collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

Dot Guests: 99 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 12799
  • stats Total Posts: 127453
  • stats Total Topics: 17826
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Gear Pan
The lil Gold Spinner
The lil Gold Spinner
The Pocket Sluice

Author Topic: Some nice finds Marshall Creek and Cayoosh  (Read 3570 times)

Offline claimer88

• Kudos: 0
Re: Some nice finds Marshall Creek and Cayoosh
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2018, 07:58:47 AM »
heading that way next week, any pointers as to where some good spots to check out, thanks

Offline BCGQC

• Kudos: 2
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2018, 10:35:57 AM »
Cayoosh creek at Seton lake campground is an easy spot to go.  You find gold there easy .  Would bring my pan and go with you i go there a lot. When do you go?

Offline CMMC

• Province/State: Delta, British Columbia
  • Kudos: 19
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2018, 12:04:43 PM »
Cayoosh creek at Seton lake campground is an easy spot to go.  You find gold there easy .  Would bring my pan and go with you i go there a lot. When do you go?

Yes it is an easy place to go to. Also, I OWN THAT AREA. lol. I have a 3 cell mineral claim there. Then another person owns a 2 cell claim upstream from mine as 1 cell separates us. That one cell is private property owned by B.C. Hydro, so no trespassing. The vacant cells below mine are reserve land and no panning is allowed whatsoever. You go there a lot? There are many deep holes on my claim that some idiot did not fill in. There are no vacant spots on Cayoosh Creek to pan from where Cayoosh Creek enters the Seton River to the far west where Cinnamon Creek enters Cayoosh Creek except for the 1 cell between my claim and the other persons claim above mine by the campground.

Offline suburbanator

• Adventurer
  • Province/State: BC
  • Kudos: 10
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2018, 12:32:30 PM »
claim jumper.jpg

ooops.  Lol.

Hopefully there is some unstaked ground up there somewhere.
HIGHBANKER FOR SALE,  PM ME OR CHECK OUT
FOR SALE SECTION!

Offline Brad F

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Harrison Mills, BC
  • Kudos: 11
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2018, 12:33:46 PM »
    Please read this government bulletin and check to make sure that the area you want to pan on is not covered by an active placer/mineral claim, or private property. Lines # 1, #4, and #5 clearly should explain the facts of life.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          https://www2.gov.bc.ca/assets/gov/farming-natural-resources-and-industry/mineral-exploration-mining/documents/mineral-titles/notices-mineral-placer-titles/information-updates/infoupdate2.pdf                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      I'm sorry in advance if I've offended anyone by posting this government issued bulletin of The Mines Act

You can take the trash out of the trailer ( Claim Flippers) , but you can't take the trailer (Claim Flippers) out of the trash...

Offline BCGQC

« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2018, 01:33:07 PM »
The one cell you mentioned  is not claimed.  Just need to ask bc hydro permission  and its totaly fine.

Offline suburbanator

• Adventurer
  • Province/State: BC
  • Kudos: 10
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2018, 01:38:14 PM »
While we are on the topic of Cayoosh.  I had a guy ask me to come up that way and do some work at his place,  south of Cayoosh on the Fraser.

Any idea what the terrain is like?  and also whats camping like up there,  do I need to book ahead?  alternatively I suppose there are some little motels in town.

Heading up there end of September.

HIGHBANKER FOR SALE,  PM ME OR CHECK OUT
FOR SALE SECTION!

Offline CMMC

« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2018, 01:40:38 PM »
The one cell you mentioned  is not claimed.  Just need to ask bc hydro permission  and its totaly fine.

Correct. It is not claimed. B.C.Hydro shouldn't have a problem with it and if they do then nobody can pan on that 1 cell unclaimed area at all. The only way you can is to buy that 1 cell claim then put a notice to B.C. Hydro stating you will be entering your claim, in which it will be fine.

Offline CMMC

« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2018, 01:44:43 PM »
While we are on the topic of Cayoosh.  I had a guy ask me to come up that way and do some work at his place,  south of Cayoosh on the Fraser.

Any idea what the terrain is like?  and also whats camping like up there,  do I need to book ahead?  alternatively I suppose there are some little motels in town.

Heading up there end of September.

The B.C. Hydro Seton Lake Campsite is free. They have washrooms there and water sources. Also, picnic tables and campfire pits per campsite. The terrain is steep on the Cayoosh for the most part. The campsite area is easy terrain. South of it on the Fraser I do not know 100% even though I have to drive past it to get to Cayoosh. 2 times I have been to the Cayoosh now. If my memory serves me right then it is mostly steep on the other side of the Fraser River and on the highway side the terrain is a mixture of steep and not steep. For the most part it looks fine.

Offline BCGQC

« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2018, 02:01:37 PM »
I must admit that i didnt check mto before posting on the forum because this area was unclaimed for years so i assumed it was still the case,  i see you staked that ground abouth a month ago so from now on no more panning at the seton campground unless you give me permission lol

Gear Pan
Gold Rat