collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

Dot Guests: 125 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 12582
  • stats Total Posts: 124324
  • stats Total Topics: 17289
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Author Topic: theft bizarre  (Read 594 times)

Offline mcbain

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: hope bc
  • Kudos: 83
theft bizarre
« on: August 12, 2017, 07:53:31 PM »
Hi.Guys.I am not losing it yet but the things that go missing tend to make me think so.Last weekend I took a brand new roll of Gorilla tape to the claim.I had TJ put it under a bucket in our leanto.I watched him hide it.This morning he asked if he could use some tape for a boat he was building.He always asks first.I replied it is under the bucket.No it was not.I leave fishing rods and gear and all kinds of tools,axes, saws etc.in that shelter.Nothing was missing except that roll of tape.Now I no the wee forest folk love to hide things on me but that tape was way to heavy for them.This sort of thing happens every couple months.Last fall my folding aluminum ladder disappered.understandable being aluminum but they left the the 800.00 dollar chainsaw that was with the ladder behind???Makes no sence..Do I have a ghost or is somebody just screwing with me?Totally baffled,thinking of a trail cam.Luck,Mcbain.
I started out with nothing Istill have most of it.

Offline kcm

• Province/State: NW Minnesota
  • Kudos: 30
Re: theft bizarre
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2017, 09:42:44 PM »
Don't feel too bad. You know those long-handled squeegees that truckers use at the truck stops? I bought one last month - the nice kind with strong, extending aluminum handle. Went to use it today for the first time - nowhere to be found. Spent 3 hours looking for the dang thing. Was about ready to ship the wife off to Africa or something!

Hmm.....what's this?!?!?  ???

There in a storage trailer, right behind a 6' aluminum straightedge, was the squeegee. Hmm, no wonder I didn't see it. I was looking for an aluminum handle, certain that it would stand out. But no, it was being shy and hiding behind another piece of aluminum..........right where I put it!  ^#! [^Crazy!#]

Maybe the wife needs to ship ME off to Africa!!  [&whistle#]

kcm
The life of the nation is secure only while the nation is honest, truthful, and virtuous.

The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a person's determination.

Offline ryanonthevedder

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Chilliwack
  • Kudos: 17
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2017, 08:09:00 AM »
Time to lay off the grass boys.... <-laugh->

Offline SDHillbilly

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: black hills South Dakota
  • Kudos: 9
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2017, 09:32:06 AM »
 <-hypnotized-> <-hypnotized-> <-hypnotized-> <-hypnotized-> <-hypnotized-> <-hypnotized-> <-hypnotized-> <-hypnotized->  <~ShOcK~>  <-laugh-> <-laugh->
just keep digging

Offline Hillbound

• Province/State: BC
  • Kudos: 2
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2017, 09:59:30 AM »
My wife calls it male induced blindness. And my old man always said a short pencil is better than a long memory.
Never Forget the Power of a Dream

Offline mcbain

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: hope bc
  • Kudos: 83
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2017, 08:32:09 PM »
Naw.I do not smoke the green and never have a bevvy before 2 in the afternoon.I think it is folks camping across the river.The river is so low they can walk across with hardly getting wet.They can not see my setup but still come across.Last month my 2 gal. bucket of black sand went missing.I got a witness to this.In its place was a tee shirt and a old tin can.not mine.I am thinking kids.They only take what they can use.and judging by grandson a roll of tape,they can make alot of things with.Just saying .Luck,Mcbain.
I started out with nothing Istill have most of it.

Offline sunshine

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Ontario, but also prospect in BC
  • Kudos: 29
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2017, 11:14:08 AM »
I think you need to figure out who is messing with you and use the next roll of tape to stick him upside down to a big tree.
See my YouTube channel for fun amateur video:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnz8kX6AZOeZbRt0F9XqVJA