collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

1829digger-PeterPan-

Dot Guests: 160 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 12501
  • stats Total Posts: 124034
  • stats Total Topics: 17146
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Author Topic: Building on crown claimed land  (Read 17904 times)

Offline k_t

• Kudos: 0
Building on crown claimed land
« on: December 13, 2007, 08:21:24 PM »
Hi i am wandering if anyone can tell me if building a small shed is allowed on a claim site on crown land?

thanks
Kevin

Offline Bearman405

• New user
Re: Building on crown claimed land
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2007, 06:57:22 PM »
Hello Kevin

My understanding of the mattrer is that as long as it is not a "permanent" building.you are go.......there may be others here that cud put forth their $.02............... {cool^sign}

Offline CK Cowboy

• Province/State: Kamloops, B.C.
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2007, 08:45:48 AM »
Hey Kevin
I understand that as long as it is to protect or house equipment it is a go. Should be able to find more info on the Mineral titles online page for B.C. rules. http://www.mtonline.gov.bc.ca/
Cheers
Yellow rocks are my favorite

Offline Hillbillybob

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2007, 11:37:12 AM »
Thank You for the link.

I looked over it myself and couldn't find out anything about putting up any kind of building.

If someone finds the information could you post it along with a direct link or at least what to click on in the web site.

Hillbillybob

Offline k_t

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2007, 08:46:45 PM »
Hey thanks guys for the replys. I appreciate it. I have been to the bc gov mineral website and have really been unable to
find any info on sheds miner shacks etc..

I would really like to be able to build a shed that I can bunk in as well as hold some equipment.
I understand the use has to be for prospecting and not recreational purposes thats fine I just need
to find out the exact paramaters I guess.

Again thanks and Larry if you read this appreciate the site.

Kevin

Offline CK Cowboy

• Province/State: Kamloops, B.C.
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2008, 07:04:56 AM »
Hey everyone
Happy New Year.
I did a lot of searching on the MOT site and couldn't find the answer either, ??? so I asked someone who is in the know as she does consulting work all over B.C. and the following is her answer. " The rules are that any structure must be portable and not have a foundation of any kind (i.e. must be constructed on skids so that it can eventually be hauled away). If you are looking at hand work on a claim, you will not require a permit. If there will be any mechanical work you will need a permit and the structure should be included in the application.

You will not be allowed any infrastructure such as septic without a permit. And if you determine you want septic you must go through provincial environment and sometimes DFO depending on where you are building. Any septic tank and field must conform with the new provincial requirements - which are costly and onerous. You would be best served to construct an outhouse or, alternatively, get an enviro-style toilet. Water is not controlled in the same way".

I hope that this helps.
Dave
Yellow rocks are my favorite

Offline gangesex

• PPT Invited
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2008, 02:25:47 PM »
New user here.

From Victor Koyanagi MEMPR in Prince George he says as long as the structure can be moved and has no foundation, then it is ok. If it is a dwelling, the septic and water would have to be to code, however, I have yet to see a mining inspector that is also a water or health inspector. and I have my current BC septic planner/installer ticket so Im ok.
But thats the rules

Jonathan

Offline k_t

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2008, 10:39:00 PM »
 :D
Thx guys I appreciate the info. I am a carpenter and have constructed small portable
buildings and am looking forward to having a place for some equipment and a bunk!

Happy New Year
Kevin

Offline goldcache

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2009, 10:09:29 AM »
If you go to this posting  Environmental Management Act-Placer Mining Waste Control Regulations  and scroll down to the part that has the notice for hand worked placer claims than you will see it says that no buildings can be put up without a permit.

Offline WorkinHard

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Kelowna
  • Kudos: 7
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2011, 07:10:25 PM »
If you are willing to live there you have the same rights as the first settlers did when they came here.

You can claim ALLODIAL TITLE of up to 160 acres of UNSURVEYED crown land as your own.
As long as you improve upon the land in some way (turning it into farm land being the most logical, as well as building and development) and it must be your MAIN place of domicile.

I can't remember where the documents are off hand but when I get my external hard drive hooked up and search through the terrabyte (1000 gigs) of info I have on there I'll post it up.

Also, you cannot sell it. That would be equitable title.