collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

BLACKPEARLDhodginsDoftheNorth

Dot Guests: 278 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 1

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 13064
  • stats Total Posts: 131804
  • stats Total Topics: 18417
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Mining Claims
Gear Pan
The lil Gold Spinner
BC GOLD
The lil Gold Spinner
The Pocket Sluice

Author Topic: New revised info update #38  (Read 4008 times)

Offline BC Handyman

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Cranbrook, BC
  • Kudos: 15
New revised info update #38
« on: March 30, 2017, 01:50:18 PM »
 Nip & tuck just found out & told me that info update #38 was revised, we think it was only #7 that was changed, but not completely sure.
 http://www2.gov.bc.ca/assets/gov/farming-natural-resources-and-industry/mineral-exploration-mining/documents/mineral-titles/notices-mineral-placer-titles/information-updates/infoupdate38.pdf

Offline wolfman250

• Province/State: east kootenay
  • Kudos: 2
  • he who hesitates, masturbates
Re: New revised info update #38
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2017, 05:29:23 PM »
Actually it was just #1 that changed from the April 12th 2016 version. It was me who got it changed.  ;)
go the way the wind blows

crewcut

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2017, 11:51:02 PM »

Offline wolfman250

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2017, 12:27:17 AM »
not sure if anyone mentioned anything about the law. Maybe I should have used "clarified" instead of "changed". This time last year I phoned and asked about digging in the 3m riparian setback for which they told me no, I couldn't. Then recently I heard others asked and were told yes, so I emailed on the 28th and asked for them to clarify it...then poof the next day it's been corrected.

I for one think the updates are great. The small scale mining industry is enormous now and the amount of folks I see out panning in the back country these days has increased 10 fold since I started back in 2010 (where I might see 1 if I was lucky). The less people out there getting caught doing dumb shit out in the open (I see this ALOT these days), the less chance the government restricts us even more. Update 38 has got to help with that. Good on those MTO folks.

Offline mcbain

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: hope bc
  • Kudos: 145
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2017, 07:15:12 PM »
Hi.Crew cut the whole camping thing has gotton stupid.I for the most part ignore it.I am totally surrounded by campers.I do not camp on my claim as I am only 12 minutes from Home.That being said.I build tarp tents wherer ever I work and I cut lots of firewood.I like to get out of the weather.Also my claim is my recreation time,summer or winter.I do not intend to build cabins or set up anything permanent.I like to refer to my setups as survial shelters and if ,MTO does not like that they got one ugly court battle a head of them.I fulley understand what they are trying to stop and that is folks aquiring a claim for sole recreation  purposes.example camping and no mining. and trying to keep it private.I agree with that.The fact you have a fmc and a claim should give you more rights not less.As a canadian taxpayer you can camp any where on crown land even parks.Hellyou can camp on Ms Chirsties door step if you want.I am about to go ballistic.Luck Mcbain.
I started out with nothing Istill have most of it.

Offline wolfman250

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2017, 07:48:24 PM »
solid point crewcut, I agree. I actually never read that far down lol. They for sure need to update that one too.

Offline sawdust

• Province/State: Fraser Canyon/British Columbia
  • Kudos: 10
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2017, 05:55:29 AM »
This may be a stupid question, but I want to be clear. On my claim, the 10 m riparian setback is about 50m from the edge of the present water level [Fraser].So does that mean I can only dig 10m back from the existing level to the high water mark? 3m back? Elevation restrictions are easily met as the claim is quite steep. Can I move some of the vegetation {moss} covered rocks if I put them back? Can I vacuum the moss, or complete waste of time? Seems like it would trap and hold fine gold. It seems like the rules are specifically worded to create a grey area for the Golden Gestapo to use at their discretion sometimes. Other times the rules are quite clear. Too bad the non-FMC types didn`t have to pay attention to them as well. Responsible placer miners certainly cause a lot less harm to the environment.  <-dont~know->

Offline mcbain

• PPT Invited
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2017, 07:58:39 PM »
Hi.Sawdust.I am surprised none of the Fraser guys replied.Might still.A lot of rule 38 does not apply to the fraser river.You can pretty much dig where you like.The Moss thing is another story.You are O K  with a vacuum,aslong as you do not pick the moss.Mossing is something the natives learned a 100 years ago.It concists of picking the moss and burning it in Diesel fuel in a steel drum and collecting the gold.Afew years back FN decided this practice was a detriment to the ecosystem and some how destroyed fish habitat.Only FN are now allowed to practice their(Tradional way of mining).I will choke on my vomit now.Luck Mcbain.

Offline MrDave

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Central Alberta
  • Kudos: 8
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2017, 08:02:08 PM »
All these Alberta people should be paying attention to all this. As they get more destructive, the more regs we will get. I go out to the local river, and see the damage caused by people who are clueless.
 Lots here in Alberta, don't even try to find the hidden laws. So much of it is from various acts, covered by out her departments of the government. No clarity here in Alberta
Happy to have achieved Dirty Old Man status. Finally a goal achieved.

Offline mcbain

• PPT Invited
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2017, 08:50:07 PM »
Hi.Mr.Dave.Have to agree with you to apoint.More and more folks going mining that know nothing but not as bad as all the more and more hoards going Camping.I ask folks Why are you destroying this site?Why are you cutting down green trees and are you leaving all this garbage? they all have a stunned look when I ask.Did you set up your camp in this garbage dumb or was it clean when you got here.Standard answer is it was clean that is why we are here.Are you going to leave it the way you found it?Dumb Look and a waste of my breath.Need more bear food .Luck Mcbain.