collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

Dot Guests: 88 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 12878
  • stats Total Posts: 128692
  • stats Total Topics: 18021
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Gear Pan
The lil Gold Spinner
The lil Gold Spinner
The Pocket Sluice

Author Topic: Uganda - the Land of Rich Soils  (Read 3343 times)

Offline Fisser

• Province/State: British Columbia
  • Kudos: 0
Re: Uganda - the Land of Rich Soils
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2017, 09:37:43 PM »
Great post!  Thank you for sharing! Africa sure has some huge posibilities.

Offline goldivanti

• Province/State: Geita
  • Kudos: 1
  • Go and get gold now!
    • Start Your Own Gold Mine
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2017, 10:33:41 PM »
Great post!  Thank you for sharing! Africa sure has some huge posibilities.

Thank you.

Yes, instead of seasons of few months like in Alaska, over here season is all 12 months. I am focusing on Tanzania, and in Uganda we are just opening a new line of opportunities. Uganda is better for foreign investors, but less researched like Tanzania.

High gold grade is often found. Sometimes one bag of excavated material of 100 kilograms is sold for one million Tanzanian shillings, which is about CAD $590 or US $447 -- and mineral processing sites purchase such bags and still make money on it. Then they repeat it for next 6 months or a year. And only surface of ores are scratched.

I have imported most of compressors, pneumatic hammers, sluices and recovery equipment, but I am missing so much rock crushing machinery from China, so that is my next step, to have 5 tonnes per hour in capacity. And we have control over such good mining sites.

Problem is that there is lack of organization, they have 1000 people working on a site, but not even one bathroom. So we need to take full control or no business can be done. Bathroom is just an indication, there are many wrong decisions, such as allowing an improvised lodges to be built for 50 dollars one time, forever, on top of mining land. Makes no sense.  So I am changing conditions to make it more organized.
Start Your Own Gold Mine
https://www.startyourowngoldmine.com

Offline goldivanti

• Go and get gold now!
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2017, 02:33:45 PM »
Wooden goats, usable for any kind of improvisation on the field
Start Your Own Gold Mine

Offline goldivanti

• Go and get gold now!
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2017, 02:54:30 PM »
IMG_20171221_164736544.jpg
The HDPE pipe (High Density Polyethylene) is the only good solution in the forest of Uganda. It will not pierce as easily, people may even step over it, it has less inner tension for water, it simply delivers more water on distance than soft hoses.

IMG_20171222_134919263.jpg
The hydro nozzle on the beach sand of the river in Uganda delivers fine gold directly onto the sluice.

IMG_20171222_140159929.jpg

IMG_20171222_174220006.jpg

Simplest way to pierce holes in the spray bar with the candle in the middle. The punch plate test in this improvised hopper shows difficulties in handling material. Much better is the solution with grizzly bars or spanned strings, as small rocks will not get stuck in the holes, blocking the other materials.

IMG_20171222_182027686.jpg

40-50 kilograms per minute is quite possible, it ends with 4-5 tonnes per hour. The target volume is 6 tonnes per hour.

IMG_20171223_094506203.jpg
Local ways to connect all kind of pipes and hoses together.

IMG_20171223_165553224.jpg
My way to connect the suction hose to the spray bars.

IMG_20171224_114155890.jpg
The real work, miners are shoveling the gravel and sand after processing into the "wet mill" which is locally made hammer crusher, which I call liability crusher. Expenses of maintenance may be 3,5 million Ugandan shillings per month which is US $960, it gives poor crushing, and handles about 2 tonnes per hour.

The environment is totally pollute with mercury due to techniques and the laws not being adequately set. In Tanzania, miners are at least disposing of mercury into the designated pools, while here it is poured back into nature. Simple tests reveal that much gold is lost, mercury as well, it goes directly into rivers, cows, animals, etc.

IMG_20171224_131335664.jpg
The gold recovery system completely replaces any machinery, at least for 20-30 grams per day.

IMG_20171224_140710138.jpg
The fine gold is recovered, the result is that beach sand contains gold, and tailing heaps are workable and profitable.

Start Your Own Gold Mine

Offline goldivanti

• Go and get gold now!
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2019, 05:10:21 AM »
In January 2018, I have visited this organization, claiming to provide mercury free gold and ethical production.

