collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

Dot Guests: 137 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 12550
  • stats Total Posts: 124605
  • stats Total Topics: 17236
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Author Topic: Allis comes home  (Read 583 times)

Offline tinman_II

• PPT Invited
  • Kudos: 18
Allis comes home
« on: October 06, 2017, 07:08:15 PM »
I bought this Allis 720 from a fellow in Alberta, he and his nephew are leaving early in the morning to have it delivered to my yard late tomorrow afternoon.

I already have the sister to this Allis which were manufactured by Simplicity around 1975 so neither are spring chickens.

Both tractors have Onan engines, yea the parts are expensive but show me an engine made today that will give you 45 years of faithful service.

IMG_20170907_152451.jpeg

IMG_20170907_152539.jpeg

Offline mcbain

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: hope bc
  • Kudos: 80
Re: Allis comes home
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2017, 07:24:21 PM »
Hi.Gill.You may already of done this but check millatery surplus canada and the states.Never know what you can find cheap.Luck Mcbain.
I started out with nothing Istill have most of it.

Offline tinman_II

• PPT Invited
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2017, 08:12:11 PM »
Hi.Gill.You may already of done this but check millatery surplus canada and the states.Never know what you can find cheap.Luck Mcbain.

I've won a few bids on the government surplus website, you won't get any deals there.

Just because it was government owned doesn't mean it was regularly maintained they run everything into the ground, and the crap seized by customs and the police always goes at high prices.

Purchase a generator seized from a grow opp or some lab glassware your sure to have your phone tapped.

With modern digital telephony equipment a telephone number is simply a url, for instance my number looks something like this 1 778 825 xxxx@vancouver..voip.ms

The 1 is country code, next the 778 designates area code assigned to Aldergrove, Its easier than ever for law enforcement to capture a telephone number a physical wire tap is no longer necessary.

Just a few keyboard strokes is all that is required. Boo Yaa.

Bain thanks for the heads up on the Gov Auctions but I'll take a pass.

Offline tinman_II

• PPT Invited
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2017, 09:02:55 PM »
Arrived late this afternoon, tractor came from Alberta.

alllis.png

Offline tinman_II

• PPT Invited
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2017, 09:12:36 PM »
With those huge rear tires maybe enter the little beat in a few tractor pulls.

tires.png

Offline tinman_II

• PPT Invited
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2017, 10:06:39 AM »
Mark do you have a set of high pressure gauges for trouble shooting hydrostatic drive units that come into the shop. I just purchased a cheap set off of eBay to test Allis's hydro unit.

Offline mcbain

• PPT Invited
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2017, 07:55:37 PM »
Hi.Gill do not have such fine tools.We do not usually work on anything bigger than a lawn tractor.That being said a lot of hydrostats work the same.If a unit has been sitting a long time it can get air in the system.The easiest way to cure that is to get the wheels of the ground and rotate the tires backwards.May take some time but can save a lot of money. it seems to purge the system.If after acouple days of farting around youcan get drive than a air lock is the problem.Once moving hydrostats will work out the air.Best I can do.Luck Mcbain.

Offline tinman_II

• PPT Invited
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2017, 09:26:11 PM »
Mine has more than an air lock.

slippers.png

Offline tinman_II

• PPT Invited
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2017, 09:36:55 PM »
Fortunately I found this derelict Cub Cadet that someone had tossed out at the landfill, the piston assembly of the left fits the hydro unit in my tractor.

cadet1.png

cadet33.png

Offline mcbain

• PPT Invited
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2017, 07:40:21 PM »
Hi Gill.I took a course on hydros about 20 years ago.The number one reason for failure is dirt getting into the system.Otherwise the are pretty much bullet profe.We were taught that the 2 main killers of hydros was heavy towing and dirt getting in by pressure washing..Pressure washing being the number one killer.On vented units.water and dirt get in threw the vent hose and destroy the pistons etc.Looks like that is what happened on your swash plate.Glad you found another one.Luck Mcbain.