collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

Dot Guests: 142 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 12534
  • stats Total Posts: 124380
  • stats Total Topics: 17208
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Author Topic: Magnetic Survey Result  (Read 3356 times)

Offline Rios

• Province/State: bulawayo
  • Kudos: 0
Re: Magnetic Survey Result
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2017, 03:13:28 AM »
Question ?  Why are you so willing to throw money away sinking a shaft  ( or two ) just on a guess that it will be in
the right place , when you can ( and should ) do a geochemical survey first that can and will show you where it
should be sunk if at all ? You say money is really not that much of a problem ( at least that is what you indicate ) , also , your willingness to commit time , money , and labor to a mag. survey that you really do not fully understand ,
( at least as far as being willing to use only it to help you make very important  decisions ) , when a geochemical
survey can supply so very much more information in a manner that is easer to understand and at the same time
fills in the blanks of what is in the ground that a mag. survey  is unable to do .  Your reasoning escapes me !
I have since gone on to dig a 2 meter deep trench cutting across the claim and a possibly across the reef-hosting structure. I have since taken samples to the lab for fire assay. I should have the results by end of day today. So I did listen to adviceTrenching.jpg

Offline Breaking Ground

• Province/State: BC
  • Kudos: 6
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2017, 11:07:29 AM »
What's your goal with this property? Do you just want to get some assays then present them to a junior to do more exploration?
Hard rock costs 100's of thousands to millions to prove up. Who did the survey; you or someone else before you?
Do you own the claim?
Doing some assays and getting some decent results could get others interested but without hiring a geo to get yourself better situated on where to get samples from is like looking for a needle in a haystack. Cheapest way to get a rough idea of what's up is hire an independent geo for awhile to come out but if you don't have some info already to give him then you're starting from scratch. And heads up, you'll get multiple different interpretations from one survey from different people. They are never interpreted in the exact same way by multiple people.
Want a cheaper way to play around, find some decent placer ground.

Offline Rios

« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2017, 02:00:56 PM »
What's your goal with this property? Do you just want to get some assays then present them to a junior to do more exploration?
Hard rock costs 100's of thousands to millions to prove up. Who did the survey; you or someone else before you?
Do you own the claim?
Doing some assays and getting some decent results could get others interested but without hiring a geo to get yourself better situated on where to get samples from is like looking for a needle in a haystack. Cheapest way to get a rough idea of what's up is hire an independent geo for awhile to come out but if you don't have some info already to give him then you're starting from scratch. And heads up, you'll get multiple different interpretations from one survey from different people. They are never interpreted in the exact same way by multiple people.
Want a cheaper way to play around, find some decent placer ground.

The  goal  is  to  mine  on  the  property.  From  pegging  to  where  i  am today,  everything  i  have  done  has  been  under  the  guidance  of  a  geologist  who  is  also   a  geophysicist.  He  was  once   the  chief geologist  for Turk  Mine  the  biggest  mine  mining  on  the  same  greenstone  belt.  He  is  even  the  one  who  advised  on  where  to  peg  the  claims. 

From  the  biggining  he  indicated that  chances were  high  that  the  reef  being  mined  north  east  of  my  claim  was  the  same was  as  would  be  on  the  claim.  This  he  supposed  on  the  strength  of  the  magnetic  survey  conducted  and  the  fact  that  mineral  deposits  in  the  area  end  to  be over  a  long  distance.  He  then  did  the  ip  and  resisistivy  surveys   the  resurts  of  which  he  interpreted  by  saying the continuous  high chargeability  zones  were  the  areas  of  potential  mineralised  reefhosting rock. He  was  using  also  information  from existing  mine  shafts north  east which  showed  sulphide  deposits. The  width  of  the  polarised  zone  covers  roughly  the  width  of  the  area  the  other  guys  are  mining.

Then  he advised  and  directed  the  trenching  exercise.  His  aim  was  to  see  if  2m  below  surface,  where  the  bedrock  lies,  there  was  gold mineralization.  So  he  collected  samples  from  every  meter  along  the  trench.  He  then  took  these for  fire  assay. 

I  also  had  some  guys  dowse  on  the property  and  where  they  were  insisting  they  feld  there  were  strong indications  of  reefs  seemed  to coincicide with  the  highly  poralized  zone. 

Thats  all  of  the  exploration  that has  been  done. 

