collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

Dot Guests: 193 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 13065
  • stats Total Posts: 131854
  • stats Total Topics: 18425
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Mining Claims
Gear Pan
The lil Gold Spinner
BC GOLD
The lil Gold Spinner
The Pocket Sluice

Author Topic: Slumach's lost gold mine has been found.  (Read 33471 times)

Offline Fraser Raised

• Province/State: Alberta
  • Kudos: 5
Re: Slumach's lost gold mine has been found.
« Reply #70 on: April 06, 2018, 11:04:24 PM »
I hope you made it in and out OK.  You say you've spent time in the would.  Well I can tell ya the forests of the prairies or even northern and central B.C. are not the forests of the B.C. coast. Nothing like them in the the world. Dark dangerous and remote. Very easy to get hurt and never found out there. Those dark thick forests make it impossible for aircraft to spot you. And search parties have a real time of it trying to locate people. Many is the time people have gone missing there and never been seen again. Just a word of warning in case you've never been in those coast forests.

Offline QuinanBear

• Kudos: 4
« Reply #71 on: April 07, 2018, 04:49:51 PM »
Went in twice last year and got good documentation on the area. This year we are going for more pictures and video. A production team wants to go in and film it all. Not sure what will take place with that exactly but at least I have  gotten through about half of my book so far and this year I should have enough to finish it off. Itís been slow going at first due to getting permission to add the people Iíve met along the way, in it. Since itís a documentary itís best to keep it all historical and give the facts.   As for the replies on how the terrain is out there, well a guy needs to plan on doubling or even tripling the normal distance walked per km due to the huge rocks and thick bush.

Offline Fraser Raised

« Reply #72 on: April 07, 2018, 10:56:26 PM »
Well McBain don't brand something nonsense just because you don't believe it. Look at Easter Island. Not a tree to be had but they moved those heads to the sea side. They cut down trees and used them as rollers. Man has forgot more technology that was created by the ancients then we can imagine. That being said. I don't believe the bible was nonsense. I do believe a lot was people trying to rationalize things they had seen. So these stories to explain it were created. Religions a dangerous topic. Especially these days. I think it one we should avoid on the forum. Just my opinion. My grandfather always told me there were 2 things ya never argue. Religion and politics. No one ever wins. I have often found him to be right over the years lol.

Offline Fraser Raised

« Reply #73 on: April 07, 2018, 11:02:41 PM »
Next time you decide to head in ya might want think about the SnR boys that risk their lives to get you out or the chopper pilots and the cost to use a helo to get you out. Just a thought.

Offline QuinanBear

« Reply #74 on: April 08, 2018, 01:48:21 PM »
Everyone needs to think about the SnR boys and pilots when heading into those mountains. Itís never good to go in and need them to get out but sometimes no matter how well you plan your trip it does happen every now and then, that they are called in to help. This trip is well planned with a flight in and out already arranged. My last trip was taken alone and it almost took my life and the boys were called to take me to the hospital. Itís not an experience I care to repeat. Although the area is truly a death trap I will be taking a friend with me and together we should be ok

Offline mcbain

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: hope bc
  • Kudos: 146
« Reply #75 on: April 08, 2018, 08:11:20 PM »
Hi.Fr.You are just getting in to prospecting.Tell me what you would do if you found a bunch of nuggets?Walter Brown claimed they were the size of walnuts.Nobody has seen them.Same as all the others that claim to have found this invisible mine.Nobody come out with the gold.Some claim it was to heavy and they had to leave it behind.That is the start of my disbelieve.In all honesty would you leave the smallest nugget behind?I did not think so.Yet all the others that found this mine  left the gold behind.Just saying.Luck,Mcbain.
I started out with nothing Istill have most of it.

Offline QuinanBear

« Reply #76 on: April 08, 2018, 10:22:43 PM »
Itís ok I understand where youíre coming from and I am going to say that if you follow the stories and the letter, to the letter, then youíre in the wrong place just like everyone else has been and will be. It take a little investigation into what makes sense and what doesnít quite fit right. A good prospector knows how to read the land and rock formations. Follow the rainbow to the pot of gold is one of the most misunderstood sayings but we all have heard of it. Well itís a prospectorís golden rule and only a true prospector would know that . DID YOU???   

Offline 1829digger

• Province/State: bc
  • Kudos: 11
« Reply #77 on: April 09, 2018, 03:44:49 PM »
A good prospector doesnt almost get him self killed and become another statistic of city slickers goin into bush looking for "lost gold"

Offline 1829digger

• Province/State: bc
  • Kudos: 11
« Reply #78 on: April 09, 2018, 03:53:18 PM »
When you started this thread you promised pictures. 
Heck even mark would show pictures of his redhead black bear. If he knew how to load them up on here.   😆😉

Offline QuinanBear

« Reply #79 on: April 09, 2018, 05:24:15 PM »
Yeah I will show some of my pictures after everything is completed. Most though will be in the book. After all is done I will show you lots of close ups but nothing that will give away the area. At least not in here on the forum. The book describes the changes made in the Slumach stories and the Jackson letter to throw people off from its actual location as well what is accurate in them.  It will show all the markers described and where they are found along with pictures of each one ( I have found them all except the bench shaped rock that Slumach slept on but I got a good idea where it is. Other then that, the rest of them are there.  Oh and with concerns of city slickers I am far from a city boy and know way more then most when it comes to the land and the animals and as a prospector, knowing how to read the rocks and the land.

Gear Pan
Gold Rat