collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

Dot Guests: 146 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 12534
  • stats Total Posts: 124380
  • stats Total Topics: 17208
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Author Topic: Slumach's lost gold mine has been found.  (Read 2416 times)

Offline QuinanBear

• Kudos: 0
Re: Slumach's lost gold mine has been found.
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2017, 04:49:22 PM »
 I would like to make something clear about what I am going in the mountains to do.

I am not looking for potential locations where Slumach's gold mine  could be.. (So don't ask to come and help find the area).  I have the area and I am just going in to take pictures and video of it all so everyone can see that the lost mine has been found.
 It has been over 100 yrs since the tale broke out and if you think that you can go in there today and see gold just laying on top of bare bedrock waiting for you to pick it all up, then you better wake up and smell the coffee. Any place that would of had that amount of gold out on top of bedrock for you to see, then I am certain someone with a helicopter or even the military would have found it long ago. Although, if there was that amount of gold showing, then there is tons of it in the soil and under larger rocks.

Once you see where this little hidden area is, you will palm yourself in the forehead and say " I should of had a V8"or " Why didn't I see that" lol

Offline garth64

• Kudos: 4
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2017, 06:55:04 PM »
will bet ya eddy money your just north of stave lake.

Offline ykplacer

• Kudos: 13
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2017, 07:30:21 PM »
I would like to make something clear about what I am going in the mountains to do.

I am not looking for potential locations where Slumach's gold mine  could be.. (So don't ask to come and help find the area).  I have the area and I am just going in to take pictures and video of it all so everyone can see that the lost mine has been found.
 It has been over 100 yrs since the tale broke out and if you think that you can go in there today and see gold just laying on top of bare bedrock waiting for you to pick it all up, then you better wake up and smell the coffee. Any place that would of had that amount of gold out on top of bedrock for you to see, then I am certain someone with a helicopter or even the military would have found it long ago. Although, if there was that amount of gold showing, then there is tons of it in the soil and under larger rocks.

Once you see where this little hidden area is, you will palm yourself in the forehead and say " I should of had a V8"or " Why didn't I see that" lol

Have you already staked this ground off(claimed it) ?  I hope so...........Do it before ya let everyone know..... :D

Offline mcbain

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: hope bc
  • Kudos: 78
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2017, 09:01:08 PM »
Do not think it can be staked.I think it is in a park.That would not stop crom and goons.That being said some years back a guy I know well had a claim high up in the mountains above such area.He never heard of slumach.He wondered off his claim and ended up in a deep creek ravine and needed air support to get out.Had to wait a day so he kept prospecting and found nothing..On his return he read the story and swears that is exactly where he was.The pilot that flew himout died in a crash and cannot confirm the location and mike the claim owner found nothing.and has no desire to go back.Just saying  Luck ,Mcbain.
I started out with nothing Istill have most of it.

Offline TBark

• Kudos: 5
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2017, 10:31:04 PM »
DF got you hooked on the tale, that's for sure.

TBark

Offline QuinanBear

« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2017, 10:47:50 AM »
The better part of the area is in a park but where the creek runs out of the park at the end, has a good panning area that is out of the park. I will put a claim there .  This was the only place I could find that had all the markers in their right places as they would of see them when Slumach and Jackson were there.

Offline sunshine

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Ontario, but also prospect in BC
  • Kudos: 29
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2017, 02:02:55 PM »
I cannot wait to hear your adventure.  For your walk in, please assume it will take about twice as long as you conservatively estimate.  All kinds of things affect time to destination, including up and down, not being able to walk in a straight line and perhaps some backtracking.  Also, try to avoid areas with low bush birch.  It is like willow with lots of branches that get pushed down and intertwined by the snow.  On Google Earth, the area might look like a pasture but if that stuff is in your way, it makes walking any distance a nightmare.  Good luck.
See my YouTube channel for fun amateur video:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnz8kX6AZOeZbRt0F9XqVJA

Offline QuinanBear

« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2017, 04:28:19 PM »
I cannot wait to hear your adventure.  For your walk in, please assume it will take about twice as long as you conservatively estimate.  All kinds of things affect time to destination, including up and down, not being able to walk in a straight line and perhaps some backtracking.  Also, try to avoid areas with low bush birch.  It is like willow with lots of branches that get pushed down and intertwined by the snow.  On Google Earth, the area might look like a pasture but if that stuff is in your way, it makes walking any distance a nightmare.  Good luck.
Thanks Sunshine. I have given myself an average pace of 20ft every 3 minutes for making the trip and then added an extra day for the unexpected or to have extra time for exploring. As far as the bush goes, I do have an options of either bushes (not sure on height or type) or following the creek where bedrock is seen in many areas or I can stay up on a rock slide that runs the entire canyon. All in all I will be fine, I am a true woodsman (Metis)  that spent 13yrs trapping alone with just a rifle and ate mostly freshly killed animals. I know many things could go wrong and I hope I have the right kit with me for anything that might happen.
 The rocks tell me that this gold has been buried in order to keep it hidden but I'm sure there will be some gold around that can be found just to show that the area has nice nuggets.
 One more thing about the area and the markers mentioned by Jackson.
 The three sharp peaks, each about 50 to 100 feet high, that is seen a few miles away  and with the treasure to the lower right of them, will only be seen when you get to the entrance of the canyon which is about 2 miles long or a little more, depending on how you look at it. I do have the owner of a film company that wants to come but I will go in alone at first and see if my filming is good enough.

Offline mcbain

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: hope bc
  • Kudos: 78
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2017, 07:36:17 PM »
Hi.Rumour is that Slumach Kidnapped  several gals and carried them off to his hiding spot.All hearsay of course and it is a long way in there..I  do not think they would of made it..He would have had his fun and disposed of them along the way.Keep your eyes open for something resembelling a grave site.A find of small human bones would give some crediability too the whole story.Just saying.Luck,Mcbain.
I started out with nothing Istill have most of it.

Offline ykplacer

• Kudos: 13
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2017, 08:26:31 PM »
Hi.Rumour is that Slumach Kidnapped  several gals and carried them off to his hiding spot.All hearsay of course and it is a long way in there..I  do not think they would of made it..He would have had his fun and disposed of them along the way.Keep your eyes open for something resembelling a grave site.A find of small human bones would give some crediability too the whole story.Just saying.Luck,Mcbain.

This could be a video how he was gold mining...lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xx-3THfnHyM