collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

Dot Guests: 154 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 12694
  • stats Total Posts: 125727
  • stats Total Topics: 17525
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Author Topic: High Banking with no water,heres how we managed.  (Read 862 times)

Offline Mightymike

• Kudos: 1
High Banking with no water,heres how we managed.
« on: February 02, 2018, 06:30:36 AM »
 <-thinking->

So we went out prospecting/High Banking

No Water /No problem we made a plan so we could get some testing done. Check out my Vid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pY6JU75gHYI

Go where others Wont,Find what others Cant!!

Offline geezir

• Kudos: 39
Re: High Banking with no water,heres how we managed.
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2018, 02:29:00 PM »
Goodness sake I am dizzy. That is recycling.

Offline mcbain

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: hope bc
  • Kudos: 96
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2018, 06:32:27 PM »
Hi.Great vid.I have had to use a bucket myself from time to time.Not recommended due to interrupted water flow.But you did it right with the catch tub.Luck,Mcbain.
I started out with nothing Istill have most of it.

Offline GollyMrScience

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Near Edmonton Alberta
  • Kudos: 158
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2018, 08:08:09 AM »
It looks like you have worked very hard to get a setup that will work for you and great to see you having a good time and getting gold.  Well done!
Water is always a big challenge.

When water is scarce its all about getting the most work out of the water you have. The decision to go to a low water system in dry land situations is often made for you if there is even a hint of moisture in the material and dry washing is hampered.

A lot of lessons there from the now largely neglected rocker but darn those things, when run right, are a low water volume operator's friend. The one man shoveling and the other rocking works well and you can reuse that water over and over.  In fact, in situations where it has been the case of backpacking water in to the site the use of two "tanks" to hold water works pretty good. Rock  over one tank until the end of the day or until the water is getting "thick" and then just lift the rocker over to the other tank and work out of it letting the other tank settle out.  Move the water in the settled tank into a bucket and clean out the muck in the bottom and away you go again.

In really dry situations even scooping the water through a cloth filter to clean it up as best you can before using again. In dry your eyeballs out dry places people even scoop their wet tailings into a bucket and let it settle with some banging and shaking to cause that stuff to really settle and bring water to the surface of the compacted tailings and then decanting that water off too. All sorts of permutations on that basic theme of use, settle, decant and recycle. Everybody develops a method to hang onto every drop of water, especially if it had to be hauled in on their backs.

I don't know how many times I have gone all 21st century and hauled batteries and mini sluices and tiny pumps and all the accessories into the back country because its "easier" to operate with and spent a big hunk of my time hauling batteries and machinery and battery chargers and running out of juice or having a breakdown and thinking to myself I could have had a good arm workout and 99% less hassle with 50 bucks in materials and a dang old tin can on a stick dipper! lolll

That said whatever makes the job more fun and easier is the way to go and there is no one way to get it done. Prospectors are a breed of tinkering, changing, tweaking,  re-designing folks and it is amazing to see the inventiveness and enterprise of people chasing the yellow metal.

What the heck - lets just keep mixin' stuff together till it blows up or smells REALLY bad!

Offline Mightymike

• Kudos: 1
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2018, 02:49:54 AM »
 :D
Thanks guys yes its hard when you in a dry area and you have to transport water to site to operate. But still a great day out
Enjoyed it got dirty and had a lot of fun.

Will post more on my channel in the future and best of luck guys
Go where others Wont,Find what others Cant!!