collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

Dot Guests: 149 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 12397
  • stats Total Posts: 124049
  • stats Total Topics: 17016
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Author Topic: 3rd Year and Ready To Go  (Read 368 times)

Offline Hillbound

• Province/State: BC
  • Kudos: 1
3rd Year and Ready To Go
« on: May 19, 2017, 10:49:47 AM »
To all the posters out there. Thank you! As a beginner I need as much info I can get. The creek I've been in is great but I'm ready to move to another location. I'm still finding specs in almost every pan but I'm restless. Gotta keep movin.
 Maybe north, maybe east, not sure. I live in Kelowna and am able to travel at will, so almost any direction is possible. Any tips where I can bend down and pick up a huge nugget will work <-laugh->.
I'm also considering buying a claim so I can dig deeper/bigger. So all tips and advice are very useful.
 Gotta love the gold bug!
Steve
Never Forget the Power of a Dream

Offline ryanonthevedder

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Chilliwack
  • Kudos: 17
Re: 3rd Year and Ready To Go
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2017, 11:35:15 AM »
Good for you for taking your time to learn the craft. Pick through the old mining reports and see what has been found in the past. There might be a watershed that is under utilized that you could claim with ease (Like the Fraser used to be). A word of caution though; if there are some available cells go and test them before you claim. I know of a stretch of open ground, but because I haven't traveled there yet I wont stake a claim. If you watch your pennies the dollars will watch themselves.

Offline Hillbound

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2017, 11:07:57 PM »
Thanks. I've looked over some of the older government reports and hope to check out some of the creeks and streams listed. If I get the opportunity to stake a claim I'll jump on it. To buy an existing would involve some testing. Also the better half isn't always as excited as I am. This year I will be getting my FMC in preparation for a positive year and move up from the pan and shovel level.
So far I've learned what water current's do, and the relationship of differing sized boulders and the way the black sands are doposited around and downstream of them. Ive found black sands, garnets, and most important  gold all along the creek edges. Ive made sure to stay on crown land and to be certain I'm not on any claims by learning all I can from the MTO website . Now I'm hoping to take my learning curve to new areas and possibly dry digging.
Cheers! [<-panning->]

Offline Tr06ha

• Province/State: Alberta
  • Kudos: 0
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2017, 12:19:25 AM »
Good luck!

Offline Chestiz

• Province/State: Vernon, British Columbia
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2017, 04:37:07 PM »
Hey im in vernon and keep me posted on your adventures. I went to go look at a claim yesterday and thinking of buying but the issues i'm having is its mostly a straight stretch of river and i could not test it because of the water levels. but the claim is so easy to access and there is a camp site right there. I'm just worried if i don't buy it today it could be taken tomorrow... <-unsure_>

Offline Hillbound

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2017, 11:55:01 PM »
I was out today looking around and the upper streams are getting going pretty good, moving lots of material. The upper air mass is definitely warm.
I was looking at areas below known claims. It's obvious to see that the access to these places are quite challenging to get to. Very steep banks. Easy down, long ways back up. The claims in this area are where the creek is near a road. Leaves me to think that an ambitious hike might lead to interesting  finds. The area also has plenty of bench type topography leading down to the gold bearing stream. I'm new at this, but this seems like what we're looking for. Time to dig holes and learn more.
I'm trying to learn by going to where claims are and learning the geology of the area, and also understand why gold and certain minerals are present, or as important, why not present. I should have paid better attention in school. nerd$#@

Offline Hillbound

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2017, 05:45:41 PM »
This is the type of gold I'm finding in a couple of hours. I classify 1/2" minus and then pan down to the lowest amount of concentrate I can in the field and take it home to use a finish pan in warmer water. I'll usually stop and look closer every 5th pan to see if the streak is still there. Usually digging between 6 and 24 inches. Going deeper hasn't resulted in much more than a deeper hole to fill.

Offline mcbain

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: hope bc
  • Kudos: 61
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2017, 07:05:52 PM »
Hi.I find most of my gold in the first foot.I do not go deeper unless the gold keeps coming.Just a observation.Luck mcbain.
I started out with nothing Istill have most of it.