collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

SDHillbilly

Dot Guests: 165 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 12501
  • stats Total Posts: 124043
  • stats Total Topics: 17146
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Author Topic: Gravity Fed Water Systems  (Read 357 times)

Offline tinman_II

• PPT Invited
  • Kudos: 16
Re: Gravity Fed Water Systems
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2017, 10:51:34 PM »
Hey Cade how about harnessing that 129.9 psi to a nice split cup pelton wheel with six nozzles to generate electricity to power your gold pan.

Maybe even sell your surplus kilowatts back to hydro. <-yahoo_>

Offline Cade

• Province/State: Victoria BC
  • Kudos: 6
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2017, 07:12:54 AM »
Now were talkin!!  lol!!!@*

Offline tinman_II

• PPT Invited
  • Kudos: 16
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2017, 10:48:17 AM »
I found an older irrigation reel in Chilliwhack for $1500.00, the line is pulled in with water pressure running a small turbine once the water cannon has been retracted back to the reel it activates a bar that shuts the water off.

When the water has been shut off the pressure switch at the pump reacts to the increased pressure shutting the pump off, on another irrigation line I had installed 6 inch PVC with 4" branches  with hydrants underground from a gravity fed creek with approximately 100 ft of elevation.

Even with a screened intake some small fingerling fish would sometimes find their way to the sprinkler nozzles clogging them solid.

Gophers were another problem, be sure to cap the ends of your irrigation system when not in use. Critters like to make a home inside the empty pipes.

When ever I had assembled aluminum irrigation pipe would always leave the end cap off then turn the water on to purge the pipe from any obstructions. One time I had put an onion sack over the end and caught me three sopping wet gophers.