collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

Dot Guests: 146 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 12397
  • stats Total Posts: 124049
  • stats Total Topics: 17016
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Author Topic: Has Anyone Panned on Moffat Creek In BC By Vernon?  (Read 438 times)

Offline Chestiz

• Province/State: Vernon, British Columbia
  • Kudos: 1
Has Anyone Panned on Moffat Creek In BC By Vernon?
« on: May 08, 2017, 02:32:57 PM »
Just wanted to get some info if anyone has panned on Moffat creek? looking online there is only a few claims taken and i tried to reach the owners but no success. Its between vernon and falkland. There are some claims open but i'm not sure if it is worth the purchase. I haven't heard much about that creek.

Offline bruno

• Province/State: Coquitlam
  • Kudos: 5
Re: Has Anyone Panned on Moffat Creek In BC By Vernon?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2017, 03:41:37 PM »
Chestiz why don't you go and try out those claims that are open, if no one has the claim then you can try it out.
If you like what you find then claim it.

Offline bruno

• Province/State: Coquitlam
  • Kudos: 5
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2017, 04:11:57 PM »
Those few claims on Moffat Creek seem to be a long way from any roads. that would be a long pack in there.

Offline Fraser Raised

• Province/State: Alberta
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2017, 06:41:02 PM »
More a question then statement but if a claim has not been claimed would that mean is pretty much dry. No colour there or its just to much work to get to like you said Chestiz.  Call me lazy but I want at least a goat trail into a claim lol.

Offline Chestiz

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2017, 09:55:00 PM »
Those few claims on Moffat Creek seem to be a long way from any roads. that would be a long pack in there.
  Thank you the logging road doesn't look to be to far but yes you are right. i will check it out. they might have a steep hill. I was just checking. thanks though

Offline Mack

• Province/State: Okanagan Valley BC
  • Kudos: 4
  • Sluice that motherf$&#er!!
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2017, 09:28:23 PM »
Chestiz,

I have panned that creek. Although there is a very juicy minfile about the creek, I was never able to find any of the gold that was supposedly there. The claims up higher can be accessed via a home owners driveway (was an old skidder trail) that becomes overgrown a ways up. If you walk up the creek from where the road crosses the creek you will soon be immersed in a deeply incised canyon and eventually hit a waterfall 1km or so up the creek which cannot be passed. The gold is apparently mixed in some glacial till, but I never got a single speck when I panned the length of the creek. The lower half of the creek is on the local indian bands reserve so tread carefully.

I was down at the vernon archives a while back and read a newspaper headline that read something like "Farmer finds golden egg", turned out to be a gold nugget in chicken poop out near moffat creek............kinda jives with the statements made in the minfile no?

Mack

Offline Chestiz

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2017, 04:23:25 PM »
Chestiz,

I have panned that creek. Although there is a very juicy minfile about the creek, I was never able to find any of the gold that was supposedly there. The claims up higher can be accessed via a home owners driveway (was an old skidder trail) that becomes overgrown a ways up. If you walk up the creek from where the road crosses the creek you will soon be immersed in a deeply incised canyon and eventually hit a waterfall 1km or so up the creek which cannot be passed. The gold is apparently mixed in some glacial till, but I never got a single speck when I panned the length of the creek. The lower half of the creek is on the local indian bands reserve so tread carefully.

I was down at the vernon archives a while back and read a newspaper headline that read something like "Farmer finds golden egg", turned out to be a gold nugget in chicken poop out near moffat creek............kinda jives with the statements made in the minfile no?

Mack

Thank you so much for your response. letting me know, I did look on google earth and looked pretty steep. Haven't gone out there myself. Do you have any info on White mans creek? iv heard of people panning there but its on native land and i didn't see any claims around that area. I only go up to harris creek but looking to buy a claim nearby any place you would recommend that isnt to far from vernon?

Offline 1829digger

• Province/State: bc
  • Kudos: 8
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2017, 05:01:28 PM »
You will have no luck getting a placer claim.. this is the map they say you can stake placer claims or leases.  But however a mineral claim you'll be able to grab

Offline 1829digger

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2017, 05:03:46 PM »
I've found some ground I wanted to stake. But it's out of these zone.  So I'm "S.O.L"

Offline 1829digger

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2017, 05:16:45 PM »
But don't take my word for it. Try it out see of you can. Maybe things changed. But when I tried claiming outside of those zones. It wouldn't go. But minerals claims would.