collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

Dot Guests: 137 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 12550
  • stats Total Posts: 124605
  • stats Total Topics: 17236
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Author Topic: $145,000 Dollar Fine  (Read 822 times)

Offline ykplacer

• Kudos: 14
Re: $145,000 Dollar Fine
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2017, 11:46:29 AM »
Probably more like 5000$ of fuel 15 000$ for wages and camp plus one excavator and a rock truck

Crown prosecutors and Foy made a joint submission to Judge Peter Chisholm, asking for a $145,000 fine. The judge agreed, and gave Foy one year to pay.

With the gov't saying it could be up to 1 million to clean it , yup how many times we seen that story?It won't surprise me  to hear a few years down the road it actually cost 2 million... ;D

Look no further than the hydro dam out east being built that was estimated by the Government to cost $5-6 billion...Now goona cost $18 billion... :)...even in Dawson City the sewage plant ..lol Gov't estimated it was gonna cost $280,000 a year to run it ....well it costs more than $1 million a year to run it today.....they're not real good at math ...

Offline ykplacer

« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2017, 12:28:45 PM »
I'm sure glad all these shows are taken in Yukon...sure helping the economy.
Ya it's too bad some people are going broke trying to find gold  :'(

I really wonder how much longer "the shows" can go on ?
I mean the show " Yukon Gold" is dead, they decided to shut down ,no filming this 2017 season ,no more over and done.

Gold Rush with Tony Beets, eventually it gotta end ...maybe when Tony has 14 dredges? .. :D I dunno...
Even the most popular TV shows end (Cheers/Friends /Seinfeld..etc),won't surprise me to see Gold Rush done in a few seasons ....

Have the "shows" been good for the Yukon? Sure they brought in a few more "tourists" ...and a few more "suckers" to go broke trying placer mining .

Have they been good for positively promoting "placer mining"? No....they have actually
exposed some pretty dirty habits of some placer miners(stuff better left off TV /out of the news)....stuff the masses never heard about prior to the "TV shows" coming up to the Yukon right ?So negative spotlight = tighter regulations for EVERYONE going forward....

These big "TV" companies , they do get "rebate" for filming up in the Yukon...I do believe they can get back 25%
of the filming cost....So for every 1 million spent , the Yukon will give them back $250,000...Another reason they "rushed" to the Yukon...lol...Also on top of that being an American company , Canada is always 25-35 cents on the dollar "cheaper" on average with the currency exchange"....

For me , the real benefits will be when Yukon MINES open.....the general public will get way more benefits from this (for as long as commodity prices stay high and economical)than any TV shows......400 jobs here, 300 jobs here...1000 jobs here...A lot of the money will actually stay right in  the Yukon ....

With that said, unfortunately  mining as we know it is  RAPIDLY changing.....self driving rock trucks and digging machines...
That is here right now...Even Gold Corp with the Coffee Deposit say they plan to hire up to 400 but they also say that "could change with automation"...yup......So if you're any type of machine driver at bigger mines, you best be looking for a new career ...very soon.

The boys and girls in Fort Mac (Oil Sands Rock Truck drivers) are all on death row as we speak...and that's coming to Gold mining and hard rock mines in Canada very soon.....

"Mama don"t let your babies grow up to be rock truck drivers"  or "machine operators"

Offline gold one

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: I Follow the dream
  • Kudos: 27
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2017, 03:29:12 PM »
Ya  the new mines will help the economy the most.
I feel the mining shows will help the economy for years to come, replays over and over.
With every gold rush things tend to change.  I hope suction dredges will be allowed.
My only gold fever has to do with drilling.  IF... I find a profitable deposit,  I imagine the headaches begin. ^#!

