collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

Dot Guests: 145 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 12397
  • stats Total Posts: 124049
  • stats Total Topics: 17016
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Author Topic: Magnetic Survey Result  (Read 1427 times)

Offline Rios

• Province/State: bulawayo
  • Kudos: 0
Re: Magnetic Survey Result
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2017, 03:20:23 AM »
Just to spread the risk I have decided to sink a shaft on the claim where people are already mining while I still decide on the way forward on my own land. The guys are now 4 meters deep and have now reached competed rock which we are now drilling using a jack hammer and explosives. We will give the owner of the property 25% of whatever we get. Its a sort of tribute arrangement.

We are sinking a vertical shaft targeting the known proven reef 40m below. In a month's time we should get there. This project is just to diversify the risk. It is actually less risky because it is on the brownfield where people are already mining. Most of the miners abandon their shafts because of water  at around 70m. We are hopping to go beyond these levels as we will be having the proper pumping systems that they are generally reluctant to invest in.

We will collar the shaft soon enough

Below are the pictures

Shaft at start (2).png
Shaft at start (2).png

Offline Rios

« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2017, 11:48:39 PM »
I am thinking of sinking 2 shafts now, maybe 30 to 35m deep then digging a tunnel to connect them. That way will I not intercept the reef? How feasible is that? The cost of digging the 2 shafts is very low here.
Proposed shafts.JPG

Meanwhile on the other shaft the guys are now 10.5 meters deep. Progress is slow but I am hoping the pace will quicken this week as I now have 10 guys digging. The rock is changing from weathered granitoid to more competent granite and soon we should be in bluestone which is quite hard.
10.5m shaft.JPG
gangue.JPG

Offline mcbain

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: hope bc
  • Kudos: 61
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2017, 08:27:30 PM »
Scares the hell out of me.Hard hats will not help.Got a problem with digging my own grave.Just saying luck Mcbain.
I started out with nothing Istill have most of it.

Offline Rios

« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2017, 11:29:42 AM »
Scares the hell out of me.Hard hats will not help.Got a problem with digging my own grave.Just saying luck Mcbain.

13.7m  now
20170528_125323-567x756.jpg

And  i  visited  a  nearby  mining  site  left  by  the 'Germans' way  back. I  dont  if  they  were  trully  Germans  but  the  locals  say so.  They  are  pumping out  water  so  they   can  mine

20170526_122418-567x1008.jpg