collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

Dot Guests: 162 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 12550
  • stats Total Posts: 124609
  • stats Total Topics: 17236
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Author Topic: Slumach's lost gold mine has been found.  (Read 2761 times)

Offline QuinanBear

• Kudos: 0
Slumach's lost gold mine has been found.
« on: July 13, 2017, 09:15:28 AM »
 I have spend quite some time researching geological maps, studying the BCGS maps and using google earth. After some long hours of searching the area around Pitt lake, I have come to a place that had a high grade sample taken from the lower end of the creek  Within the canyon you can see the following markers.
 A creek with no outlet at the bottom of the canyon.
 A large bench shaped rock with rusty colored moss, from which you can see three sharp peaks on the east canyon wall that is lit up by the sun at first light while you're still in darkness.
 Three peaks  to the west on a lower ridge about 50 to 100 feet in height and the treasure area is to the lower right of those. They are first seen a few miles away before you get there.
 Once you get to the creek the water there is almost white and going up you come to a place where the bedrock is bare and it is very well hidden because of it's location with sharp ridges and high mountains all around it.

I am taking a hike there at the end of July 2017 to document it all. A quick trip from Grande Prairie AB should take 5 days. I will show pics once I'm back.

Offline Cade

• Province/State: Victoria BC
  • Kudos: 6
Re: Slumach's lost gold mine has been found.
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2017, 09:26:37 AM »
Good luck! Keep us posted.  <-wave->

Offline ryanonthevedder

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Chilliwack
  • Kudos: 17
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2017, 03:40:23 PM »
Thanks for the info I'm leaving tonight! <-yes_>

Offline mcbain

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: hope bc
  • Kudos: 80
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2017, 08:32:43 PM »
 lol!!!@* lol!!!@* lol!!!@* lol!!!@* lol!!!@* lol!!!@* lol!!!@* lol!!!@* lol!!!@* lol!!!@* lol!!!@* lol!!!@*.You watched to many of D.F.s  bullshit vids.Happy camping.Luck Mcbain.
I started out with nothing Istill have most of it.

Offline sunshine

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Ontario, but also prospect in BC
  • Kudos: 29
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2017, 09:43:00 AM »
It should be an interesting hike.  Rough area so be careful.  Look out for his ghost. 
See my YouTube channel for fun amateur video:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnz8kX6AZOeZbRt0F9XqVJA

Offline garth64

• Kudos: 4
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2017, 10:21:49 AM »
To late Ryan I have a visual on the peaks. You may as well turn around.

Offline QuinanBear

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2017, 02:23:22 PM »
 Just my luck.... Getting ready for my trip into the mountains and fires and closers are all over the area. I hope that it's all over by the time I go down there, who knows , maybe the ground is cleared and it will be easier going.  I have a feeling the creeks will be low as well so good chance to see more.
 I will add that the "Large bench shaped rock" is roughly 35ft long, 8ft wide, 5ft high at the lower bench part and about 10ft in total height. It sits about 100ft from the creek on a slight incline. The three peaks that Slumach saw  that the morning sun first lights up, can be seen from this rock. There is rust colored moss on parts of this rock. Here is a drawing of what the bench shaped rock kind of looks like.

Quick question.
 What is the average distance a person can travel in areas of rock slides?

Offline QuinanBear

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2017, 02:33:09 PM »
lol!!!@* lol!!!@* lol!!!@* lol!!!@* lol!!!@* lol!!!@* lol!!!@* lol!!!@* lol!!!@* lol!!!@* lol!!!@* lol!!!@*.You watched to many of D.F.s  bullshit vids.Happy camping.Luck Mcbain.
D.F. Has no clue what prospecting or Treasure hunting is. If he did they would be doing what I will be doing and that is showing the area. Not showing people  looking at maps and then heading there to check. The sad thing, is that they are into season 2 of the show and still nothing, I find that SOOOO funny. The good thing is I will have a lot of viewers when I show my location. All because these guys kind of reeled in the  people and got them hooked on the tale.  Then I come in the picture and show this spot after only a few months of research, instead of 40/50 years or more like D.F. and his band of merry men. lol

Offline jobinyt

• PPT Invited
  • Kudos: 12
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2017, 03:14:11 PM »
Lol - post burn sounds good - not so much brush and branch to work through. Yep, nothing but filthy ash, dust and charcoal covered fallen logs to crawl over and under. Perhaps 1KM/hour if you work very hard and have not far to go - could be much worse or better depending on actual condition. Have to look to know - pessimistic assessments of such conditions usually overstate what can be accomplished.

Offline QuinanBear

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2017, 04:33:27 PM »
 My estimate was 1km per hour taking in account the odd stop to check spots out and for documentation. My journey is about 3  miles long and I'm thinking to be walking about 12hrs to do it.
 Here is a view of the bench shaped rock using google earth.