collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

Dot Guests: 222 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 13065
  • stats Total Posts: 131854
  • stats Total Topics: 18425
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Mining Claims
Gear Pan
The lil Gold Spinner
BC GOLD
The lil Gold Spinner
The Pocket Sluice

Author Topic: Winter in Yale  (Read 343 times)

Offline upnorth

• Province/State: Fraser river bc
  • Kudos: 6
Winter in Yale
« on: December 22, 2019, 12:55:35 AM »
Woke up to 2 inches of snow this morning, melted fast . Ground not frozen yet.  Why are no claim owners out working? Lower fraser down three feet. Fairweather miners I guess. 😁  If the rain keeps up, most of these roads will be impassable in the spring. The loggers won't fix them, until they need them, my guess.

Offline Turtle

• Province/State: Bc
  • Kudos: 0
Re: Winter in Yale
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2019, 05:02:39 AM »
Rain in chilliwack.  I would like to buy a claim on lower Fraser. If anyone has a cheap one let me know 😁 . I went to Yale panning area last week. Four others there. Barry's is closed Sundays now until spring.

I'm all ready to go mining upnorth. Pm me

Offline upnorth

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2019, 02:46:59 PM »
Be careful buying a claim. Access is a problem for most fraser claims .
I have heard of a few miners with big dreams only to find their claim was mined out.
Pm sent.

Offline suburbanator

• Adventurer
  • Province/State: BC
  • Kudos: 21
  • https://youtu.be/RhFRkgpURW0
    • youtube channel
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2019, 03:16:35 PM »
Be careful buying a claim. Access is a problem for most fraser claims .
I have heard of a few miners with big dreams only to find their claim was mined out.
Pm sent.

Always check out the claim in person,  full stop.

Check MTO and ensure there is not any private property or IR lands restricting access.

If the claim requires you to cross private property,  don't take sellers word for permission, file a new section 19 or at least contact the property owner personally.

Those are lessons from my experiences so far...

Also,  if the person selling the claim REALLY tested it,  have them file a work report to extend that date,  I see a lot of cells moving from seller to buyer without any extension,  which usually means a new prospector doesn't even know about work reports and then just loses it a 9-10 months later.  If someone has not worked or tested it,  its worth $100.00 IMO... which is what they paid.

There are lots of claims for sale,  most Fraser Claims are $1000-2500 depending on lots of variables.
I paid $1200 for a full drive up claim,  but its south fraser so the gold is fine... that being said its fair value for a claim I can get to in less than 80 mins and find specs in every pan no matter where I dig.

I have one near Sailor bar I would sell or sell a % of,  it only has around 350' of workable ground (its on a angle) but you can park within 100m.  Before we even get that far,  PM me and you go work it a couple times and make sure you even like it.  I would gladly take you there if you need help.   

You can also PM me  if you like and your welcome to tag along one trip with us, you don't need to buy a claim to do that..I currently have 3-4 of my cells being used by friends..lol....

We won't be back up Fraser until January however.

Offline JOE S (INDY)

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Trapper Creek, Alaska with Winters in Idaho
  • Kudos: 85
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2019, 04:59:49 PM »
Turtle,

Suburbanator and others who will go the trouble to PM and give hard found advice have provided you some mighty good guidance and a (possible) mighty fine offer, too.

There is a time to plow full speed ahead - and a time to be cautious and prepared.  Caution in the beginning and then, in stages, full speed ahead.

Oh, also, never invest what you can't (and aren't prepared to) loose because, when dealing with mining things there are no warranties, expressed or implied.

Joe

Wiser Mining Through Endless Personal Mistakes

Offline mcbain

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: hope bc
  • Kudos: 146
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2019, 09:07:27 PM »
Lesson #3 kind of arepeat of the above.if someone selling a claim is not willing to let you check it out.Run away as fast as you can.Luck,Mcbain.
I started out with nothing Istill have most of it.

Offline upnorth

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2019, 05:44:29 AM »
Lots of help from members here😁
 They know more then me on  the fraser.

Gear Pan
Gold Rat