As far as Kens fine goes , it will teach other miners to clean up...or else !
I am thinking like Pascal. ..1 million to clean up?
He must have left a BIG MESS ? <-thinking->

Offline mcbain

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: hope bc
  • Kudos: 80
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2017, 07:14:22 PM »
Hi.Enviro clean ups are like every thing else.Most  if done by the company can be quite cheap if they stay on top of things.But once the goverment is involved.The price will skyrocket at the very least 1000%.Here is a poor example but makes my point.I can build a passable trail ,Say 1/2km into my claim.I can do this for several hundred dollars.Now bring the goverment into play and that same 1/2km becomes a multi dollar project.1/2 million at the least.There are many minors with eqipment that could in their off season be doing clean up for minimal costs..Not getting rich but making a living.But know the govert.will put it out for contract.and some offshore company will go home with millions.You all know where I am coming from,Luck ,Mcbain.
I started out with nothing Istill have most of it.

Offline ykplacer

« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2017, 05:14:32 PM »
Hi.Enviro clean ups are like every thing else.Most  if done by the company can be quite cheap if they stay on top of things.But once the goverment is involved.The price will skyrocket at the very least 1000%.Here is a poor example but makes my point.I can build a passable trail ,Say 1/2km into my claim.I can do this for several hundred dollars.Now bring the goverment into play and that same 1/2km becomes a multi dollar project.1/2 million at the least.There are many minors with eqipment that could in their off season be doing clean up for minimal costs..Not getting rich but making a living.But know the govert.will put it out for contract.and some offshore company will go home with millions.You all know where I am coming from,Luck ,Mcbain.

I think you nailed it Mcbain...

Here's another example of the Yukon finding a way to eat cash like none other ... :)

For example how about $5.5 million dollars to repair a wooden foot bridge? :) for a community with 350-375 people ...
They already spent $1.5 million on it , now goona dump another $4 million into it ....

http://www.whitehorsestar.com/News/near-4-million-contract-let-for-ross-river-bridge

Offline ryanonthevedder

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Chilliwack
  • Kudos: 17
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2017, 07:40:51 PM »

I do wish the  fraser river folk were part of this GOLD RUSH thats happening. ..maybe later ?

Oh we are a part of it lol, going lo key though. I dont have enough ground to produce 1000 oz cleanups every week so it doesn't make very good TV..... maybe I need to make a reality show about a miner who isnt broke and cleans up his mess.

Offline 1829digger

• Province/State: bc
  • Kudos: 11
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2017, 07:59:49 PM »
Hey speaking of mining shows... When are the goin tobe new mine or bust videos!? Thinking those are my favorite by far

Offline mcbain

• PPT Invited
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2017, 08:24:17 PM »
Hey Ryan very good points.We the small guys do not make T.V..the true reality guys.We on the other hand are Bombarded with rules and regulations we live buy out of Fear of being busted for the simpelest things.Example .Your fish screen is only 1/8 inch needs to be finer.Your intake is too close to the bottom,your pump sizes is questionable.You cut a dead tree for fire wood,your foot path is too wide,the sewer you are pumping out of the Fraser is not going back filtered enough.the list is endless.What Baffles me is the resources the govt.has to harass little guys but none to police the Big guys that line the coffers with big bucks.Seems like money talks and the rest walk.Just my opionion..Luck Mcbain.

Offline mcbain

• PPT Invited
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2017, 08:32:35 PM »
Hey speaking of mining shows... When are the goin tobe new mine or bust videos!? Thinking those are my favorite by far
Hi.Joe if darcy was out this year he should be coming up with something new  soon .it takes a while do do the editeding.Do not forget he was right in the middle of all those fires. that destroyed a lot of minors this year.Luck,Mcbain.

Offline 1829digger

• Province/State: bc
  • Kudos: 11
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2017, 11:58:26 AM »
Hi.Joe if darcy was out this year he should be coming up with something new  soon .it takes a while do do the editeding.Do not forget he was right in the middle of all those fires. that destroyed a lot of minors this year.Luck,Mcbain.

That's right totally forgot about that!  Great films he makes. Love his spring  time ones. Gets you goin for the season