Offline Rios

« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2017, 02:09:25 PM »
Screenshot_20170428-000936-574x299.jpg
the  trench  was  dug  along  the  above  ip line to check  also  on  the high   chargeability  zone.  The  ip line  was  perpendicular  to  what  the  geologist  said  was  the  contact  zone  from  the  mag  survey.  The contact  being  granite  meeting  bluestone.

Offline Breaking Ground

« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2017, 03:29:52 PM »
Looks like you're having fun out there Rios. Hopefully the survey is accurate to how the geo interprets it. I know a fair bit of the bedrock mapping done in our area hasn't been particularly accurate, with differences of up to 40 feet in some surveys.
Hopefully the reef has mineralization on the outer crust. At least if you can identify certain areas of interest then maybe a bit of a core sample would be warranted. Hard rock can soak up so much $ so quickly so it's good you have a geo helping you out.
Is the geo telling you there is both micro sulphide gold and free visible native gold as well? Would be an interesting deposit if that was the case. What did he identify the main host rock as?

Offline Rios

« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2017, 11:18:27 PM »
Looks like you're having fun out there Rios. Hopefully the survey is accurate to how the geo interprets it. I know a fair bit of the bedrock mapping done in our area hasn't been particularly accurate, with differences of up to 40 feet in some surveys.
Hopefully the reef has mineralization on the outer crust. At least if you can identify certain areas of interest then maybe a bit of a core sample would be warranted. Hard rock can soak up so much $ so quickly so it's good you have a geo helping you out.
Is the geo telling you there is both micro sulphide gold and free visible native gold as well? Would be an interesting deposit if that was the case. What did he identify the main host rock as?

Free  gold  and  fine  hosted  in  quartz  reefs

Offline Rios

« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2017, 11:22:07 PM »
20170511_081856-360x640.jpg

Offline Rios

« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2017, 10:09:38 AM »
20170511_092901.jpg

The   sample  results came  but not  sure if  they were  good  enough. They  are  in  grams/ton

Offline Breaking Ground

« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2017, 04:16:32 PM »
Sample 9 obviously is the sample you should concentrate look into further. What kind of samples were they? Loose grab samples, hammer chips off bedrock? Were the ground before giving them to the lab? Were they from an identified vein? If so did you do a cross cut including a bit of the host rock with the ore?

If you are going through the trouble to send samples to the lab to get assayed you may want to consider doing a multi element fire so you know if there are any other additional valuable elements there too like silver, copper, etc.
And a heads up, you mentioned sulphides earlier in a post, if you are sending sulphides in and want gold and other elements assayed properly I hope the lab is a good experienced one cause if they don't know what they are doing with sulphides you can get some really skewed results from them. I've sent multiple samples that were ground and mixed then sent to three different labs and gotten very different results back with sulphide ore's specifically.

Offline Rios

« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2017, 09:04:14 PM »
Sample 9 obviously is the sample you should concentrate look into further. What kind of samples were they? Loose grab samples, hammer chips off bedrock? Were the ground before giving them to the lab? Were they from an identified vein? If so did you do a cross cut including a bit of the host rock with the ore?

If you are going through the trouble to send samples to the lab to get assayed you may want to consider doing a multi element fire so you know if there are any other additional valuable elements there too like silver, copper, etc.
And a heads up, you mentioned sulphides earlier in a post, if you are sending sulphides in and want gold and other elements assayed properly I hope the lab is a good experienced one cause if they don't know what they are doing with sulphides you can get some really skewed results from them. I've sent multiple samples that were ground and mixed then sent to three different labs and gotten very different results back with sulphide ore's specifically.

Loose  samples  mostly  soil  infact.  Sometimes  bit  of  rubble.   Bedrock  wasnt  what normally hostp  the  gold.  Its  the  layer  after  the  bedrock   which  usually  has  the  veins  in  bluestone.  Bedrock  is  a  layer  of  schist  that  easily  crumples  and  is   maybe  3m  thick. Samples  were  from  every  meter,  no  veins.

Sample 9 we  will  open  up  the  part  of  the  trench  and see  what  is  happening.  But  of  initial  check  showed  that  stone  as  being  just  a single  big  stone  which  wasnt  showing  a  continuous  vein  in any  direction.  Its  puzzling  how it  was  there

The  geologist  insists  the  results  make sense  since  our  target  is  48 m  deep.  I dont  know