They did have the equipment, such as concentrators, but that was not usable for artisanal miners. The concept of the artisanal mining is that everything that have been processed in that single day, better be recovered immediately. Normally every artisanal miner is working for himself, even if associated by one way or other, the production is more separated into groups.

Small groups or individuals are thus processing numbers of bags or basins, and each of them wish to get it concentrated on single sluice, and each of them wish to get their portion of the gold.

That does not fit into the concept of using concentrator which is not meant for batch work of few bags. So miners need to use mercury as that is the method they know.

Thus what has to be done is using the larger sluice, to concentrate the heavy minerals, using smaller sluice to upgrade the c oncentrate, and panning down with the gold pan, separating gold by using funnel and bottle, measuring and paying for gold. The method described works very well, and is offering quick cleanup solution for miners. We will engage to teach miners of the area how to separate gold from mercury.

The fine gold recovery system by David Plath is working excellent, recovering both the mercury as waste, and recovering the finest gold particles. When technology is properly applied, no gold is lost from concentrates.

The gold recovery system is just about 200 dollars all together, and allows quick cash recovery within 15 minutes:

Mercury is seen as recovered from concentrates:

On many surrounding places around our site in Amonikakinei, Uganda, children are seen panning and dwelling in the mercury contaminated area, full of dangers. We warn each site holder to remove children from the area. That is hard to enforce. As of today 9th January 2019, one person died in the pit, drowned, while catching gold.

Miners moss or vinyl spaghetti carpet as it can be purchased on Alibaba.com is used to capture nugget size particles:

The so called "Vortex Matting" is term that gold prospecting dealers use to hide the fact that they are cutting conveyor belts as available from http://atlasbelt.com/easily-customized-recycled-belting.php for cheap prices:

Low cost plastic spray bars are used, last for year without problems, and can be assembled within an hour:

Wooden goats are used to carry sluices, simplest classifiers with perforated sheets don't work as good as grizzly bars, but are used to test the soil.

Cleangold technology by David Plath, available from http://cleangold.com/cleangold/home.html works like a charm to capture finest gold particles. This piece is little worn out due to improper usage, but it still works.

We continue to work in the area of Busia, Uganda, handling tailing heaps. I will post results later in time.
Start Your Own Gold Mine

Offline graeme1955

• Province/State: chilliwack bc
  • Kudos: 6
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2019, 08:44:44 AM »
super interesting to see, good article. nice to see someone trying to educate people about the dangers of mercury. it should be talked about more. even in Canada some people are not aware of the dangers of it.

Offline goldivanti

• Go and get gold now!
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2019, 12:53:03 PM »
2019-01-08-15:34:11.jpg

Yes.

If I may repeat here:

Very small gold particles cannot break the tension of mercury to amalgamate with it. Additionaly, particles may be coated with oxides or other impurities preventing the amalgamation. Further, miners are not skilled in panning, they do it once, and much of mercury is lost into the pool. All other people are standing in the water with mercury panning out the concentrates. After few weeks, somebody takes the pool tailingsa and again recovers the gold. Majority of gold nuggets are also not caught in the process, as they just rely on small gold particles, but malleable gold does not get grinded fully with ball mills, so we observe even 1 cm3 of flattened nuggets not otherwise panned out or caught by mercury.

In my opinion, they lack standard sluices and standard gold panning.

Clean gold may be panned out completely in the pan, without using mercury., by standard panning and care.

By using the methods of David Plath, and Gavin Clarkson (grinding & sieving), the gold may be fully recovered from concentrates, to perfection.

For artisanal miners, standard gold panning and funnel to capture gold into small containers is simplest method.

If anybody wish to participate in purchase of 300-500 gold pans, let me know, Price per pan is US $3.5 from China, and I will contribute larger amount to teach the miners Western standard gold panning methods.
Start Your Own Gold Mine

Offline mcbain

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: hope bc
  • Kudos: 121
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2019, 06:57:40 PM »
Hi.If yo purchase pans from China,Boil them hard in soapy water.the oil can be cooked off eventually.Oil floats gold.Just saying ,Luck Mcbain.
I started out with nothing Istill have most of it.

Offline goldivanti

• Go and get gold now!
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2019, 06:17:07 AM »
Hi.If yo purchase pans from China,Boil them hard in soapy water.the oil can be cooked off eventually.Oil floats gold.Just saying ,Luck Mcbain.

Of course, sure. Majority of gold pans sold in US are also produced in China.
Start Your Own Gold Mine

Gear Pan
Gold Rat