collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

Woodspiritshortbus

Dot Guests: 155 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 12423
  • stats Total Posts: 123150
  • stats Total Topics: 17026
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Author Topic: Material Change to Allowable Physical Work  (Read 3289 times)

Offline AMS

• Kudos: 0
Material Change to Allowable Physical Work
« on: December 04, 2007, 08:23:16 AM »
The Guide to Physical Work was changed effective November 30 2006 - apparently with no industry consultation or notification. Here are the two versions:

Old Guide (what was previously allowed)

Trench or Open-Cut Work
Dimensions (in metric measurements) of each trench or the amount of material removed must be stated.  Value may be either based upon the labour, supply and machinery costs [equivalent values to those for road and trail work above] or upon the volume at a rate of $50.00 per cubic metre in earth or gravel or $90.00 per cubic metre through rock.  A map showing the work sites must be included.

Placer Sluicing, Panning or Rocker Box
Testing of recovered material by panning or use of a sluice box or rocker box may be claimed either from the cost of labour or as a general volume value, but not both.  Labour costs are claimed equivalent to those for road and trail work above.  Volume values are calculated at $50 per cubic metre of material processed.  In both cases, the amount of material processed must be stated and the work details (number of persons, work period(s), equipment used) must be indicated, and a map showing the sites from where the material was extracted must be attached.

New Guide (what is now allowed)

Trench or Open-Cut Work
Dimensions (in metric measurements) of all workings, openings and related activity for trenches, open cuts, adits, pits, shafts and underground activity. The work sites must be identified on the map. The work must be described (what was done, how it was done) and include a cost statement. Value may be based upon the labour, supply and machinery costs as set out under “Determining the value of physical exploration and development work” below.

Placer Sluicing, Panning or Rocker Box
Testing of recovered material by panning or use of a sluice box or rocker box may be claimed from the cost of labour. The amount of material processed must be stated and the work details (number of persons, work period(s), equipment used) must be indicated, and a map showing the sites from where the material was extracted must be attached. Value is calculated as set out under “Determining the value of physical exploration and development work” below.

I have been advised that anyone now filing on the old guidelines (i.e. by cubic meters of disturbance and/or processing) will have their report either rejected or rolled back to reflect actual costs. Apparently the change was made to eliminate 'abuse' whereby multiple properties could be held with minimal work. However in researching this, I was unable to find any examples of abuse among a sample of more than 50 filings (both placer and hardrock) completed on cubic meters. Likely this is because of the high cost of recording fees.

Whether you agree or disagree with the changes, the fact is that the Ministry (MEMPR), specifically Titles Branch, has an obligation to industry to make known any and all changes that affect work reporting, this is notwithstanding any discussions with industry that should have taken place prior to any changes being made so there could have been input. As of right now, I have been unable to find any sector of industry, including the associations representing us throughout the province, that were consulted about this. Apparently the change was made as a result of input at the 'public meetings' held pre and post-MTO launch, which given the fact they were public as opposed to industry specific does not qualify as consultation. Further, I attended all of the public meetings held in the Cariboo Region and not once was the topic of eliminating cubic meters for assessment raised.

This is a prime example of government doing what it wants and catching industry unaware. Please make your opinions known on this issue. If we do not speak up when our rights are turned into privileges soon we will have no rights at all.

Offline Hillbillybob

• Kudos: 0
Re: Material Change to Allowable Physical Work
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2007, 11:31:51 AM »
I would like to understand just what you are talking about here.
Can you put this in a simple way so I can understand what the value of labor is for?
Do you haft to sell the government your gold and silver mined?
Do they pay you a set amount for minerals recovered or is this a rate of pay you must pay someone working for you including yourself?

Hillbillybob

Offline WorkinHard

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Kelowna
  • Kudos: 7
Re: Material Change to Allowable Physical Work
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2010, 10:41:19 AM »

If we do not speak up when our rights are turned into privileges soon we will have no rights at all.

Sadly most people don't even know their rights.  <-NO_>
And even more just do what they're told.
The system tightens it's grip on us by the day.