.e., an indication of what you found and the quantity and quality)." Have any of the members here ever been asked for the results of your mining? I find it rather a strange request,

Offline mentalcoincoin

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: B.C.
  • Kudos: 18
  • Tip Of The $pear
Re: SOW
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2017, 09:53:11 PM »
Every Technical report I had done included assays &locations,as well as one day on claim with the Geo who I  retained to do my reports.  I have heard a few cases where the person doing the SOW was told,more info was needed not quite what happened to you.

Offline crewcut

• Kudos: 17
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2017, 11:27:34 PM »
  <-thinking->  bruno ...  tell them the truth,

"I dug down 17 feet and moved a couple of tons of dirt rocks and debris, all by hand. Hours and hours of work." ... and you got huge blisters on your hands, a hell of a sore back and sweet pizz all to assay yet.   Your labour on the sow is valid.  <-yes_>

Offline bruno

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2017, 08:26:59 AM »
I did not file a technical report, just a physical report because it was all labour no drilling,
the results being a shaft was cleaned out and veins were exposed. Any samples taken and assayed would be in the future reports.

Offline bruno

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2017, 09:10:44 AM »
It seems they are getting very picky about our reports being done according to the guidelines, which is a good thing, may free up some claims from holders that are not doing the real work required.
Reports of physical exploration and development on a claim
15  (1) A report of physical exploration and development submitted as required by section 33 of the Act must include all of the following, as applicable:

(a) a detailed written description explaining the type of activity and the result obtained;
(b) the date the exploration and development started and the number of hours of work;
(c) an itemized cost statement related to that activity including the costs for labour, food, accommodation, transportation, rental and operation of machinery, equipment and instruments;
(d) a map at a scale of detail of 1:10 000 or more detailed that shows the geographic location of the exploration and development activity relative to the boundaries of the claim or block of claims on which the activity was carried out;
(e) metric dimensions of all workings, openings and related activity referenced to the map described in paragraph (d) for trenches, open cuts, adits, pits, shafts and underground activity;
(f) a map at a scale of detail of 1:5 000 or more detailed that shows the ground control or grid lines;
(g) a plan prepared by the land surveyor from a precision survey;
(h) a plan of the survey and differentially corrected coordinates of the legal posts surveyed from a global positioning survey;
(i) the amount in metric units of material removed from the ground and tested or processed including the metric dimensions of the excavation for placer panning, digging and washing of gravel;
(j) a statement of the qualifications of the author of the report.

Offline mcbain

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: hope bc
  • Kudos: 80
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2017, 08:20:04 PM »
Hi.Bruno.ask lots of Questions,hound them ten times a day do not relent demand answers.Demand the regs that say you did something wrong.Drive them(mto) insane.I know of another member they approved his sow and turned around a couple months later and recinded his claim unless he provided assay reports.He was going trew a major crisis 3 of his family members were killed in a bad accident.They cut him no slack.Turns out they got a new girl in there that knows nothing and is union protected.Any way said member told them to shove the claim.Acouple months later it was picked up by another forum member,I happen to know has been there less than 15 minuts if that and the claim was renewed for 5 years.That should tell us all what we are dealing with.Cut them no slack,we pay their wages they do not pay us.In your case I would demand a mining inspector visit the claim.go to the top..Do not relent.Luck Mark.
I started out with nothing Istill have most of it.

Offline crewcut

• Kudos: 17
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2017, 11:27:48 PM »
 <_miner_>  <-good_>

I am sick and tired of seeing people move claims ahead 10 years by simply driving out and taking a picture or spending a couple days camping and it gets approved by MTO. This is a fact, I know!  <-yes_>

But when an honest guy works his butt off and files a SOW up comes the questions by the MTO.. You must be on a worthwhile claim and they know it..  <-yes_>

Now a lot of these MTO workers are not up to speed on the MINING LAWS.  Maybe they have read the updates but, they are not the laws.

You must be careful about the subtleties and nuances in the actual laws. For example Bruno, your post says

"15  (1) A report of physical exploration and development submitted as required by section 33 of the Act must include all of the following, as applicable:", Notice the ending where it says " as applicable   ??

RE:   Mineral Tenure Act - Mineral Tenure Act Regulation

"exploration and development" means

(a) physical exploration and development, or
(b) technical exploration and development,

"physical exploration and development" includes:

(a) if the work is related to a mineral claim, any of the following:

(i) trenching, open cuts, adits, pits, shafts and other underground activity for the purposes of collecting samples or other geological or technical information;

<-wave->

Offline bruno

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2017, 06:46:09 AM »
After looking into this more carefully I have found a couple of cases on the internet where claim holders have lost their claims for not responding to MTO when asked to complete the 15(a) portion
of their reports. In my case providing pictures and listing my work as trenching is not enough detail for them. So in response to MTO's request for more info I wrote them a detailed description of the work done, and got the reply:" information received", hopefully averting any further problems. In the reports they do provide blank pages for us to expand on the work we have done but the instructions are vague. So as we continue to learn and help one another we may be able to avoid these problems.

Offline geezir

• Kudos: 24
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2017, 12:47:18 PM »
Best of luck in this event Bruno.
I find that the form used by the MTO is restrictive and can be a big part of the reporting problem.
To do hand work  one is not required to file a Notice of Work but even if I do not file it, I usually fill one out as it helps in the planning process and regulation compliance process. I am sure you have a plan and a goal and solid and valid geological reasons for your work.

I normally keep a day journal with notes on observations and related "to - do's". For the report I transfer that to a spreadsheet then I add "the story" about why I have the claim and what I hope to accomplish. Often I add remarks about what should be done next. It is not a "tech" report so one can use a loose format.  Your "story" can include references to include your due diligence research.

I have attached a pdf of such an addendum to the online form of a successful initial physical E&D  SOW report on a placer property. 

Offline liquidsteel

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Kelowna
  • Kudos: 9
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2017, 07:35:49 PM »
You have 30 days after they ask there question and want an answer other wise you do loose your claim.  I have had then email me about further details and  pictures, simply just send them what they need. I gave the fellow who contacted me a" good job" email to himself and Mark Messier saying that them checking up on this stuff will help honest people and give the fakers a scare.