collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

Dot Guests: 145 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 1

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 13005
  • stats Total Posts: 130835
  • stats Total Topics: 18307
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Gear Pan
The lil Gold Spinner
BC GOLD
The lil Gold Spinner
The Pocket Sluice

Author Topic: sluice box using magnets  (Read 19994 times)

KenKlondike

sluice box using magnets
« on: September 22, 2017, 07:48:46 AM »
did the forum police delete our thread regarding using magnets in a sluice box or is the web site having trouble?

kk

Offline mcbain

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: hope bc
  • Kudos: 136
Re: sluice box using magnets
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2017, 06:37:43 PM »
Hi.Ken looks like it has been removed and all comments besides.It was not the subject.It was the NAME calling.You have both been on the site long enough to know better.All my researching has found nothing on the topic.So I assume it has been removed.Too bad it was a great topic.Luck Mcbain.
I started out with nothing Istill have most of it.

KenKlondike

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2017, 06:49:37 AM »
we now its back again.

kk

KenKlondike

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2017, 07:34:38 AM »
This thread is to prove or disprove a video I did regarding the use of magnets in a sluice box.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMjODJG5n8M

kk

Offline Lucas

• Province/State: Essex
  • Kudos: 0
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2017, 01:16:40 PM »
Damn... I missed this topic  :(

Dia-magnetism and its effects on things in motion is demonstrated nicely in this video.

I have had this in mind for a new way  for clean ups as it would help capture more gold and especially for getting that fine stuff....
May the Fever be with you..........

KenKlondike

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2017, 01:21:58 PM »
the topic was rousing for sure but its not over yet.

Tinman claims the video is a fraud and the gold coin was a slug with iron in it to act that way.

I claim the video is a true test of gold in a magnetic field.

Golly got involved and is doing tests of his own.

The thread is just getting started (again)

kk

Offline GollyMrScience

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Near Edmonton Alberta
  • Kudos: 160
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2017, 07:21:42 PM »
I am expecting that this one will go on for awhile and am setting up experiments that can be duplicated and expanded on to hopefully derive some interesting information. I am video recording things I find meaningful and will be uploading probably to you tube as I can.  I look forward to meaningful and thoughtful debate. I had not realized the other thread was gone but maybe a fresh start is good.
What the heck - lets just keep mixin' stuff together till it blows up or smells REALLY bad!

Offline mcbain

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: hope bc
  • Kudos: 136
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2017, 07:27:41 PM »
Hi.Ken It was me that suggested your coin might run 50% iron.Tinnman did not make that statement.I am fasinated by the topic but all my magnet testing has bee a dismal failure.Still I am not knocking you. or the possibilitys.Just saying Luck,Mcbain.
I started out with nothing Istill have most of it.

Offline bruno

• Province/State: Coquitlam
  • Kudos: 14
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2017, 06:32:45 AM »
This really is a fascinating subject, I am glad that GMS  is looking into it, I do enjoy reading the posts of Tinman and KK but sure could do without the name calling, can't we all just be friends and put the ego aside. You both could be right in your opinions on the effect of magnets on gold. Did you know that just by observing an experiment you can change its outcome and your belief  in something has a huge influence as well. The Fossiker's magnetic sluice actually works but really seems impractical unless you enjoy working for less than minimum wage with no hope of it getting any better, I have put hundreds of hours and thousands of dollars into the quest for gold and so far what I have to show for it is great health and the ability to get out of the city and enjoy the peacefulness of nature. I am still looking for that big find and really believe I will get it.

Offline jobinyt

• PPT Invited
  • Kudos: 20
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2017, 07:59:21 AM »
Hmmm - I missed the original thread. Sounds interesting.  I don't understand why there might not be some use to magnets in sluice boxes. Gold may not be directly affected by magnets - but like copper, I'd expect eddy currents to be induced in gold moving through a magnetic field and then influencing gold motion within the magnetic field.. I'll watch for the next thread  - sounds plausible and interesting to me.

Gear Pan
Gold Rat